bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Tech Support

Old 29th Jul 2010, 03:03   #1
Nicho133
Multimodder

Nicho133 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ATi Theater Mode in Windows 7

Hey, can anyone get ATi Theater Mode to work in Windows 7? This has always worked for me in XP. I am in Extended Desktop Mode and Theater Mode is set to full screen, but when I open a video it will just display the video on the Primary Display and it won't show the same video in the Secondary Display, it just shows the Extended Desktop. I have tried several media players but I have had no luck. This has always worked in Windows XP.
I have been following every driver update since 9.12, and now I have the 10.7 drivers installed.

Thanks for anyones help.
Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR - Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.80GHz - OCZ 700W StealthXStream 2 PSU - 2x G.Skill 4 GB DDR3 (PC12800) - Gigabyte ATi Radeon HD 5770 - OCZ Agility 3 240 GB (Win 8.1 x64) - Western Digital WD1500HLFS - Western Digital WD5000AADS - Western Digital WD20EARX - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio - LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH12LS38
Nicho133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2010, 18:51   #2
riekmaharg2
has finished Blue Horizon

riekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is ment for vista but it will probably work just the same: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=30831

Silent Fiberglass PC

Completed * Blue Horizon * - 2012
riekmaharg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2010, 02:16   #3
Nicho133
Multimodder

Nicho133 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks for the help riekmaharg2, I had a look at that guide and there was alot of steps involved, so instead I just tried setting VLC player to Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode and now Theater Mode works. I should have tried that to begin with lol.
Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR - Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.80GHz - OCZ 700W StealthXStream 2 PSU - 2x G.Skill 4 GB DDR3 (PC12800) - Gigabyte ATi Radeon HD 5770 - OCZ Agility 3 240 GB (Win 8.1 x64) - Western Digital WD1500HLFS - Western Digital WD5000AADS - Western Digital WD20EARX - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio - LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH12LS38
Nicho133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2010, 10:21   #4
riekmaharg2
has finished Blue Horizon

riekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Thanks for the help riekmaharg2, I had a look at that guide and there was alot of steps involved, so instead I just tried setting VLC player to Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode and now Theater Mode works. I should have tried that to begin with lol.

Lol, yeah its annoying when you spend ages trying to solve a problem, and the solution was in fact incredibley simple.

Silent Fiberglass PC

Completed * Blue Horizon * - 2012
riekmaharg2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ati, theater mode