bit-tech.net

Old 21st Jul 2010, 09:00   #1
TheMusician
Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

TheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the DremelTheMusician has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Best Benchmarks

Obviously the best benchmarks to compare CPUs with are real-world tests, but in terms of those benchmarking utilities (like 3DMark and Passmark and stuff), which do you guys trust the most?

Because I really love Passmark's CPU charts on their website and how you can search through and find scores, prices, and the calculated "value" based upon that. It's the holy grail for any budget builder. But how telling are Passmark scores?
Old 21st Jul 2010, 11:01   #2
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
Not a big benchmarker

I run prime 95 and furmark together when testing overclocks see if anything fails and run memtest a few times

I've ran cpc bench a few times but since it doesn't use the graphics card it's not really the most accurate for total system. And it only uses about 20% CPU usage so it's not even close to pushing it.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2010, 11:56   #3
roosauce
idiot abroad

roosauce has yet to learn the way of the Dremelroosauce has yet to learn the way of the Dremelroosauce has yet to learn the way of the Dremelroosauce has yet to learn the way of the Dremelroosauce has yet to learn the way of the Dremelroosauce has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just have a look at a bit-tech CPU review. These guys know their stuff.

I see Cinebench, WPrime, Gimp Image Editing, Handbrake H.264 Video Encoding, ...
i7 980X @ 4.2GHz | GTX 780 SLI | 2560x1600 Dell 3008WFP | GA-EX58-UD5 | 24GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 2x 128GB Crucial C300 | 1x Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung F3 | 3TB HDD | Synology Diskstation DS211j 2x3TB Raid 1 | Carbonite (cloud backup) | Corsair HX 850W | Lian Li PC-B25FW | Noctua NH-U12P Dual Fan CPU Cooler | Razer naga MMO mouse | Corsair K90 mechanical keyboard
roosauce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3dmark, benchmark, charts, cpu, passmark