bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 28th Jun 2010, 12:55   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Sam Raimi talks about WoW movie

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ks-wow-movie/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2010, 13:10   #2
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
if you think about it: if they don't get EVERY tiny detail right, fan boys will **** brix about it, and they won't get every tiny detail right, cause everyone will want something different from the movie (myself included). Now think about how many millions of WoW players there are?

So, basically, you going to have the biggest grossing fail of all time, with fanatics screaming "its sux so bad, i watched it like 13 times already)

I smell big stink out of this one

/2c
Draksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2010, 13:54   #3
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
no no no no no no no no no no no noooooooooooooooo. Hollywood should f off and leave our games alone. Some games are bad enough with out you tards putting your on generic crap spin on it. Even a good game doesn't require some clueless idiot whose never played the game trying to turn it into "the next avatar" (I almost said titanic thinking of the movie but ultimatly the boat itself is a great methaphor, an overhyped mess that sinks on release taking lots of people with it!) Southpark wow ep was great but please leave it at that!!
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2010, 14:00   #4
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by javaman View Post
I almost said titanic thinking of the movie but ultimatly the boat itself is a great methaphor, an overhyped mess that sinks on release taking lots of people with it!
just about sums it up, yes

+rep
Old 28th Jun 2010, 14:17   #5
lacuna
Supermodder

lacuna has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
South Park already did it and it was brilliant, no need for a sequel.
lacuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2010, 14:39   #6
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Why make a movie about WoW? There is a ton of much better games that could be ruined by making a film about them. Mass effect would be a better...oh wait.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2010, 14:53   #7
Sonofalich
Minimodder

Sonofalich has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
In a world without original ideas the film industry moves onto games. As a fast easy buck.
Beats having to risk it on originality, also if you play Wow, chances are you are going to watch this movie and possibly even purchase it on DVD / Blu-ray etc.

Money money money.
Sonofalich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2010, 15:04   #8
El Rando
I know what a dremel is

El Rando has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacuna
+1
External HDD: Dane-Elec 500GB, OS: Windows XP SP3
El Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2010, 15:10   #9
capnPedro
Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Just let Uwe Boll at it and be done with it.

I <3 Aquatuning & Enermax long time!
capnPedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2010, 15:24   #10
Draksis
Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofalich View Post
In a world without original ideas the film industry moves onto games. As a fast easy buck.
Beats having to risk it on originality, also if you play Wow, chances are you are going to watch this movie and possibly even purchase it on DVD / Blu-ray etc.
The fanatics, sure, but after the first wave of viewers, then the flaming, I don't think that there will be as many people watching it as everyone thinks.

If its good, i'll buy the DVD, but not go watch at the cinema. If its bad, as it most likely will be, i'm not even going to bother - and prob just stop playing WoW cause every server will explode with rage.
Old 28th Jun 2010, 15:37   #11
paisa666
I WILL END YOU!!!

paisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysis
ITa called WoW because that's the franchise that made blizzard and warcraft so popular.

But the movie isnt about love stories and all that crap, like Chris Metzen said in an interview "we want a director who realise this isnt about pillow fights, its about war, action and BLOOOD"

sounds great to me..
Old 28th Jun 2010, 15:50   #12
NuTech
Mod Master

NuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run Crysis
10 says this film gets stuck in development hell and never sees the light of day (in its current form, anyway).
Old 28th Jun 2010, 16:24   #13
crazyceo
Banned

crazyceo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
But will they still all have Beards? including the women?
crazyceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2010, 16:37   #14
Draksis
Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisa666 View Post
ITa called WoW because that's the franchise that made blizzard and warcraft so popular.

But the movie isnt about love stories and all that crap, like Chris Metzen said in an interview "we want a director who realise this isnt about pillow fights, its about war, action and BLOOOD"

sounds great to me..
Not saying that it will turn into a romantic comedy, i was rather referring to the lore, and just plain fact of the Warcraft universe that they will **** up. I'm sure that it will be bloody and war and killing and stuff as well, but anything further than that will fail
Old 28th Jun 2010, 17:39   #15
supermonkey
Deal with it

supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
If it ever gets made, it will probably fail at the box office. But, the studio will expect it to fail at the box office. This is the type of film that a studio makes knowing full well that it will make its money back ten-fold in licensing and DVD/Blu-ray sales.

It's a known secret in the industry that most films released today aim for a decent box office return in the first couple days of release, but that DVD sales and foreign releases are where the real money is made.

As has been said, the WoW fanboys will queue up for all the midnight showings, then moan about all the changes to the story/characters/locations/etc. They'll see it 2 more times just to catch all the inacurracies, write on their blogs about how much film sucks because they left out the Barrow Downs and Tom Bombadil some Night Elf or Undead of importance, then they'll buy the theatrical version and the extended edition on Blu-ray.

Fanboys are very rabid and protective of their particular genre, but they're also very predictable when it comes to movies and merchandise.
But of bliss and of glad life there is little to be said, before it ends; as works fair and wonderful, while still they endure for eyes to see, are their own record, and only when they are in peril or broken for ever do they pass into song.
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Silmarillion
supermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2010, 18:29   #16
TSR2
Multimodder

TSR2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Anyone heard of the Doom film recently?
TSR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2010, 20:53   #17
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR2
Anyone heard of the Doom film recently?
Released several years ago and was last seen in a bargain bin with the rest of the game films
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2010, 22:18   #18
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draksis View Post
if you think about it: if they don't get EVERY tiny detail right, fan boys will **** brix about it, and they won't get every tiny detail right, cause everyone will want something different from the movie (myself included). Now think about how many millions of WoW players there are?

So, basically, you going to have the biggest grossing fail of all time, with fanatics screaming "its sux so bad, i watched it like 13 times already)

I smell big stink out of this one

/2c
WoW already already bends over Wacraft lore and has its way with it. All the fan boys already know to just shake their heads and laugh when it comes to WoW. Ulduar killed it for me. Oh btw, you're just gonna kill all these epicly powerful figures who helped shape the world. And then some guy from space is gonna come and threaten to destroy all life and essentially terraform the planet. What is this, some sci-fi God of War MMO?
Old 28th Jun 2010, 23:16   #19
DriftCarl
Supermodder

DriftCarl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
well maybe it would have been popular if it was released around now, but in 3 years time? I honest dont think wow will be in such a dominant position in 3 years time, literally 1000's are quitting wow every day. I know the game is still selling quite well and the expansion will no doubt sell well, but the subscriber base is still getting lower and lower, its only a matter of time before it normalises to a standard subscriber base which will probably be around the 6-800,000 mark. Might not be this year, or the year after, but wow certainlly wont carry on being so popular for many more years
DriftCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2010, 23:16   #20
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacuna
agreed, that episode reminds me of why I will never play a pay to play game or just WoW for that matter.
DimasTech Test Bench Black ICE Triple 120 Rad Dual Bay Res/Pump DD Fill Port & Res D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory (2) AMD 6870 XFire (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive ASUS XONAR DX2 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD (2) 23" ASUS LCD ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER (4) NOCTUA P12 (2) NOCTUA P14 1000W ZALMAN PSU WINDOWS 7 PRO 64
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote