bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 4th Aug 2010, 08:58   #1
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
NZXT Phantom Case Review

NZXT has gone back to the drawing board and taken on board advice from one of bit-tech's own modders

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cas...-case-review/1
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2010, 09:04   #2
proxess
Hypermodder

proxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for president
Other than the retro speaker grills, I find this case quite good looking.
Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448
proxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2010, 09:22   #3
Blarte
Moderate Modder

Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
this is where the cases live get you one.. paint it all pretty colours to boot ....
I think I like this design.
Old 4th Aug 2010, 09:25   #4
memeroot
aged and experianced

memeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
a decent case from NZXT ... tomorrow flying pigs?

regarding the scores - I cant wait to see whats next up as that was one of the most positive case reviews yet
memeroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2010, 09:29   #5
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I hate gamer cases overall, but i sort of like this white version. The only thing i dislike is that thing on bottom of front panel, it would be even better without that thing .
Old 4th Aug 2010, 09:34   #6
r3loaded
Ultramodder

r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.
I like how they've given it an angular design without hitting it with the ugly stick as Antec have been doing for the past couple of years..
Main: Silverstone FT03 | Asus P8P67-M Pro | i5 2500K @ 4.6Ghz | CM 212+ | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon 7970 DD | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo | CM Silent Pro Gold 600W | Samsung XL2270HD | KBT Race (brown switches) | Sidewinder X8 | Arch Linux + Windows 8.1
Server: Asus M3N78-AM | Athlon II X3 400e | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | 4x 2TB Samsung F4EG (RAID-5) | LSI MegaRAID 8708EM2 | Corsair CX400 | Arch Linux
r3loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2010, 09:36   #7
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Love it. Mega props to Craig and NZXT for nailing it with the Phantom

Hmm, might do my budget "I miss modding" build in this...
Old 4th Aug 2010, 09:37   #8
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have always loved NZXT design, I am a fan of most of their cases, this one is no exception. It does remind me a lot of their older cases (mostly the Nemesis Elite). Looks like this case has a lot of potential.
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2010, 09:50   #9
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
Love it. Mega props to Craig and NZXT for nailing it with the Phantom
Yep, I think a lot of other manufacturers out there could benefit from talking to modders and enthusiasts in general. Kudos to NZXT for making the effort.
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2010, 09:56   #10
Senilex
Not a Troll. Honest.

Senilex has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Inconsistent reviewing from BitTech. Amateurs.
Senilex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2010, 10:01   #11
Ross1
Multimodder

Ross1 can run CrysisRoss1 can run CrysisRoss1 can run CrysisRoss1 can run CrysisRoss1 can run CrysisRoss1 can run CrysisRoss1 can run CrysisRoss1 can run CrysisRoss1 can run CrysisRoss1 can run Crysis
So we have had 3 recent big tower cases reviewed, and your conclusion is still 'to wait for the next one?'

Seriously, what is this case you have lined up? fractal R3? a long awaited update for the TJ07 from silverstone? what?
Ross1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2010, 10:07   #12
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senilex
FAIL. Constructive criticism is usually warmly welcomed by the reviewers, but this is just BS. Three comments and all you've done is bash the reviews without any further explanations? Seriously please just hit yourself in the face.

And back to the topic: it's a nice looking case, and the idea behind it (manufacturer + modder) is something I've really been looking forward to! So many annoying glitches could be avoided if manufacturers actually listened to the community.

Last edited by Jipa; 4th Aug 2010 at 10:24.
Jipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2010, 10:16   #13
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
We're happy to listen to feedback, but seriously, you need to be more constructive.

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2010, 10:19   #14
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
Quote:
Umm, on what planet do you live?

All cases are tested in exactly the same way, with the same temperature sensors, same software, same components, same room and are all compared each other.
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2010, 10:25   #15
Tanacel
Minimodder

Tanacel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Inconsistent forum post by Senilex. Muppet

The question is, is it finally time to replace my grand old Antec p180? This review would suggest a yes. Haven't been able to find a photo of the black one though - do you chaps have any preview images?
Tanacel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2010, 10:31   #16
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanacel View Post
Inconsistent forum post by Senilex. Muppet

The question is, is it finally time to replace my grand old Antec p180? This review would suggest a yes. Haven't been able to find a photo of the black one though - do you chaps have any preview images?
CLICKY Gallery has images of the red and black versions
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2010, 10:40   #17
Bumfluff101
Supermodder

Bumfluff101 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bumfluff101 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bumfluff101 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bumfluff101 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bumfluff101 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bumfluff101 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bumfluff101 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bumfluff101 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bumfluff101 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bumfluff101 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bumfluff101 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Really like the look of this, best one yet (compared to the HAF / Antec) - looking forward to seeing whats next
Bumfluff101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2010, 10:40   #18
Hustler
Supermodder

Hustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for president
Like the amount of space and cable management.....should be future proof for years, as regards gfx card lengths....

But the colour.....hmm, it looks like it's come straight off the set of the new Star Trek Enterprise bridge..

Last edited by Hustler; 4th Aug 2010 at 11:47.
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2010, 10:44   #19
mkb
Supermodder

mkb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks very impressive and great cooling too. With some extra fans in there it could be a beast. Making my R2 look a little less impressive.
i5 2500k | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | MSI GTX 680 2GB | Corsair HX 650W | 120GB Vertex 3 | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 | Fractal Design R2 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced | Dell SP2309W | Sound Blaster Arena Surround Headset
mkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2010, 10:55   #20
Kenny_McCormick
Supermodder

Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I like it!

But I miss a photo of the MB side to appreciate the free space for cable routing.