bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 23rd Jul 2010, 18:43   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Starcraft 2 is here

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2010/07...aft-2-is-here/

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 18:49   #2
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
episodic Starcraft 2?

blaming Activision's greed.
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 18:53   #3
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyanxu
episodic Starcraft 2?

Well, it's easy to do, but I think it could just as easily be put down to Blizzard's ambition - see the FAQ here: http://eu.starcraft2.com/faq.xml#trilogy

They see the game as being much bigger than just a one off. From what Joe's told me (he's played it, I haven't) there's going to be more than enough content in SC2: Wings of Liberty to justify its full price.

Photos on Flickr.
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 18:53   #4
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
can't wait.. I wonder if there will be a roid rage build like the orc tower rush on wc3
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 18:55   #5
Skiddywinks
Hypermodder

Skiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
CAN'T ****ING WAIT.

*ahem* Sorry. SC takes me back to the good old days.
Skiddywinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 19:08   #6
g3n3tiX
resident frenchy

g3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremelg3n3tiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'd like clear information on region locking.
If I buy it in Europe, will I be able to play while in the US ? (provided I get the appropriate client software) ?
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 19:11   #7
Stuey
You will be defenestrated!

Stuey has yet to learn the way of the DremelStuey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The game comes out the week of my wedding anniversary. I've got it preordered. What a conflict of interest!

Also, SCII is currently the top selling video game over on Amazon. yeehaw

Also, are they ignoring the Brood War timeline??

Last edited by Stuey; 23rd Jul 2010 at 19:16.
Stuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 19:17   #8
pimonserry
sounds like a party.

pimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Trailer doesn't make it look like much of an RTS O.o

+REP ME FOR BEING WONDERFUL
pimonserry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 19:24   #9
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Stagnated? What about Sins of a Solar Empire, Dawn of War II and Total War?

Though I would love to see more like CoH, by far it's my favourite RTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 19:32   #10
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles

Don't forget about Men of War, in terms of RTS, the best ever!
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 19:34   #11
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles

Well, it's just my opinion - Harry would certainly beg to differ. But I wasn't a fan of DoW2 and Total War isn't really an RTS - it's much more a full on strategy game in my book.

Photos on Flickr.
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 20:27   #12
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
I missed SC back in the day and i despise warcraft so im very "meh" regarding SC2's release, hell with the hype surrounding them as a dev i see them as the apple of pc gaming.

that trailer however, ive always liked blizzards cgi.

i might pick up sc2 to see what to fuss is about after the world settles down.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 20:29   #13
Hovis
Supermodder

Hovis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was pretty nonplussed by the game in beta, but that was in much the same way as a person who doesn't like football would be unimpressed by a really good FIFA game.

It's more of the same Starcraft but immaculately well presented. But it is still only Starcraft. I never got into playing it competitively, likely never will, which leaves me with the single player. Now I've not played that in SC2 beyond skirmish modes, but frankly given the limitations of the game and environment as a single player game it doesn't strike me as having too much to offer. I like things like cover systems, terrain, intuitive strategies and immersion, those can't be added to Starcraft without ruining the purity of the gameplay, so I suspect that Starcraft 2 and I may simply have to agree to disagree.
Hovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 20:32   #14
dire_wolf
Last Of The Dovakhiin

dire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for president
Play.com posted my collector's edition this afternoon, can't wait till tuesday!
dire_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 21:25   #15
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
My collector's edition is in the mail.. am excited.
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 21:40   #16
Lemure
What's a Dremel?

Lemure has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyanxu
episodic Starcraft 2?

SC2 has more content than SC and BW combined. Also Blizzard has always made expansions for their games, this time they are just making one extra. It's not like they are making DLC or some crap like that.
Lemure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 23:25   #17
okenobi
Ultramodder

okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
The episodic nature of this game, is the least of my problems with Blizzard. They'll pull it off. The single player in the orignal and Brood War expansion was awesome and the cinematics for a 12 yr old game are amazing.

I can't play it because my PC won't cope, otherwise I would've pre-ordered. I still play the original and I love it!
okenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2010, 00:08   #18
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
ive got it pre ordered its just gonna be game of the year nuff said really

be biggest selling game either way
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2010, 00:39   #19
Omnituens
Hypermodder

Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
the fact they split it up into 3 games is the reason I am skipping this one... im not paying 30 odd quid for 1/3 of a game.
Old 24th Jul 2010, 02:07   #20
Star*Dagger
Pan-Galactic Revolutionary

Star*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for president
I wonder if they will reach the high water mark set by Supreme Commander (1).

As far as the crying about episodic, that is the way PC Gaming is moving, MMOs and Episodes. Enjoy it or check out how much it costs to invest in another hobby (hint: they are all much more expensive than PC Gaming).

S*D
Star*Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote