bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 27th Jul 2010, 12:00   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine coming to PC

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...coming-to-pc/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2010, 12:05   #2
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Oh good. Now I have a reason to upgrade again >.>
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2010, 12:12   #3
Jezcentral
Multimodder

Jezcentral has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It would be nice to hear what they think will differentiate this game from GoW, but the WH40K space marine will be another muscle-bound, militaristic jar-head which you won't sympathise with. Sounds like GoW to me.
Jezcentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2010, 12:19   #4
SlowMotionSuicide
Come Hell or High Water

SlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for president
I'm fine with GoW derivative, as long as it doesn't feature the horribly inaccurate and underpowered weapons and clumsy, sluggish controls
Old 27th Jul 2010, 12:20   #5
mjb501
Minimodder

mjb501 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjb501 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice 1 Relic!
mjb501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2010, 12:27   #6
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is automatically going to be better than Gears of War - GoW doesn't have the musclebound Space Marines trotting around in brightly coloured armour fighting everything from traitors (Chaos) to psychotic dancers (Eldar) to miniature Incredible Hulks (Orks) and the "genetically engineered killing machines" (Tyranids)...
Old 27th Jul 2010, 13:29   #7
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Kudos to Relic. Look forward to all the 40K games they do. Bit of a dull story line tho, Orks over-running the planet with the forces of Chaos behind it....Wasn't that the same storyline as every other 40K game?
Old 27th Jul 2010, 13:36   #8
Yoy0YO
Lurky Lurker

Yoy0YO has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love the Warhammer 40k table top game, amazing stuff. The RTS game made it much more accessible to making your own army, this 3rd person shooter might ruin it a bit because I don't really like the dialogue that spouts out of the so-religious space marines.
Hopefully it'll require team-work tactics or something along the lines of that.
Old 27th Jul 2010, 13:57   #9
Blarte
Moderate Modder

Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
It will be nice to see how Relic animate the movement in the over bulky armor, I suppose taking the prone position for a firing solution will be out the question.
Ive bought every other DOW title I cant see me skipping this one ...
Old 27th Jul 2010, 14:10   #10
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Gotta love Relic!
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2010, 14:14   #11
Sheiken
Wat?

Sheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Must.Have.
Old 27th Jul 2010, 14:15   #12
Mentai
Hypermodder

Mentai has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This could be pretty cool, but I REALLY wish they would do single player from the perspective of someone other than Space Marines for once. Needs more Tau.
Mentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2010, 14:21   #13
Stewb
Hypermodder

Stewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Mentai> Excactly, I'm still waiting for a new Fire Warrior, space marines are just a bit boring
Stewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2010, 15:08   #14
Shaftydude
Multimodder

Shaftydude can run CrysisShaftydude can run CrysisShaftydude can run CrysisShaftydude can run CrysisShaftydude can run CrysisShaftydude can run CrysisShaftydude can run CrysisShaftydude can run Crysis
They did 2 player coop for their DOW2 campaign and 3 players for Last stand so logically this will have 4 player coop! and if it does then its going to do very well.
Shaftydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2010, 15:28   #15
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
im waiting for the 40K MMO....

...and once i got my fangs in that flesh, im not sure i have time to play this one... unfortunately. nor have the interest to pay $50 to play an "offline mode" of the MMO...

but we'll see.
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - Zotac GTX 970 - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2010, 17:14   #16
Material
Soco Amaretto Lime
bit-tech Staff

Material is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeaver View Post
im waiting for the 40K MMO....

...and once i got my fangs in that flesh, im not sure i have time to play this one... unfortunately. nor have the interest to pay $50 to play an "offline mode" of the MMO...

but we'll see.
I don't think the 40k MMO is due to be with us till 2013 so you should have plenty of time to play this first.

That's pretty much what I plan to do.
Material is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2010, 17:21   #17
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarte View Post
It will be nice to see how Relic animate the movement in the over bulky armor, I suppose taking the prone position for a firing solution will be out the question.
Ive bought every other DOW title I cant see me skipping this one ...
Prone positions are completely doable in the armour. Look at the models that Games Workshop sell and it shows people in kneeling or even prone position. If the models do it, you can bet your ass it's possible in the armour, as the modelling community for Games Workshop are one of the most inspired people I've ever met (when I used to collect, that is).
Old 27th Jul 2010, 18:05   #18
Meanmotion
bleh

Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.Meanmotion is definitely a rep cheat.
Er, pretty much fantastically, awesomely, amazingly, wickedly grrrrreat!
Meanmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2010, 18:50   #19
Aracos
Elite

Aracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run Crysis
Quote:
The loyal PC audience is incredibly important to us here at Relic
Wait a minute are you telling me there are companies out there that think of PC gamers as something other than all out pirates? Enough to say LOYAL?! Makes a huge difference from the usual "You don't get our games because you pirate" news articles I've come to expect
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | openSUSE
Aracos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2010, 18:54   #20
Hovis
Supermodder

Hovis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I agree about wanting a different perspective, but to be honest I can't see how it would work in an FPS. Nearly all of the other races in Warhammer rely on numbers of weak troops, and past that the idea of mowing down hordes of Space Marines just doesn't feel right. Only Marines have that ready made one man army game play mechanic set up for them without compromising the source material. Also playing any race that doesn't carry a bolter is sacrilege. It's all about the bolters.
Hovis is offline   Reply With Quote