bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 26th Jun 2010, 11:46   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The Vintage Computing Festival 2010

A new Amiga and Guitar Hero on a C64 were among the highlights of the show.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...estival-2010/1

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jun 2010, 11:57   #2
bw67958
Minimodder

bw67958 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Cooool - makes me wanna getmy old speccy rubber keys out for a session of Manic Miner or Jet Set Willy!!!!
Old 26th Jun 2010, 12:19   #3
Hustler
Hypermodder

Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Amazing.....a ZX Spectrum on the internet....

If only we knew then what we know now.....................could have made Billllllllllllllllllllllllllllllions....
Hustler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jun 2010, 12:27   #4
frontline
Punish Your Machine

frontline has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfrontline has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice article
Intel Core i7 2600K| Asus P8P67-M PRO R3 | Corsair H70 Hydro Series CPU Cooler |Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz XMS3 Memory Kit CL9 1.65V | Sapphire HD 6990 4GB GDDR5 | Crucial M225 128Gb SSD | Asus Xonar DX | LG W2261VP | Corsair GS800 PSU
frontline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jun 2010, 13:23   #5
Evildead666
Supermodder

Evildead666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Damn !!! Thanks for that article.
Love the piccies, would have liked to see more

Great Article.
Old 26th Jun 2010, 14:03   #6
EdwardTeach
Multimodder

EdwardTeach has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
the amiga looks very much like it is housed in a Fractal Design Define R2 case (the "Black Pearl")

Possibly chosen because the case has no branding on it.
Intel Core i7 930, Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, Asus ATI Radeon HD 5850, Patriot Viper 6GB, Intel X25-M Mainstream 80GB, Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB, Corsair HX 750W, Fractal Design Define R2 Midi Tower Case - Silver Arrow
EdwardTeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jun 2010, 15:33   #7
JohnDribble
Minimodder

JohnDribble has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
no benchmarks?
JohnDribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jun 2010, 22:23   #8
sleepygamer
More Metal Than Thou

sleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysis
'Having shown the device to Apple employees during the iTunes Festival, Pixelh8 describes their reaction as "very interested, but they were [scoffing that] it doesn't do multi-touch."'

It's things like this that give Apple fans a bad rep for being elitist. >.<

Cool article, mind you.
Lazarus | CPU | Intel C2Q Q9400 @ 2.66Ghz | RAM | 4GB (2x2GB) OCZ Reaper DDR2 666MHz @ 5-6-6-15 | Mobo | ASUS P5B Deluxe | GPU | EVGA GTX460 1GB SC | SSD/Boot | Kingston 64GB SSDNow V | HDD/Storage | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 | PSU | Silverstone Strider 700W | Case | NZXT M59 | Monitor | 20" LG Flatron | Keyboard | Razer Lycosa Mirror | Mouse | Razer Lachesis Wraith Red
I also blog! - It's about hardware and stuff! // Latest review: Sennheiser HD 215 Headphones
I also tweet! - sleepygamester
sleepygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jun 2010, 22:25   #9
Star*Dagger
Pan-Galactic Revolutionary

Star*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for president
Keep up the good work Bit-Tech, more articles like these please!

.-
Star*Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2010, 02:05   #10
Adnoctum
Kill_All_Humans

Adnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for president
I love the Commodore 1084S monitors with the broken flaps. If there a 1084S with knobs out there that hasn't broken its flap? I have three, all broken by various owners (including myself).
Old 27th Jun 2010, 09:21   #11
Yslen
Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardTeach
the amiga looks very much like it is housed in a Fractal Design Define R2 case (the "Black Pearl")

Possibly chosen because the case has no branding on it.
And it's probably noisy because they've only got the rear 120mm exhaust working flat out rather than opening up the vents and using three slower exhaust fans...
Asrock Z77e-ITX - Intel i5 3570k - Corsair H50-1 - G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz - Gigabyte HD6870 - Crucial M4 - Samsung HDD - 530W ThermalTake SS PSU - Bitfenix Prodigy - LG IPS231P - NAOS 8200 - Poker II (Reds) - IBM Model M
Take a look at my Photography portfolio, here.
Yslen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2010, 11:00   #12
SoulRider
Modder

SoulRider has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Can we have a Bit-Tech article on Amandahls (sic) Law?

And can we have more aticles like this, instead of smartphone articles?
SoulRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2010, 11:58   #13
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Great article. Brings back sweet memories of 8-bit retro goodness.

Must fire up my C64 and Amiga emulators again...
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2010, 13:59   #14
Somer_Himpson
Banned

Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.Somer_Himpson is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepygamer View Post
'Having shown the device to Apple employees during the iTunes Festival, Pixelh8 describes their reaction as "very interested, but they were [scoffing that] it doesn't do multi-touch."'

It's things like this that give Apple fans a bad rep for being elitist. >.<

Cool article, mind you.
Agreed.
Stupid arrogant Apple Snerts!
Somer_Himpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2010, 23:32   #15
Fabou
Supermodder

Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
1.500 a system based around a dual core proc at 2Ghz , I hope it can make coffe. Seriously I would be interested in hearing more about it.
I really like your comment mate I wish I could express myself like this too! Thanks buddy!!
Fabou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2010, 23:59   #16
OldAmigan
What's a Dremel?

OldAmigan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The Vintage Computing Festival 2010

@Fabou

Go and visit Amigaworld or Amigans for a bit more info, or, of course, the manufacturer, A-Eon

@Thread

I think the case is, indeed a Fractal Designs case. The front panel is intended to have a "Boing Ball" logo pressed into it but they hadn't arrived in time for the show.
OldAmigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2010, 01:37   #17
Gradius
IT Consultant

Gradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for president
What? No MSX there? BORING!
Gradius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2010, 15:33   #18
Chocobollz
Multimodder

Chocobollz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulRider View Post
Can we have a Bit-Tech article on Amandahls (sic) Law?

And can we have more aticles like this, instead of smartphone articles?
I don't think we need an explanation on those laws, because it's probably just as the same as a simple law called "Diminishing Return"
Chocobollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2010, 19:57   #19
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabou View Post
1.500 a system based around a dual core proc at 2Ghz , I hope it can make coffe. Seriously I would be interested in hearing more about it.
I agree, a mighty fail for Amiga, using old gen hardware.
Burnout21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jun 2010, 10:48   #20
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradius
What? No MSX there? BORING!
Indeed.... surely they must have had an old Toshiba knocking around
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote