bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 1st Sep 2010, 10:46   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Game launches new game updating service

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ting-service/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2010, 10:52   #2
Fizzl
Multimodder

Fizzl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I guess Steam is really impacting their PC game sales.
Fizzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2010, 10:57   #3
noizdaemon666
I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

noizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Strange. When I went to make an account for the Game Downloader, I was informed I already had one. So I had me details sent to my email account and when i checked I had received an email from gameshadow.

It would appear the Game Downloader is actually GameShadow in disguise lol
noizdaemon666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2010, 11:00   #4
Bob1234
Modder

Bob1234 has yet to learn the way of the DremelBob1234 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Once downloaded the application scans your PC to identify installed games, recording them to a user profile and.."

Tells the publisher which ones you didnt buy.

Well, probably not, but you never know.
Bob1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2010, 11:05   #5
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I don't like applications scanning my PC for anything. Except AV software, that is.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
I! I! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2010, 11:09   #6
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
no thanks

nice idea but i will scan for updates and i dont really want to be giving you my contact details
Old 1st Sep 2010, 11:10   #7
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Sounds like an annoyance more than anything.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2010, 11:10   #8
Mitcian
Multimodder

Mitcian has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by perplekks45 View Post
I don't like applications scanning my PC for anything. Except AV software, that is.
Seconded, especially when it's scanning for something I can quite easily do myself without the need for installing yet another piece of bloatware.
Mitcian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2010, 11:16   #9
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noizdaemon666
Strange. When I went to make an account for the Game Downloader, I was informed I already had one. So I had me details sent to my email account and when i checked I had received an email from gameshadow.

It would appear the Game Downloader is actually GameShadow in disguise lol
It turns out that the Downloader is made by GameShadow, yes.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2010, 12:09   #10
Unknownsock
Supermodder

Unknownsock has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by perplekks45
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyb
no thanks

nice idea but i will scan for updates and i dont really want to be giving you my contact details
Oh Noes, it's not like google and other sites probably no more about you than yourself is it?
Unknownsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2010, 12:09   #11
V3ctor
Tech addict...

V3ctor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzl
I guess Steam is really impacting their PC game sales.
Yeah, Steam is just plain simple u don't have to go to a store or wait for the postman to bring your game.

I still import games from them... BFBC2 cost me 27 with shipping costs included, the Steam version was 49.90.

Codemaster's F1 2010 is going to follow the same route...

I hope these guy's don't go under, they really are a good alternative to Steam (or other expensive stores here in Portugal)
Intel Core i7 4770K@4.5Ghz / ASUS Sabertooth Z87 / 2x4Gb Gskill Trident X 2400Mhz / 2x ASUS Matrix Platinum 7970 3Gb / Samsung T260 / 2x Corsair Force GT 240Gb raid0/ Corsair HX-850W/ Silverstone FT02R-Wi
V3ctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2010, 12:18   #12
Showerhead
Ultramodder

Showerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run Crysis
Be nice if my local store actually stocked P.C. games other than WOW, and a series of truck,bin lorry,ship,train and bus simulators.

Last edited by Showerhead; 1st Sep 2010 at 12:33. Reason: Plugs being pedantic
Showerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2010, 12:24   #13
Plugs
Supermodder

Plugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for president
WoW simulator?
does it knock you unconscious for 12hrs, and steal 8 from your wallet
Plugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2010, 12:34   #14
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
Bit redundant since steam handles it for me anyway *shrug* Guess its game slowly moving towards a digital download system. Those 2nd hand games take up sooo much floor space.
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2010, 12:35   #15
BRAWL
Mod Master

BRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plugs
WoW simulator?
does it knock you unconscious for 12hrs, and steal £8 from your wallet
You squire just made my day...
Old 1st Sep 2010, 13:03   #16
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsock View Post
Oh Noes, it's not like google and other sites probably no more about you than yourself is it?
Oh, wait... if they already do it I might as well add applications on top of that.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
I! I! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2010, 13:25   #17
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Because it's so difficult to check for patches/updates yourself, especially when most games tell you there's one available.
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2010, 14:04   #18
AshT
Custom User Title

AshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's a step in the right direction.

Game must be shitting itself because of new competition in the 2nd hand market, publishers dislike/annoyance at the 2nd hand market. Progression in the Streaming/digital market.

I think they'd be better off morphing into a UK games publisher if they want to retain anything to do with the games industry. I realise that publishing is not exactly in their list of skills on a CV but if they don't diverge, then they will die. High street game retailers will eventually be a thing of the past.
AshT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2010, 16:15   #19
WarrenJ
Mod Master

WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
it would be nice to have some competition in the marketplace, it will always benefit us, and im happy to try a new digital distribution service.

Steam seems to have a monopoly at the moment to the digital download market,
WarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2010, 19:18   #20
Fiyero
Vindaloovian

Fiyero has yet to learn the way of the DremelFiyero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was just thinking that sounded the same as gameshadow.
Turns out it is then! It was fairly handy a while back, but like everyone has said, Steam indeed.
Fiyero is offline   Reply With Quote