bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 6th Sep 2010, 09:16   #1
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Most Broken Game: The First Hour

Is Boiling Point the most broken game ever? Phil reminisces about the bugs that made the game so memorable. For all the wrong reasons...

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2010/09...he-first-hour/

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2010, 09:33   #2
alpaca
llama eats dremel

alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
most of the rpg's i've played have this kind of falling-apart-when-they-die-weapons. imagine they would have not: you would be carrying hundreds of weapons and armors in no time. and the ammo? well, i remember giving my rocket launcher to a marine in HALO when i was out of rockets. and he ALWAYS has some more (but doesn't want to share, apparently)
Old 6th Sep 2010, 09:35   #3
_Metal_Guitar_
Multimodder

_Metal_Guitar_ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's a shame because, from what I remember of it, the scope of the game was enormous. It was completely broken though, even after the patches.
_Metal_Guitar_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2010, 09:44   #4
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
“Sell Guns. Buy Doughtnuts.”

That should be a life philosophy.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2010, 10:51   #5
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
FTL Dungeon Master IMHO It was/is the best RPG ever made.

You can take a look at this classic and play it if someone wants to
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!

Last edited by [USRF]Obiwan; 6th Sep 2010 at 11:04.
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2010, 10:58   #6
Cogwulf
Minimodder

Cogwulf has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If you just changed a few words, like 'jaguar' to 'giant scorpion' and 'doughnuts' to 'radioactive cockroach meat', it would be a review of fallout 3.
Cogwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2010, 11:34   #7
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogwulf View Post
If you just changed a few words, like 'jaguar' to 'giant scorpion' and 'doughnuts' to 'radioactive cockroach meat', it would be a review of fallout 3.
At least you could repair the guns in Fallout though ;-)
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2010, 11:53   #8
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
i actually got pretty far ( ithink ) into the game and perservered as much as i could with the bugs

i just wish it had worked

(on a side note there is a sequel i think coming out soon)
Old 6th Sep 2010, 12:13   #9
yakyb

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
Looks like it was cancelled after a small release

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenus_2:_White_Gold

Old 6th Sep 2010, 12:52   #10
Zinfandel
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Zinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Airport 2 was the most bugged game I have EVER played.
Old 6th Sep 2010, 15:22   #11
eddtox
Homo Interneticus

eddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremeleddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
For me UFO: Aftershock really stands out in memory as a buggy game
Old 6th Sep 2010, 15:46   #12
el_diablo_72
What's a Dremel?

el_diablo_72 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
For the older people - Elite 2.

Reloaded every 3-4 minutes due to crashed (great game though).

How about Vampire the Masquerade - Great now but when it was released it sucked!.

Finally - absolutely any game on Vista! I cannot believe you cannot play Halo 2 on Windows 7 - Microsoft cannot get it to work!
el_diablo_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2010, 16:25   #13
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
sounds like a lot of ideas thrown together from one of the devs kids

Quote:

never even heard of that game.. it looks like far cry, and with a name like white gold I kind of want to check it out lol

Last edited by thehippoz; 6th Sep 2010 at 16:39.
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2010, 19:19   #14
flibblesan
Destroyer

flibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Big Rigs is the most bugged game ever.
flibblesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2010, 19:34   #15
Wicked_Sludge
My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Wicked_Sludge is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_diablo_72 View Post
How about Vampire the Masquerade - Great now but when it was released it sucked!.
bloodlines, yes. masquerade was good though. i still break it out from time to time
Old 7th Sep 2010, 04:41   #16
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
STALKER initial release was right up there to. I wonder what they tested it on, if at all?
Old 7th Sep 2010, 09:11   #17
yakyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehippoz
sounds like a lot of ideas thrown together from one of the devs kids

Quote:

never even heard of that game.. it looks like far cry, and with a name like white gold I kind of want to check it out lol
i think its more of a Boiling point / just cause mix with a bit of far cry thrown in for good measure

io was really looking forward to it

i think its availible from many free online retailers although i dont know whether it would be worth trying or not
Old 8th Sep 2010, 07:53   #18
MiNiMaL_FuSS
ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

MiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I loved boiling point - only game I never completed, because when it crashed it did the whole hog, BSOD & corrupt save games. Never the less I must have started the game 30+ times.
Old 8th Sep 2010, 14:02   #19
HyBry
Minimodder

HyBry has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I loved the game and even managed to finish it as well.
But applying the patches was a pain. I ended up getting all the russian patches as well as they went up to a slightly higher number and it was playable.

White Gold was released in Russian AFAIK, and they were in process of translating it but never got to finišhing it. I was really looking forward to the game.
Old 8th Sep 2010, 22:57   #20
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Buggy games? How about Worms: Reloaded?

Incredibly disappointed by it. It's still Worms and still fun, but really Team 17? It's basically Armaggedon minus the homing pidgeon plus a copious amount of bugs. The multiplayer setup menu is proof of that. Player's names and pictures often get swapped leading to horrible confusion, mouse based camera controls are buggy beyond all reason, and various items completely break sometimes (I'm looking at you land mine which I dropped from a ninja rope and saw go flying straight to the left until you stuck on a wall).