bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 7th Jul 2010, 11:32   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Sega: No Alpha Protocol sequel

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...tocol-sequel/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2010, 11:37   #2
barndoor101
Bring back the demote thread!

barndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysis
at least they didnt blame piracy, that seems to be the go-to explanation for poor sales.
barndoor101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2010, 11:37   #3
Skiddywinks
Hypermodder

Skiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Shock.
Skiddywinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2010, 11:39   #4
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
What a shame.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2010, 11:52   #5
Kamikaze-X
Multimodder

Kamikaze-X has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
no idea why poor sales are blamed... surely that the game didn't live up to expectations is to blame. blaming sales is just another way to blame the consumer.
Kamikaze-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2010, 11:55   #6
Material
Soco Amaretto Lime
bit-tech Staff

Material is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
huzzah

bit-tech on Facebook - Custom PC on Facebook - bit-tech on Twitter

Steam ID: votelarry - BFBC2 ID: M4terial - Feel free to add me
Material is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2010, 11:55   #7
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
It's YOUR FAULT Joe. You should have given it an 8.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2010, 12:58   #8
V3ctor
Tech addict...

V3ctor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
It's YOUR FAULT Joe. You should have given it an 8.
LOL... Yes, add that excuse to their repertoire...
Intel Core i7 4770K@4.5Ghz / ASUS Sabertooth Z87 / 2x4Gb Gskill Trident X 2400Mhz / 2x ASUS Matrix Platinum 7970 3Gb / Samsung T260 / 2x Corsair Force GT 240Gb raid0/ Corsair HX-850W/ Silverstone FT02R-Wi
V3ctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2010, 13:13   #9
NuTech
Mod Master

NuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run Crysis
I heard Alpha Protocol is worth playing through just to see how well it branches the story. Anyone back this up?

It's very cheap on Steam atm, might be worth the punt.
Old 7th Jul 2010, 13:23   #10
JagFel
What's a Dremel?

JagFel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Kind of a pity, AP isn't a bad game. Needs a skills/abilities balancing patch rather badly, but it is well worth a play through.
JagFel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2010, 13:29   #11
mrbens
Supermodder

mrbens has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"The game hasn't sold what we've expected, therefore we won't be doing a sequel."

lol give it time, it's only been out a few weeks!!!
My SilverStone TJ07B PC: Haswell i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming mobo | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr 2GB | Seasonic X-Series 750W PSU | Crucial M4 128GB SSD | Crucial M225 128GB SSD | OCZ Solid 3 120GB SSD
Sound: Epiphany Acoustics' E-DAC & O2 Heahphone Amp | Little Dot MK III Tube Headphone Amp | Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 600ohm Headphones (music) | Onkyo HT-S3305B AV Receiver + 5.1 speakers (movies)
mrbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2010, 14:32   #12
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbens
"The game hasn't sold what we've expected, therefore we won't be doing a sequel."

lol give it time, it's only been out a few weeks!!!
Unless your WoW or Football Manager, most of your sales will be in the first two or three weeks. If it hasn't done well by then, you can more or less be sure it won't do any better in the future.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2010, 15:02   #13
WildThing
Hypermodder

WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barndoor101 View Post
at least they didnt blame piracy, that seems to be the go-to explanation for poor sales.
+1 It's a pleasant change from the usual excuses.
Asus P8P67 PRO ¶ Intel i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz ¶ Titan Fenrir ¶ XFX 6950 @ 6970 ¶ 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz ¶ 2x Crucial C300 128GB (OS + Games) ¶ Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB ¶ Auzentech XFI-Prelude + Creative T7700 7.1¶ Enermax Liberty 500W ¶ Corsair 650D case ¶ HP 24" LP2475W ¶ Win7 x64
WildThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2010, 15:04   #14
13eightyfour
Formerly Titanium Angel

13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.
Make great games and the masses will flock to it, When is the gaming industry going to understand this?
13eightyfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2010, 16:09   #15
robots
Banned

robots has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If they wanted good sales, maybe they should have made a good game.
robots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2010, 17:05   #16
Boogle
Supermodder

Boogle can run CrysisBoogle can run CrysisBoogle can run CrysisBoogle can run CrysisBoogle can run CrysisBoogle can run CrysisBoogle can run CrysisBoogle can run CrysisBoogle can run CrysisBoogle can run CrysisBoogle can run Crysis
Ye this game was poor. The ideas were good, but the execution was poor.

They tried to make a more advanced and realistic Splinter Cell, but forgot that a large part of what makes Splinter Cell (first ones, not the latest) good is the fluid movement and clear visible/hidden areas. Abstract, yes. Much more playable, absolutely.
Boogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2010, 17:10   #17
mastorofpuppetz
Banned

mastorofpuppetz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Love how arrogant devs blame reviews, or piracy, maybe look at WHY the reviews were not good, the game was very flawed, geez. Maybe if your game was not poorly executed it would have gotten a better reception. Nothing worse then when a whiney dev cries about piracy or reviews, eh make a better game and u won't have to worry about it.

Also, he is Full of it regarding RPG's needing very high scores to sell, there are quite a few RPG's that got mixed reviews and sold decent enough, Neverwinter Nights 2 despite issues at launch and mixed reviews ended up selling well.

The witcher got mixed reviews as well because of technical issues, and was PC only yet surpassed 2 mill WW from good word of mouth.

Obsidian stop crying and man up to your mistakes.
mastorofpuppetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2010, 17:12   #18
Mr Meltdown
I haz a reflow machine

Mr Meltdown has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm currently playing this on 360. Some of it IS good... but for me it's outweighed by the clumsy controls, the pointless and hard BOSS levels.

Example: Any human opponent who requires 5 grenades + 5 incendiary bombs just to soften them up... followed by 40 shotgun blasts + 100 or so bullets just to get their health down to 1/3rd level... followed by a merciful glitch that meant he was just left standing facing a wall so i could finish him off with martial arts attack for another solid 3 minutes.

Pointless, frustrating (having to try this level 10 times) and utterly stupid for this genre.

All in all an UNFINISHED release.

My 2p
Mr Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2010, 21:15   #19
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barndoor101
They didn't blame piracy, but they also didn't, not blame it.
They just said, poor sales, which could be down to many different reasons, but it's nice not to hear piracy directly blamed.
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2010, 17:53   #20
Tulatin
The Froggy Poster

Tulatin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by barndoor101
It's almost poetic that the first post is what I would have posted.
Tulatin is offline   Reply With Quote