1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News APB to continue in Europe and US

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Aug 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

lol Joe, read your stuff back before posting!!

3. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Pity this had alot of potential in my eyes, although a few patches away until i would buy it really.

4. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

People complained that between beta and the first months of launch no new content had been added to the already pretty small amount of content in the game. So patch 1.4.1 adds new hats.

Yay.

I've played a bit of the new build on the test server and it's definitely a big improvement, though not because of the hats. New gunnery system which includes recoil, new weapon sounds, new driving system, all good as far as I can tell. Makes me wonder though, as somebody who has played subscription based games online for about a decade or so (not all of them MMORPGs, but mostly) it seems to be the case that they always make a massive improvement after the first month or two of launch. It's like they come out, then the first waves of patches hit, and suddenly the games are much better, and I can't think of any exception to this rule. Which makes me wonder if every game is launched on the cusp of a Eureka moment in its development, or if the players of the live version provide much more useful data than those of beta, or if every game should just be delayed, arbitrarily, by a month.

5. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Typo in the first line.

Well that's a bit of a relief, except that the last PTW patch was in July so i don't know what they're on about. PTW is actually outdated compared to retail at the moment AFAIK.

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Damned laptop keyboard. Fixed!

7. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

It's on the new version. If you've got a retail account you can update and play it even if your game time is up.

8. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Last update announcement on the PTW forums is for 1.2.1(39). Granted with RTW's excellent communication regarding the PTW (for the most part we didn't even know what the hell we were supposed to test) the game itself could be up to version 9000. I haven't been on there in a while.

I stopped playing around the time they started letting retail people in the PTW.

Last edited: 19 Aug 2010
  9. borandi

borandi What's a Dremel?

Surely the use of £ and GBP is a tautologous tautology.

Tags: Add Tags