bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 19th Aug 2010, 10:59   #1
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Adobe to release emergency patch today

Adobe's Reader has suffered another set of vulnerabilities - but an emergency patch is due.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...-patch-today/1

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2010, 11:26   #2
Ross1
Multimodder

Ross1 can run CrysisRoss1 can run CrysisRoss1 can run CrysisRoss1 can run CrysisRoss1 can run CrysisRoss1 can run CrysisRoss1 can run CrysisRoss1 can run CrysisRoss1 can run CrysisRoss1 can run Crysis
I just use sumatra PDF. I generally have a dislike of PDFs as well.
Ross1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2010, 12:38   #3
Cleggmeister
Of reasonable knowledge...

Cleggmeister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Cleggmeister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Cleggmeister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Cleggmeister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Cleggmeister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Cleggmeister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Cleggmeister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Cleggmeister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Cleggmeister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Cleggmeister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Cleggmeister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Just checked for updates, none available as yet...
Serving: HP Proliant Microserver N40L running Openmediavault.
Cleggmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2010, 12:59   #4
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
No software is perfect, generally the more popular it is the more errors will be found. I've no doubt Adobe's suits are any worse than any other mainstream software package.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2010, 13:07   #5
tad2008
Supermodder

tad2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have been using Foxit PDF Reader since it first became available and find it much more responsive than the bloated Adobe version.
tad2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2010, 15:49   #6
Slavedriver
Minimodder

Slavedriver has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauul
No software is perfect, generally the more popular it is the more errors will be found. I've no doubt Adobe's suits are any worse than any other mainstream software package.
You are so very wrong. If you have ever tried to work with Adobe's output PostScript that they shove to the poor print drivers you would be amazed how the company which invented the language can completely ignore every good coding practice they themselves have outlined.

That apart form Reader being a bloated bug-ridden rootkit of course.
Slavedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2010, 15:50   #7
crazyceo
Banned

crazyceo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Security due to online involvement is hot topic news today what with Intel buying McAfee for £5billion. They all need to keep on their toes to be sure their clients stay with them.
crazyceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2010, 17:45   #8
Faulk_Wulf
Internet Addict

Faulk_Wulf has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No offense, but if a simple patch is enough to break your security / admin software, maybe... just maybe, you should be running a better security / admin software package? This isn't like trying to make a Mac play nice on an otherwise all Windows network or something. I mean it's not like you don't know that things will update, and not all software developers release patches in cycles, some just release as needed.

I mean I've obviously never been an admin but it just seems silly to me.
Faulk_Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote