bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 21st Aug 2010, 18:15   #1
coolmiester
Coolermaster Legend

coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
SR-2 STACKER - 'Completed'

I know its been way too long and these damn 840's have been breeding

Some serious cooling needed for this EVGA SR-2 board and although the 840 is a pretty big case it was obviously going to be to small for 3 loops so lets get "stacking"

Anyway, i was looking at my separates under the TV and liked how they stacked with the round silver feet showing in between so decided to do something similar with the two 840's and make a stacked rad box to fit on top.

I'm thinking a couple of EK 480 radiators up top - one for the CPU's and one for the full board block and and a couple of MIP's RAM Freezers.

I'm removing the hard drive caddy from the main 840 and will be mounting two EK 240's there for the graphics cards.

So, i did a bit of a crude mock up with bits of chewing gum just to see how things look

MINI 840 anyone

System Spec:
Coolermaster ATCs 840 Chassis x2
Intel X5650's
EVGA SR-2 Motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 480 Hydro Copper cheesecake - Quad Sli
12GB Crucial RAM
Kingston 64GB SSD's
Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1200w PSU

Watercooling Spec:
MIPS MB and RAM Freezer Blocks
Watercool HK3 CPU Blocks
Bitspower Carbon Black fittings
Phobya Radiators (2x 480 & 2x 240)
Koolance RP-450X2 Bay-Res x2
Laing D5 Pumps x3
Premochill 7/16" Hose
Premochill Dye Boms UV Red

Last edited by coolmiester; 6th Jun 2011 at 12:03.
coolmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2010, 18:22   #2
Gtek
Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
this is going to be massive... subd
Old 21st Aug 2010, 18:23   #3
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Oh yeah , I like that idea, this is going to be a good 1 to watch....Nice one mate

Now it really is stacking...lol
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2010, 19:14   #4
disturbed13
Hypermodder

disturbed13 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
this should prove to be interesting
you and those dual socket boards
they kill me
i wish i had one
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanlon303 View Post
The modder in me says whack a hole, fool!
disturbed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2010, 20:30   #5
HoryBP
Minimodder

HoryBP has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice, leveled case. A lot of added space for HHD/SDD. And WaterCooling

Last edited by HoryBP; 21st Aug 2010 at 21:38.
HoryBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2010, 21:33   #6
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The review is on Bit-Tech, it was only a matter of time! Subbed!
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2010, 23:55   #7
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Pure genius dude going to be one hell of a beast once its finished!
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2010, 14:40   #8
coolmiester
Coolermaster Legend

coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Cheers guys......long way to go yet but you get the idea

BIG thanks to Crazy_V shipping me a brand new SR-2 board over and going above and beyond with updates, even though she's had her own issues to deal with.

I got to hold one of the early samples at CeBIT in March but i forgot how big they actually are but none the less it, what a fantastic piece of kit.

Anyway couldn't resist sticking a few dual PCB 295's in there just to see how it looked

......blocks all ordered

coolmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2010, 14:47   #9
exitus
69 Dude!!

exitus has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hardcore!
can't wait to see the finished project!
Old 25th Aug 2010, 15:10   #10
brinkz0r
Hypermodder

brinkz0r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Coolmiester's back Now let's see what you come up with this time, the chopped case already looks promising.
brinkz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2010, 15:23   #11
Fabou
Supermodder

Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Killer board for killer case, this will be big for sure
I really like your comment mate I wish I could express myself like this too! Thanks buddy!!
Fabou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2010, 16:08   #12
DeadP1xels
Music Enthusiast

DeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for president
That board make those 295's look like toys
[i7-4700K][Asus Maximus VI Hero][H100i][R9 270X][HyperX Beast 32GB 2400mhz][NI KORE][1TB WD Caviar Black][Corsair 450W VS][Cosmos SE][Razer Abyssus][Microsoft Reclusa][Samsung S27C450B][Behringer B1031A][Shure SE215]
DeadP1xels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2010, 16:09   #13
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I can well imagine that whatever blocks you have coming are going to be gorgeous and highly fitting, but had to post this.

Has to be one of the nicest blocks I have seen in a while!

Looking forward to seeing progress with this build
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2010, 17:04   #14
Throbbi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Holy cow Thats an entire folding farm in one box!!!!

Serious madness, i love it!
Worklog - The Amputer!
Throbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2010, 17:24   #15
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throbbi View Post
Holy cow Thats an entire folding farm in one box!!!!

Serious madness, i love it!
My farm looks more like a dessert...
That lot adds up to my entire modding budget for the next 10 builds
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2010, 17:39   #16
Archtronics
I *am* a Dremel

Archtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Amazing Hardware but I swear there is room for another gpu in there
Archtronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2010, 17:41   #17
Fingers66
Kiwi in London

Fingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I nearly cried when seeing you take a jigsaw to an ATCS 840...

Looking forward to this.
NAS 1:[Synology DS211j] NAS 2:[OMV]
Fingers66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2010, 18:51   #18
Dark~3nergy
what was dat sandvich ?

Dark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
oh god, i hate you so much o.O
i want that motherboard so much, with dual 6core cpus

one day.. one day i will own a dual cpu computer
|||||||||
Dark~3nergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2010, 19:27   #19
cgthomas
Cpt. Handsome

cgthomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

One day I'll post a proper response

Last edited by cgthomas; 25th Aug 2010 at 19:39.
cgthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2010, 21:54   #20
exexs
Multimodder

exexs has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wooa... I mean, I can watch it just for the motherboard... Hope you'll do something terrific with it! The motherboard deserve it
exexs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
original haf stacker, real haf stacker

View Mode