Minimodder

julieb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Toshiba recalls burn-hazard Satellites

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...d-satellites/1

julieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2010, 10:31   #2
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It's kind of irritating. Because they won't cause any major damage to any customers property (Something I'd love to do with some customers), but I'll doubtlessly have to deal with it anyway.

Curses.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2010, 12:05   #3
r3loaded
Ultramodder

r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.
Yet another reason why my next computer will be a desktop again. Can't stand the crappy cooling of laptops, there just isn't enough space.
r3loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2010, 13:34   #4
leexgx
CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

leexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
this was not an cooling issue, power pack is faulty making the socket get hot.
i7-920 (4Ghz) <> Titian ferna <> Rampage extreme III<> GTX480 <> 6gb 3x2gb OCZ Gold 1600 <> SSD M225 256gb / segate .11 1.5TB <> X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty <> TK 1000w Toughpower <win7 x64> GreenFrog Computers Warrington
leexgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2010, 15:35   #5
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming Saiyan
At least Toshiba have acknowledged it, whether these can slip out of warranty before people realise and try to return them. I know HP Laptops have heat issues on their their Nvidia GPU's and wouldn't honour a repair out of warranty, even though it is clearly a design flaw.

I know that power and GPU heat problems aren't strictly related, but it does highlight some failings in designing a suitable chassis with enough thermal convection to dump excess heat out of the little lap warmers.
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2010, 16:31   #6
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Cue the Apple bashing --oh, wait...
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2010, 16:37   #7
Zurechial
Elitist

Zurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo
Cue the Apple bashing --oh, wait...
Get outta here, troll!

If I were an owner of one of the laptops in question I'd want more than just a free repair/replacement under warranty for my trouble, especially with an issue as serious as this.
Old 3rd Sep 2010, 20:49   #8
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is why I stick with ASUS laptops and not the crap versions sold at Best Buy.
DimasTech Test Bench Black ICE Triple 120 Rad Dual Bay Res/Pump DD Fill Port & Res D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory (2) AMD 6870 XFire (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive ASUS XONAR DX2 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD (2) 23" ASUS LCD ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER (4) NOCTUA P12 (2) NOCTUA P14 1000W ZALMAN PSU WINDOWS 7 PRO 64
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2010, 19:39   #9
Cupboard
I'm not a modder.

Cupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
My laptop did that, but because I accidentally dropped it during a sneezing fit and it landed on the plug! It does now appear to have entirely stopped charging which is a little worrying...
Old 6th Sep 2010, 11:34   #10
hellkeeper6
What's a Dremel?

hellkeeper6 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
when i first saw the title of this article i was imagining a space shuttle mission to fix some Toshiba satellite in space :-s

I'm seriously underwhelmed.
hellkeeper6 is offline   Reply With Quote