bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th Aug 2010, 23:51   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
EA announces Crysis 2 release date

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...release-date/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2010, 00:45   #2
kingred
Surfacing sucks!

kingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
First comment.

Also, F*** Yes.
kingred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2010, 00:57   #3
Toploaded
Supermodder

Toploaded has yet to learn the way of the DremelToploaded has yet to learn the way of the DremelToploaded has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Another game set in New York eh?
Toploaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2010, 00:59   #4
cgthomas
Cpt. Handsome

cgthomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Not sure whether the EVGA dual CPU mobo - featured earlier - can play Crysis 2?
Old 18th Aug 2010, 02:16   #5
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
How about a game set in Detroit? You wouldn't have to use the excuse of aliens to show it totally destroyed.

Seriously though, there are a lot more cities out there than New York and Tokyo. If you're going to do New York, then at least do like Stalker did and make areas of it photo-realistic to actual locations
Old 18th Aug 2010, 06:04   #6
south side sammy
Modder

south side sammy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthippo
How about a game set in Detroit? You wouldn't have to use the excuse of aliens to show it totally destroyed.

SHHHHH! Illegal "aliens" might be the only way to get rid of Mayor Bloomburg. He thinks he belongs there forever. EGOMANIAC.............

Seriously though, there are a lot more cities out there than New York and Tokyo. If you're going to do New York, then at least do like Stalker did and make areas of it photo-realistic to actual locations
south side sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2010, 06:05   #7
south side sammy
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by south side sammy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthippo
SHHHHH! Illegal "aliens" might be the only way to get rid of Mayor Bloomburg. He thinks he belongs there forever. EGOMANIAC.............
Old 18th Aug 2010, 07:32   #8
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I'm sick to death of New York.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2010, 08:00   #9
m0ngy
Banned

m0ngy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Crysis never lived up to the hype. It still lags new PC's even though the graphics are badly dated, it's poorly coded.
m0ngy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2010, 08:14   #10
south side sammy
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ngy View Post
Crysis never lived up to the hype. It still lags new PC's even though the graphics are badly dated, it's poorly coded.
A 3-3.4 dual core or quad core 8gig of ram ( 4 for u poor foke ) a 5850 or gtx260/275 w/1796 memory and you can play maxed out at 1680x1050 - 1920x1200 w/8x AA. ( the 5850 is better ) This would be DX9 or DX10. I Get really tired of it being "poorly coded". If you want to play you gotta pay.
Old 18th Aug 2010, 09:38   #11
m0ngy
Banned

On my PC (920@3.2/P6Tdeluxe/6Gb/5870) I get better FPS out of Bad Company 2 on max, 8x AA, in DX11, than I do with Crysis in DX9. BC2 is a new game and it looks absolutely stunning, while Crysis is several years old and looks like a pos. The reason is the coding is bloated and largely redundent.
Old 18th Aug 2010, 09:43   #12
_Metal_Guitar_
Multimodder

_Metal_Guitar_ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ngy
Wrong on all counts. It's brilliantly coded. (See how easy it is to stay stuff you know nothing about) The graphics surpass 99% of games released now because they all run on some for of U3, or they're a COD game. I can go from any game from this year and then back on Crysis, and the way it looks still impresses me.

Q9550 @3.4ghz
6 GB RAM
GTX275

Not exactly a beast by today's gaming PC standard.
_Metal_Guitar_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2010, 09:48   #13
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The multi play is basically non existent.
MOBO[ Asus Maximus Formula VI ]CPU[I7 4770K]RAM[Corsair Vengeance PRO Red 2133mhz]SSD's[1TB Samsung EVO, 256GB Samsung, 128GB Mushkin, 128 GT Corsair]GPU[Gainward GTX770 Sli]PSU[Corsair AX1200i Red Cables]SOUND[Creative soundblaster ZX E22 backplate]CASE[Corsair 540] Cooler[Corsair H100i]Screen[Dell U2913WM} Perp[Corsair K70, Logitech GS500S,Belkin razer N52TE,QPAD QH90]
Kovoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2010, 10:39   #14
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toploaded
Another game set in New York eh?
I'm happy for this to be in New York. I like the idea of the game being set in an Urban Landscape actually, and Crysis is a great game to showcase the city too. Just hope this doesn't go from Predator Jungle Awesome to Predator 2 New York Crap.....
Old 18th Aug 2010, 11:38   #15
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
when can i preorder it?

can't wait.

hope it's not consolified to death......
Old 18th Aug 2010, 12:08   #16
xaser04
Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
On my PC (920@3.2/P6Tdeluxe/6Gb/5870) I get better FPS out of Bad Company 2 on max, 8x AA, in DX11, than I do with Crysis in DX9. BC2 is a new game and it looks absolutely stunning, while Crysis is several years old and looks like a pos. The reason is the coding is bloated and largely redundent.
Crysis and 'looks like a POS' in the same sentance.....

I don't think there is a level of wrong that you could possibly be on.

Poorly optimized (coded is the wrong term); possibly, but looks like a POS? Just no.
xaser04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2010, 12:35   #17
amacieli
Multimodder

amacieli has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This was one of the few games I returned because it was so bloody awful. I am dreading the release date, and the endless memes about whether or not such and such can play the flippin' game. I want Crysis to just disappear. $10,000 bounty to someone who can build a Firefox plugin to automatically remove any sentence from the browser that contains the word "Crysis"!
amacieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2010, 13:00   #18
beef1e
What's a Dremel?

beef1e has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah but can it play Crysis 2
beef1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2010, 13:55   #19
Evildead666
Supermodder

Evildead666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Metal_Guitar_
Quote:
Wrong on all counts. It's brilliantly coded. (See how easy it is to stay stuff you know nothing about) The graphics surpass 99% of games released now because they all run on some for of U3, or they're a COD game. I can go from any game from this year and then back on Crysis, and the way it looks still impresses me.

Q9550 @3.4ghz
6 GB RAM
GTX275

Not exactly a beast by today's gaming PC standard.
No, it was badly coded and optimized. From the start.
I managed to get it running very well on a 8800GTS-640 after spending hours going through the settings files and seeing which ones made the FPS tank.
I managed to play with some super graphics, but it doesn't mean the game was well done.

If I had left it to the game to just give me the graphical options, I would have been playing on a pretty low setting.

Even High end machines today have problems running it, compared to much better games today.

Crysis was a resource hog, and badly optimized/coded.
No other game had the same bloat problems.

Q9450@3.4GHz
4Gb.

That is why I never got Warhead, and won't think about getting Crysis 2 until plenty of proper reviews are out.
Old 18th Aug 2010, 14:45   #20
m0ngy
Banned

[QUOTE=_Metal_Guitar_;2396659]Wrong on all counts. It's brilliantly coded. (See how easy it is to stay stuff you know nothing about) The graphics surpass 99% of games released now because they all run on some for of U3, or they're a COD game. I can go from any game from this year and then back on Crysis, and the way it looks still impresses me.QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaser04 View Post
Crysis and 'looks like a POS' in the same sentance..... Poorly optimized (coded is the wrong term); possibly, but looks like a POS? Just no.
If Crysis was so well 'optimized', why did no decent games ever use the engine? No one I know ever played Crysis in the first place, they were all hooked on BF2, which ran pretty well on everyones stock-standard P4 3Ghz/X800 machines. I can't believe you guys think it looks good. It looks terrible, Warhead was even worse! If you're going for photorealism there's no comparison to new FPS games like BC2. Have you witnessed the subtle play of light over the gun models in BC2, it's simply mesmerising. It's like camparing Radiohead to Coldplay; one is arguably the greatest band in the world, the other is radio-friendly garbage for 40 somethings.