bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 21st Jul 2010, 11:33   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
EA, Maxis announce Darkspore

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ce-darkspore/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2010, 11:50   #2
ImInTheZoneBaby
Bring it on sucka!

ImInTheZoneBaby has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Anything Diablo-ish is good in my books.
Y'know, if they do it correctly.
Old 21st Jul 2010, 12:58   #3
maximus09
Forever n00b

maximus09 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
sounds like it could be good
Old 21st Jul 2010, 14:00   #4
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sounds like it could be good.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2010, 14:45   #5
wgy
Supermodder

wgy has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwgy has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwgy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
sounds like it could be "good"
wgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2010, 15:18   #6
C-Sniper
Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Why is Maxis on this? They need to be developing a successor to Sim City 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehippoz View Post
hmm you seem to know a lot about guys.. I was wondering- if I put a piece of plywood down my pants, would that be enough to protect me from rear attacks.. like in a circus bathroom or high scale restaurant
C-Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2010, 15:21   #7
Tokukachi
Multimodder

Tokukachi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sounds a bit like Impossible Creatures, which, IMO, was underrated
Tokukachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2010, 15:50   #8
Abhorsen
Hypermodder

Abhorsen has yet to learn the way of the DremelAbhorsen has yet to learn the way of the DremelAbhorsen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Has potential no doubt about it.
Abhorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2010, 15:57   #9
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInTheZoneBaby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus09 View Post
This is Spore all over again.. "ooh this looks cool" and then they deliver a big steaming pile of sh*t.

I want a new (proper) Sim City.
Old 21st Jul 2010, 16:42   #10
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Sounds like it 'could be' good.
Old 21st Jul 2010, 17:04   #11
sheninat0r
What's a Dremel?

sheninat0r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord7854
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInTheZoneBaby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus09 View Post
This is Spore all over again.. "ooh this looks cool" and then they deliver a big steaming pile of sh*t.

I want a new (proper) Sim City.
I played probably hundreds of hours of SimCity 3000, but I could never get into 4 for some reason. It probably had something to do with the fact that it ran worse than Crysis for some unfathomable reason.
Old 21st Jul 2010, 19:17   #12
cheeriokilla
Multimodder

cheeriokilla has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It sounds good, but the gameplay they showed yesterday at the conference points at a slow paced rpg, probably as dumbed down as spore was in any of it's gameplay aspects (not talking about the editors)
cheeriokilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2010, 19:35   #13
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I liked spore.. I dunno why but flying to the center of the galaxy was very addicting- when you finally got there though xD wth was that
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2010, 21:07   #14
pimonserry
sounds like a party.

pimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat69 View Post
Sounds a bit like Impossible Creatures, which, IMO, was underrated
The Creature Creator in that was amazing! Ahh, back in the day..

+REP ME FOR BEING WONDERFUL
pimonserry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 05:58   #15
LordPyrinc
Legomaniac

LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Spore was fun for the first few weeks. Haven't really played it since.

Intel i7-920 @ 2.66GHz - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz - Windows7 64bit
2 x 150GB WD VelociRaptor HDs (RAID 0) - 1TB WD 7200 rpm HD - 60GB OCZ SSD - 1TB WD External USB HD
2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti 2GB Superclocked (Dual SLI) - Razer BlackWidow Ultimate KB
Cooler Master HAF 922 - Thermaltake Smart M 850W - 27" Samsung S27B550 LED Display
LordPyrinc is offline   Reply With Quote