bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 31st Aug 2010, 10:43   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Blizzard want Cameron to direct StarCraft film

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...-starcraft-f/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2010, 11:03   #2
r3loaded
Ultramodder

r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm not fussed tbh. As long as it isn't Uwe Boll, it'll be fine :P
r3loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2010, 11:50   #3
DriftCarl
Supermodder

DriftCarl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
would much rather see a starcraft2 movie than a wow one.
I like the story of starcraft2, and the environment reminds me a bit of firefly, ofcourse without the aliens and bugs races
DriftCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2010, 11:54   #4
chiper136
Multimodder

chiper136 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelchiper136 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelchiper136 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelchiper136 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelchiper136 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelchiper136 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
so the awful writing and cliché's of Starcraft 2 combined with the awful writing and cliché's of Avatar.

At least it will look pretty.
chiper136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2010, 12:48   #5
Ninja_182
Enginerd!

Ninja_182 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So long as it's not in 3D I will be happy.

flickr?
Ninja_182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2010, 12:58   #6
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I think a SC movie could be good fun Quality characters and a decent theme (even though the game in itself is a bit of a rip off from other sci-fi movies...)

But if they're only interested in Cameron then we may as well say good bye now.
Old 31st Aug 2010, 13:01   #7
Darkedge
Supermodder

Darkedge has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiper136
so the awful writing and cliché's of Starcraft 2 combined with the awful writing and cliché's of Avatar.

At least it will look pretty.
How very true.
Darkedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2010, 13:20   #8
sear
Multimodder

sear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for president
Because the best way to experience a video game... is to watch it.
sear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2010, 13:29   #9
TWeaK
Supermodder

TWeaK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Now, how many people read this and thought they wanted the PM to direct this? No one? I need to get out more..
TWeaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2010, 13:37   #10
Sir Digby
The Supprising Adventures

Sir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run CrysisSir Digby can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWeaK
Now, how many people read this and thought they wanted the PM to direct this? No one? I need to get out more..
Nope I did too, my first though was "He'll be a bit busy with the new baby though, won't he?".
Sir Digby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2010, 14:22   #11
fatty beef
State Side

fatty beef has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
fatty beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2010, 14:43   #12
Avanthor
What's a Dremel?

Avanthor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sam Riami cult director with a gory sick sense of humour that WOW players will love, Evil dead trilogy, Spiderman trilogy (his directing was brilliant producers tampered wiv the script in spidey 3 and mucked it up, hence he said no to spidey 4) WoW will be brilliant..Sam does not disapoint..lol but i think he is great anyways what about "out of the blue" peter Jackson huh? for SC2 see how Halo turns out first
Avanthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2010, 15:49   #13
MajestiX
Multimodder

MajestiX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
they did a good job just their own cgi, just got to make it 2 hours long? they already have what 30mins of it per game already
MajestiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2010, 15:52   #14
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You know why it needs Cameron?

SC has lotsa boomz, and Cameron likes boomz.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2010, 16:19   #15
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
I would pick Christopher Nolan. He directed The Prestige and Inception.

Maybe Blizzards never actually seen Avatar and don't know how bad it is.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2010, 16:59   #16
dyzophoria
Supermodder

dyzophoria has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I doubt blizzard hired Cameron because of Avatar. lol
Old 31st Aug 2010, 17:01   #17
WarrenJ
Mod Master

WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
tbh i dont think blizard want the storyline of Avatar but rather is spectacular graphics, concepts and innovations.

Cameron won't need to work again, not his family for generations to come.
WarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2010, 17:14   #18
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenJ View Post
tbh i dont think blizard want the storyline of Avatar but rather is spectacular graphics, concepts and innovations.

Cameron won't need to work again, not his family for generations to come.
You're close, but I've think you've just missed the real reason: Avatar made ludicrous amounts of money. Blizzard wants ludicrous amounts of money. Blizzard don't just want a good movie, they want a movie that will sell.

Though besides that, it's like just like you/others have said: there are a lot of parallels between Avatar and SC. Marines in giant walkers, aliens on distant planets, shiny graphics, etc.
Old 31st Aug 2010, 18:06   #19
Bakes
Hypermodder

Bakes has yet to learn the way of the DremelBakes has yet to learn the way of the DremelBakes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I might be missing something, but did Blizzard actually say they'd only want James Cameron? From the quotation I got the idea that they'd want quality, ie they wouldn't want someone like Uwe Boll, and used James Cameron as a measure of quality. Have I got something massively wrong, or is this just sensationalist news?
Bakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2010, 18:16   #20
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
long as the rock isn't in it
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote