bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th Aug 2010, 23:41   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
THQ announces Dawn of War 2: Retribution

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...-retribution/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2010, 23:45   #2
Skill3d
Multimodder

Skill3d has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
erm... weren't orcs already playable in DOW2? Or do they hint on the single player missions? Eager to await further new on this.
Skill3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2010, 02:22   #3
Hovis
Supermodder

Hovis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
MINOR SPOILERS BELOW FROM DOW2

If I was to hazard a guess, based on the ending to the last game, I -think- they might be going back to the more orthodox large army command for the next game. It's just a guess, but the last game ended with your commander character promoted to lead his own company and assorted armies poised to enter the battle for the system once again on a grander scale. I was half expecting a sort of open map based kind of approach as they adopted for the later iterations of the older Dawn of War. Not sure if Orks would work as well as Space Marines for a campaign along the lines of the original Dawn of War 2 because while I can imagine a small unit of Space Marines with veteran squad leaders battling huge odds and so on, I imagine orks having a much higher attrition rate, plus they tend to mob things.

Still, colour me intrigued.
Hovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2010, 10:42   #4
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
ORkz Orkz orkZ ORkz! Good to hear mind you, I still haven't played Chaos Rising, but it's waiting on Steam for me....
Old 18th Aug 2010, 13:46   #5
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
man i cant wait for the MMO....... just copy all the leveling, squads, and RPG stuff from DoW and put it on an MMO, and ill be happy.
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - Zotac GTX 970 - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2010, 15:26   #6
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
As hinted by Sotu, I will point out that it's "Orcs" for Warhammer and "Orks" for 40K. Yes, I am that pointless.

Looking forward to this. Love 40K and THQ have done a good job with the DoW franchise.

I reckon it will either be Imperial Guard or Inquisition judging from the video that was released. Pay attention to the "i" in Retribution, it uses the Inquisitorial symbol.

I'm still waiting for Chaos Rising to be a reasonable price on Steam, the sales haven't given any good discounts on it yet.
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote