bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 4th Jul 2010, 13:12   #1
lenne0815
What has been seen cannot be unseen

lenne0815 has yet to learn the way of the Dremellenne0815 has yet to learn the way of the Dremellenne0815 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
[Projetc] Nautilus - Laying down some carbon...

curious ?

Last edited by lenne0815; 14th Jul 2011 at 11:15.
lenne0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2010, 13:53   #2
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Yes, yes I am. Looking forward to seeing more. The case design pics of this were awesome, so seeing it fleshed out is something to look forward to!

Mod on!
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2010, 13:55   #3
lenne0815

lenne0815 has yet to learn the way of the Dremellenne0815 has yet to learn the way of the Dremellenne0815 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
cheers naloc, maybe i get the carbon molds done today...
Old 4th Jul 2010, 14:04   #4
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
As with many, the best I can do is some sleeving. Would never be able to do something like this. Best of luck, look forward to updates.
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2010, 18:11   #5
disturbed13
Hypermodder

disturbed13 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
this will be good
and i hope that you use your CNC in the log
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanlon303 View Post
The modder in me says whack a hole, fool!
disturbed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2010, 19:58   #6
Shadow703793
Supermodder

Shadow703793 has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadow703793 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yum. Carbon Fiber cheesecake!
Shadow703793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2010, 20:20   #7
nebun
Midnight Modder

nebun has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ooooooooooooh, this is gonna be good, I think my curiosity level is peaked
nebun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2010, 21:14   #8
SuicideNeil
I'm insane, not stupid.

SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.
Thats a thing of beauty, you'll need big desk so you can display it well ( so sad that so many great cases get plonked on the floor or under a desk where they are difficult to appreciate ). Will be watching for sure
Old 5th Jul 2010, 18:49   #9
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Is it going to open up like the contest version?
I'm really looking forward to this. You guys keep level-upping here.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2010, 21:33   #10
lenne0815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Is it going to open up like the contest version?
I'm really looking forward to this. You guys keep level-upping here.
its my plan to build it that way
Old 6th Jul 2010, 18:32   #11
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
SSSSSSSWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEET!
Old 7th Jul 2010, 17:20   #12
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
interesting!
Burnout21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2010, 19:37   #13
dullonien
Master of the unfinished.

dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I thought the steampunk version you entered into the sketchup competition was good, but this takes it to another level. Loving the material choices, if you pull this off it will almost certainly be a MOTY contender!!!
Main SilverStone FT03B | 2500K@4.0GHz | Corsair H70 | Maximus IV Gene-Z | 16GB DDR3 | Zotac GTX 470 | Corsair AX750 | 2 x HP ZR24w's | Server Antec 300 | Q6600 | Corsair H50 | EVGA 680i Sli | 8GB DDR2 | Sapphire HD4870 | Corsair HX520 | HighPoint RocketRAID 2680SGL | Renderer Lian-Li V300 | E6600 | Titan Fenrir | Abit Fatal1ty F-190HD | 4GB DDR2 | HIS X1950XT | Storage 12.5TB of Seagate HDD's |
dullonien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2010, 21:04   #14
Metric
has a bazooka

Metric has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
w00t! Go lenne!
Metric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2010, 08:23   #15
motas
Supermodder

motas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That looks awesome cant wait to see it.
motas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2010, 09:06   #16
confusis
Kiwi-modder

confusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysis
Hey stop it - I'm planning to go for MOTY ><

Looks awesome !
confusis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2010, 15:01   #17
shah
Hypermodder

shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
This is one hell of a design...
shah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2010, 20:17   #18
lenne0815

Cheers guys !

I started making the molds today, expect a big update later on..
Old 31st Jul 2010, 02:53   #19
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cool.
Old 31st Jul 2010, 12:02   #20
lenne0815

Ok, lets start

Cutting styrodur boards ( 60 mm thick )

Gluing them the parts together with double sided tape ( on styrodur it sticks really strong, propably rather the styrodur would break that the tape would come loose )

Cutting the Base boards out of 4mm Multiplex

Giving them a quick sand and some air to get rid of the dust

Sticking the styrodur to the baseplates

Getting a bit of pressure on it

Finished !

ok, lets chuck them on the router

routing routing....

getting the mood right

Thats it for now, ill finish routing them today...

View Mode