rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Mars II

http://vr-zone.com/articles/asus-pre...-480/9396.html

WTF?!?!??!
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2010, 15:05   #2
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
ASUS continue on their stupid road of making equipment that any sane person would never even consider. I mean CHRIST man, 550W!!!!
Old 16th Jul 2010, 15:11   #3
Penfold101
Multimodder

Penfold101 has yet to learn the way of the DremelPenfold101 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
They msut have sold all of the 1000 Mars they made though to consider this. At the end of the day, it's how technology marches on - innovations must be made and risks taken...
Penfold101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2010, 15:13   #4
13eightyfour
Formerly Titanium Angel

13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph4lanx View Post
ASUS continue on their stupid road of making equipment that any sane person would never even consider. I mean CHRIST man, 550W!!!!
Thats not the point imo, yes its going to eat as much power as it can and you'd have to sell all your internal organs just to buy it.

But they're proving it can be done and thats all that matters.
13eightyfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2010, 15:36   #5
barndoor101
Bring back the demote thread!

barndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysis
its a halo part designed to improve the brand
barndoor101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2010, 16:11   #6
sleepygamer
More Metal Than Thou

sleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysis
And yet I would purchase one. There is a stupid gene hard coded into me that makes me want to buy overpriced, overpowered, silly hardware.

Although I think at this point Asus should consider waterblocking at least some of these. Maybe a special dual GPU block cooler because of the IMMENSE HEAT it will undoubtedly produce.
Lazarus | CPU | Intel C2Q Q9400 @ 2.66Ghz | RAM | 4GB (2x2GB) OCZ Reaper DDR2 666MHz @ 5-6-6-15 | Mobo | ASUS P5B Deluxe | GPU | EVGA GTX460 1GB SC | SSD/Boot | Kingston 64GB SSDNow V | HDD/Storage | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 | PSU | Silverstone Strider 700W | Case | NZXT M59 | Monitor | 20" LG Flatron | Keyboard | Razer Lycosa Mirror | Mouse | Razer Lachesis Wraith Red
I also blog! - It's about hardware and stuff! // Latest review: Sennheiser HD 215 Headphones
I also tweet! - sleepygamester
sleepygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2010, 16:19   #7
Fingers66
Kiwi in London

Fingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Willy waving, pure willy waving.

Why you would want to wave your willy around when it is on fire is a question for a highly paid psychologist...ahhh, I know, douse it in water!

It would have to be water cooled or else you would need a case like this...

Kudos to Demonstealth for the image...
Fingers66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2010, 16:44   #8
roosauce
idiot abroad

roosauce has yet to learn the way of the Dremelroosauce has yet to learn the way of the Dremelroosauce has yet to learn the way of the Dremelroosauce has yet to learn the way of the Dremelroosauce has yet to learn the way of the Dremelroosauce has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I. Want. One. Now.

No ... make that two.
roosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2010, 16:51   #9
sleepygamer
More Metal Than Thou

sleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysis
You buy those, and send me your 5870s. I'm struggling along on the 9800GT still. :P
Lazarus | CPU | Intel C2Q Q9400 @ 2.66Ghz | RAM | 4GB (2x2GB) OCZ Reaper DDR2 666MHz @ 5-6-6-15 | Mobo | ASUS P5B Deluxe | GPU | EVGA GTX460 1GB SC | SSD/Boot | Kingston 64GB SSDNow V | HDD/Storage | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 | PSU | Silverstone Strider 700W | Case | NZXT M59 | Monitor | 20" LG Flatron | Keyboard | Razer Lycosa Mirror | Mouse | Razer Lachesis Wraith Red
I also blog! - It's about hardware and stuff! // Latest review: Sennheiser HD 215 Headphones
I also tweet! - sleepygamester
sleepygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2010, 17:13   #10
paisa666
I WILL END YOU!!!

paisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph4lanx View Post
I think is not a stupid road, ASUS is famous for making hardware its though to be impossible.
and 550W isnt that much considering the monstruosity of a card you're looking here.

Now correct me if im wrong, but if the lenght of that card is 10.5" or 11", then the width of the card is hilariusly big, you will need a modded case to fit this thing maybe
paisa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2010, 19:44   #11
John_T
Supermodder

John_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
'Mars II'?

Come on, it should've been a King-sized Mars surely...
John_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2010, 19:55   #12
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
ASUS = Always stupidly uber stupid?

Its just a great exaple of willy waving and a lack of common sense.

Ninja: WOOOH. Post 8888

Last edited by Mankz; 16th Jul 2010 at 20:01.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2010, 20:56   #13
C-Sniper
Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I think this just might replace my central heating system in my house.
And it would be a worthy upgrade from my 7900GS. Hmm....
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehippoz View Post
hmm you seem to know a lot about guys.. I was wondering- if I put a piece of plywood down my pants, would that be enough to protect me from rear attacks.. like in a circus bathroom or high scale restaurant
C-Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2010, 23:42   #14
memeroot
aged and experianced

memeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
im an idiot with a gx2.... day 1 buy if cheap!
memeroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2010, 01:08   #15
deathtaker27
Backups ... Its a way of life

deathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
i have but one question,

just why?
deathtaker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2010, 01:17   #16
Fingers66
Kiwi in London

Fingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathtaker27 View Post
i have but one question,

just why?
Fingers66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2010, 02:06   #17
DragunovHUN
Go ahead, spell my name wrong.

DragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by paisa666 View Post
Now correct me if im wrong, but if the lenght of that card is 10.5" or 11", then the width of the card is hilariusly big, you will need a modded case to fit this thing maybe
Or just take off your side panel

gog.com - Classic videogames, Windows 7 compatible, no DRM, bundled extras, outstanding service. Check it out, get hooked, spread the word!
DragunovHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2010, 05:27   #18
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
So it's going to be as large as the Voodoo 5?
Old 19th Jul 2010, 18:32   #19
Tom @ CCL
AKA: Yewen

Tom @ CCL has yet to learn the way of the DremelTom @ CCL has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold101 View Post
They msut have sold all of the 1000 Mars they made though to consider this. At the end of the day, it's how technology marches on - innovations must be made and risks taken...
I saw cards as low as 7 and the last card (999) of the production run, they most certainly made them.

Ares is going well also, so why not do a MARS II.

Means Asus can claim to innovate and push the boundaries of each generation and offer something the other brands do not.

Marketing to help their standard parts and improve the brand image, all part of why Asus products normally command a price premium over the Palit brothers... yet are the same design.
Tom @ CCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2010, 20:43   #20
llamafur
WaterCooled fool

llamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremelllamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremelllamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremelllamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremelllamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepygamer View Post
You buy those, and send me your 5870s. I'm struggling along on the 9800GT still. :P
Shut up, I have a 9600 GT
llamafur is offline   Reply With Quote