bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 20th Aug 2010, 22:05   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The Best Thing at GamesCom 2010

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2010/08...gamescom-2010/

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2010, 22:20   #2
pimonserry
sounds like a party.

pimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I never really heard much about the original. What are they like? Something like Dragon Age, Oblivion, or more like Tomb Raider?

Pictures look decent anyway

+REP ME FOR BEING WONDERFUL
pimonserry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2010, 22:23   #3
WildThing
Hypermodder

WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Sweet! Really want this to be good, just have to wait and see.

P.S. Mmmmm, tits
Asus P8P67 PRO Intel i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz Titan Fenrir XFX 6950 @ 6970 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 2x Crucial C300 128GB (OS + Games) Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Auzentech XFI-Prelude + Creative T7700 7.1 Enermax Liberty 500W Corsair 650D case HP 24" LP2475W Win7 x64
WildThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2010, 22:31   #4
ramliz
What's a Dremel?

ramliz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The witcher 1 is amazing made me love rpg's. A must buy for me eagerly waiting for this one.
ramliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2010, 22:34   #5
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimonserry
I never really heard much about the original. What are they like? Something like Dragon Age, Oblivion, or more like Tomb Raider?

More Dragon Agey, out of those three choice. Really stands on its own though, IMHO. Difficult game to love, but ultimately worth it in many ways.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 20th Aug 2010, 22:36   #6
erratum1
Banned

erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.
She has huge jugs.
erratum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2010, 22:55   #7
fingerbob69
Hypermodder

fingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
As the caption says...

Click to enlarge.

OMG I'm a geek!
Antec 902, Asus P6T se, i7-920 D0 oc@3.6ghz, Asaka Nero S, 6gb Corsair, Thermaltake 750w Evo Blue, XFX 4890 + Artic Twin Turbo Pro, Asus Xonar DS, BFG Ageia PhysX, 2x 500gb Seagate HDD, Win7 hp, NEC ea231wmi, MS X4, Cordless Mouseman optical(deceased)..now a Roccat Kova+
fingerbob69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2010, 23:10   #8
chrisc1277
Supermodder

chrisc1277 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youchrisc1277 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youchrisc1277 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youchrisc1277 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youchrisc1277 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youchrisc1277 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youchrisc1277 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youchrisc1277 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youchrisc1277 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youchrisc1277 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youchrisc1277 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
i agree with the above, those jugs are huge... what did the article say???
chrisc1277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2010, 23:21   #9
TWeaK
Supermodder

TWeaK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerbob69
As the caption says...

Click to enlarge.

OMG I'm a geek!
And here I was thinking 'I wish there was something witty written in the caption'!

+rep for you my friend
TWeaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2010, 00:16   #10
Hovis
Supermodder

Hovis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If I get started now I might just finish The Witcher before the new one comes out.
Hovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2010, 01:38   #11
Lockinvar
Minimodder

Lockinvar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I tried to get into the original and couldn't - largely I think because the animation was terrible. It's superficial I know, but the jolting character movements and combat really destroyed the submersion for me.
Lockinvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2010, 05:27   #12
m0ngy
Banned

m0ngy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Is The Witcher v1 worth playing now? It's 3 years old, and I've already completed Dragon Age + Awakenings. Has it dated a lot?
m0ngy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2010, 09:50   #13
triprunner
Minimodder

triprunner has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
witcher imo kicks DAO's ass especially in the "maturity" aspect of both games. witcher touches upon racism, rape, abuse, sadism, violence... plus it has a very dark and often violent humor.
DAO's "mature" content is mostly fountains of blood and gore, average fantasy plot but nothing special and apart from morrigan's character (which could easily might've been plucked straight out of Witcher's universe) it didnt shine for me like Witcher did 3 years ago.
triprunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2010, 10:02   #14
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

That's a good way to express it actually; if Morrigan was one of your favourite characters from Dragon Age: Origins then it's likely you'd like The Witcher. You have to patch the game up though, to get the new adventures and translations.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 21st Aug 2010, 11:10   #15
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
great game the first one difficult choices to make the whole way through each impacting upon a later storyline
Old 21st Aug 2010, 14:48   #16
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
None of this means that the game itself will definitely turn out brilliantly though. I've learned to stay away from making such productions since last year,
I predict that this should have been 'predictions'?

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2010, 14:56   #17
Hovis
Supermodder

Hovis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The thing with Morrigan is that she's a bit mean and sarcastic but underneath she's actually not such a bad person, once you get on her good side. In the Witcher it's more the other way around, lots of characters seem nice and end up being unpleasant, and even more just are unpleasant and seem unpleasant and turn out to be even worse. It's kind of a film noir style of fantasy story, with Gerelt as a sort of grubby Galahad trying to do what's right if not by letter of the law then at least his conscience. Both Dragon Age and Witcher are mature enough to force the player to make hard choices and have to deal with the consequences, I think that is a key factor because in many ways those decisions are the hardest parts of the game.

That said I didn't like The Witcher as much as Dragon Age. For all that is good about the Witcher it is a hell of a slow burner. I didn't see the light of day for about a week when I got my hands on Dragon Age, and I'm onto I think my third playthrough. The Witcher I've always run out of enthusiasm by about chapter three. This time though, I will succeed.
Hovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2010, 18:05   #18
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
witcher is definitely one of those games you have to play.. the combat is different too (a bit easy once you get the hang of it)- at first you'll be like wth

there's a lot of things you can collect and the atmosphere is good, walking around town and passing a dwarf who says f it! fist fighting in the taverns for money.. graphically the game owned and has great videos.. plus there's no gay gang bangs like in dragon age

dragon age imo was more mouth than story.. think half the game was voice acting seriously

was able to play it full up 16q aa, nice engine
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2010, 18:19   #19
sear
Multimodder

sear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehippoz
plus there's no gay gang bangs like in dragon age
I'm not sure if this is a joke or not, but I find it kind of ridiculous that you would single out the ability to have same-sex relationships as a negative quality, especially considering how utterly insipid and objectifying The Witcher's depiction of most of its women is.
sear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2010, 18:29   #20
SaNdCrAwLeR
Multimodder

SaNdCrAwLeR has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimonserry

the Witcher started out as a Neverwinter Nights Mod back in the days so yeah it's obviously heavilly influenced on Bioware's own array of games!
SaNdCrAwLeR is offline   Reply With Quote