bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 10th Sep 2010, 11:35   #1
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Most Broken Game: Stockholm Syndrome

The mission is a pretty simple one – a bunch of natives being used as slaves at a plantation deep in the jungle need rescuing. The place is guarded, but it’s no Fort Knox. The enemy are toting small arms, grenades; nothing too heavy...

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2010/09...holm-syndrome/

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Sep 2010, 12:55   #2
Kúsař
regular bit-tech reader

Kúsař has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
These blogs about buggy games always makes me laugh, carry on
Kúsař is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Sep 2010, 13:06   #3
Jezcentral
Multimodder

Jezcentral has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Could you also subtitle the game you are reviewing? You don't mention Boiling Point until two-thirds in!
Jezcentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Sep 2010, 13:16   #4
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That made me rofl. I love other people playing buggy games i get frustrated to easily to enjoy the eccentricity of them
Old 10th Sep 2010, 13:19   #5
HyBry
Minimodder

HyBry has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It would be lovely if someone actually came around and remade the game on some modern engine, with some improvements, while maintianing the gameplay and story intact. I think it would be a treat to replay like it was meant to be played to begin with.
Old 10th Sep 2010, 13:26   #6
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
speaking of games which corrupt/crash the game randomly when saving, I used to play Stonekeep (a DOS based dungeon crawler, which is now on GOG.com).

The game itself was really good for it's time (early to mid 90's, I think) but the save system was really frustrating - half of the time it would crash when you saved the game. This meant you would try to save even more regularaly than in any other game in case it did crash and you'd lose the last half hour of progress

I've been tempted to get it again on GOG (hopefully with the bug patched out now) if only to see how the game finished.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Sep 2010, 13:58   #7
Pete J
The upgrade bug biteth...

Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Frustrated, I shoot one in the leg, but he takes the pain with now trademark bovine stoicism as a physics glitch carries him silently over the horizon
Ha Ha ! Stuff like that always makes me piss myself laughing. I remember two games like that:

1) Hitman (the original): a patch introduced bullet time - unfortunately it also messed up the physics. If you killed someone in slo-mo, then shot the body afterwards (leaving slo-mo) the body would ping around the place like a tennis ball fired at 400MPH.

2) Dawn of War 2: every now and then an enemy body would glitch and start floating up towards the sky, spinning madly. Even after having floating above vision range, the shadow would still be floating all over the map!
Lian Li PC-P80B / EVGA X79 Dark / i7 4930K @ 4.2GHz (no HT) / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Avexir Core Blue Series @ 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-2T / 3x SLI EVGA 3GB GTX 780 @1075MHz Core 7000MHz Memory / X-Fi Titanium Professional / 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 / 120GB Vertex 2 / 480GB Vertex 2 / 2TB WD Caviar Green / Silverstone Strider 1500W / Asus PQ321QE / Dell 3007WFP-HC / Headphones TBA / Logitech MK710 and MX3200 / Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 / Datacolor Spyder3 / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Gigabyte P34G V2
Pete J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Sep 2010, 14:54   #8
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Frustrated, I shoot one in the leg, but he takes the pain with now trademark bovine stoicism as a physics glitch carries him silently over the horizon.
Quoted again just because it is so amazingly hilarious.

Try playing Warrior Within without the savegame bugging out. Makes your arse twitch like a rabbits nose.
Old 10th Sep 2010, 18:38   #9
sleepygamer
More Metal Than Thou

sleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysis
JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION JAGUAR GET IN THE CAR!
Lazarus | CPU | Intel C2Q Q9400 @ 2.66Ghz | RAM | 4GB (2x2GB) OCZ Reaper DDR2 666MHz @ 5-6-6-15 | Mobo | ASUS P5B Deluxe | GPU | EVGA GTX460 1GB SC | SSD/Boot | Kingston 64GB SSDNow V | HDD/Storage | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 | PSU | Silverstone Strider 700W | Case | NZXT M59 | Monitor | 20" LG Flatron | Keyboard | Razer Lycosa Mirror | Mouse | Razer Lachesis Wraith Red
I also blog! - It's about hardware and stuff! // Latest review: Sennheiser HD 215 Headphones
I also tweet! - sleepygamester
sleepygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2010, 11:17   #10
Kiytan
Shiny

Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
the worst save games in history belong to resident evil: Survivor. it wasn't buggy, and nearly always worked...but:

It didn't save your position, just the items you had (healing items and weapons, not keys, so you need to get them again) Meaning you had to complete the entire game (probably 10+ hours) in one go. NOT FUN.

Also, loving these buggy games blogs
Kiytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2010, 17:31   #11
Ninja_182
Enginerd!

Ninja_182 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete J View Post

*chop*

2) Dawn of War 2: every now and then an enemy body would glitch and start floating up towards the sky, spinning madly. Even after having floating above vision range, the shadow would still be floating all over the map!
Isn't that just something Chaos related?

flickr?
Ninja_182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Sep 2010, 12:19   #12
BRAWL
Mod Master

BRAWL is definitely a rep cheat.BRAWL is definitely a rep cheat.BRAWL is definitely a rep cheat.BRAWL is definitely a rep cheat.BRAWL is definitely a rep cheat.BRAWL is definitely a rep cheat.BRAWL is definitely a rep cheat.BRAWL is definitely a rep cheat.BRAWL is definitely a rep cheat.BRAWL is definitely a rep cheat.BRAWL is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete J View Post

*chop*

Isn't that just something Chaos related?

WE ARE CHAOS! CHAOS IS random as hell...

These articles are cracking me >.< keep 'um coming
Old 15th Sep 2010, 05:09   #13
Eurofix
Minimodder

Eurofix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I am enjoying the whole 'Most broken game' series - please keep it up
Eurofix is offline   Reply With Quote