bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 29th Jun 2010, 14:26   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Gaming Podcast 14 - Of Adverts and Atheism

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/podcast...s-and-atheism/

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jun 2010, 14:59   #2
erratum1
Needs a new avatar !

erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.
A gaming podcast, great thanx. First reply, I rule !
erratum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jun 2010, 15:05   #3
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
just had an idea for your podcasts why not invite forum members to come in for the podcast every so often ask their opinions on things such as advertising etc
Old 29th Jun 2010, 15:07   #4
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyb
just had an idea for your podcasts why not invite forum members to come in for the podcast every so often ask their opinions on things such as advertising etc
Doing it with a forum person would require more audio recording abilities and knowledge than we possess, frankly

We do ask for input over Twitter "live" as we record the podcast, though!

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jun 2010, 15:19   #5
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyb
If you've got thoughts on anything from a past podcast then send us an email and we'll include it fo sho!

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jun 2010, 17:11   #6
Hovis
Supermodder

Hovis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Currently playing APB and have yet to actually hear an advert. Wonder if they will come in with the launch version, or if they are just a myth.
Hovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jun 2010, 20:27   #7
WildThing
Hypermodder

WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Nice podcast, great to hear Paul has come out of his shell.
Asus P8P67 PRO Intel i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz Titan Fenrir XFX 6950 @ 6970 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 2x Crucial C300 128GB (OS + Games) Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Auzentech XFI-Prelude + Creative T7700 7.1 Enermax Liberty 500W Corsair 650D case HP 24" LP2475W Win7 x64
WildThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2010, 14:17   #8
Podge4
Oi, whats your game?

Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Podge4 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
A quick rant about advertising in games. Some of the types of games you guys touched on like Burnout and football games i would expect some sort of billboard ads around the place. The likes of Fifa allow you to wear Nike and Adidas boots, my gripe was with Fight Night Round 4 on the 360, again you can buy Adidas and Lonsdale gloves and boots but it doesn't shove it in you're face.

Thats not the issue tho, I hadn't played it for a little while and i think because id clicked on a video for a LG tv on xbox live it then proceeded to post two big boxes advertising this tv on the loading screen, that really did get me more than a little angry. Mind you, it is EA, Robdogs.

Im Lovin' Fallout 3 again. I got L4D2 on steam sale for bout 6.40, Zeno Clash for 2 odd, and AVP Original 2000 version for 75p. was tempted with Eve for 1.50 but wasn't too sure.

One last quick rant, i know everyone hates GFWL, but i've not had a problem... untill now, GTA4 has worked perfect with it but now im waiting to hear from Microsoft again cos it says i've exceeded my amount of key activations on it with GFWL, key works still with game, you can only use key with it bout 5 times. F*#king s*@tty GFWL, thats why everyone hates you, and Microsoft have been no help so far, i'll see what happens when they ring me back.

Sry for long rant, but it feels better now.
WinTV-HVR1300, BenQ E2200HD, Win 8.1 Pro x64

Last edited by Podge4; 30th Jun 2010 at 14:28. Reason: added a bit
Podge4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2010, 16:43   #9
Material
Soco Amaretto Lime
bit-tech Staff

Material is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildThing
Nice podcast, great to hear Paul has come out of his shell.
Thanks, I was on slightly firmer ground talking about games I've played rather than Computex. Truth be told I was terrified for the entire duration of my first podcast, all my time was spent making sure I didn't say anything stupid.

bit-tech on Facebook - Custom PC on Facebook - bit-tech on Twitter

Steam ID: votelarry - BFBC2 ID: M4terial - Feel free to add me
Material is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jul 2010, 22:42   #10
b5k
Multimodder

b5k has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hey, can I just throw out an idea for ALL your podcasts, not just this one...

USE A COMPRESSOR!

Some people are consistently quiet, some are consistently loud but they're both 100% annoying. Get on it!
b5k is offline   Reply With Quote