bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 8th Jul 2010, 11:17   #1
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Fun With Lego

Joe shows some of the most amazing LEgo models and toys, and also tells you exactly how to make your own Lego brick USB drive.

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/guid...un-with-lego/1

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2010, 11:29   #2
crazyceo
Banned

crazyceo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You forgot James May's house he built last year!
crazyceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2010, 11:31   #3
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Allow me to compensate by sharing this...

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2010, 11:38   #4
crazyceo
Banned

crazyceo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe

Is that somekind of R2-D2 speak?
crazyceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2010, 11:40   #5
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You might want to replace the lego gun with some far better ones...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=135638
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SyObcc6E04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9KleCswrGk

Some additional videos that are not gun related.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qsWFFuYZYI

Brickshelf.com has lots more nice models.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2010, 11:43   #6
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyceo
Quote:

Is that somekind of R2-D2 speak?
View it in the forums, not the comments thread and ye shall understand.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 8th Jul 2010, 12:06   #7
veato
I should be working

veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
What about the Lego car production line?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ3AcPEPbH0
Old 8th Jul 2010, 12:14   #8
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I still don't get the Escher one... complete headphuq!

Some awesome creations though! Inspired...
mi1ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2010, 12:17   #9
Isitari
Multimodder

Isitari is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIsitari is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIsitari is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIsitari is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIsitari is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIsitari is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIsitari is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIsitari is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIsitari is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIsitari is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIsitari is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Must say guys keep up the excellent articles. Really enjoying these .
Old 8th Jul 2010, 12:49   #10
roblikesbeer
Bindi's sex slave.

roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
LEGO IS AWESOME!
Intel Core i5 3570K Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 OC edition 256Gb Crucial M4 2Tb Seagate ST2000DM001 Win 7 Home Premium 64bit Hiper Osiris case 1440x900 19" Monitor Xbox 360 Elite
roblikesbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2010, 12:51   #11
crushednutts
What's a Dremel?

crushednutts has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What about this Lee Enfield sniper rifle,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H23HDHRVjpA&
crushednutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2010, 13:22   #12
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I should post some pics of my Lego rubber-band guns. I've made a really small one (5 studs high, 8 studs long and 3 bricks tall without the grip) which is properly semi automatic.
Ending Credits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2010, 13:26   #13
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending Credits
I should post some pics of my Lego rubber-band guns. I've made a really small one (5 studs high, 8 studs long and 3 bricks tall without the grip) which is properly semi automatic.
Yes please - a how-to guide would be loads of fun to read. I've got back into Lego in a big way since writing this article!

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 8th Jul 2010, 13:33   #14
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe View Post
Yes please - a how-to guide would be loads of fun to read. I've got back into Lego in a big way since writing this article!
Sure, the basics are very simple although I've only ever really tried one design. A word of warning though: most designs use a Y pronged technic piece which is hard to find and I use a specific piece in the trigger mechanism that I have a few of but as far as I'm aware it only comes with Bionical sets (although I think you find it much more now) which my brother collects. I'll see if I can find any alternatives.

Now if only I could find a decent camera.

Last edited by Ending Credits; 8th Jul 2010 at 16:14.
Ending Credits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2010, 13:41   #15
ellism
Supermodder

ellism has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Is there a missing picture on the first page?
Old 8th Jul 2010, 13:53   #16
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Sadly, most of my lego rubber band guns has been dismantled already.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2010, 13:58   #17
Azmat
Minimodder

Azmat has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
God i love Lego. Makes me want to go out and get a load of bricks. Especially the warhammer Dreadnaught looks mightily awesome
Azmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2010, 15:35   #18
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
they're all GREAT.

but warhammer one... that kicks ass.

*stomp*stomp*

DIE PENCIL SHARPENERS, DIE!!!!
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA 660Ti - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2010, 15:55   #19
Fabou
Supermodder

Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
All the passionned should know this one http://www.flickr.com/photos/nannanz/4707457040/
And one site that upload aa lot of photo of lego fan creation http://www.brothers-brick.com/
I really like your comment mate I wish I could express myself like this too! Thanks buddy!!

Last edited by Fabou; 8th Jul 2010 at 17:41.
Fabou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2010, 16:13   #20
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
f*** my a** some of those are cool