bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 20th Mar 2011, 22:47   #121
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Some one might correct me on this, but as far as I know there's nothing about to monitor ram temps. I've never come across anything on any mobo software thats for sure. The only thing I can think of is fitting an external sensor, how accurate this will be is any ones guess. But it'll give you some sort of idea whats going on. The only problem I can see is if you've got 6 sticks of ram which one do you take the temp from.
bulldogjeff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2011, 06:00   #122
PabloFunky
Ultramodder

PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.
Yeah i see what you mean, i guess when enough people are sad enough to cool ram, then perhaps mobo manufacturers will add some sensors for it.

Its only really for looks, but would be nice just for checking purposes?
PabloFunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2011, 20:38   #123
bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloFunky View Post
Yeah i see what you mean, i guess when enough people are sad enough to cool ram, then perhaps mobo manufacturers will add some sensors for it.

Its only really for looks, but would be nice just for checking purposes?
Rams not really a problem when it comes to overheating as long as there's decent air flow and with low voltage stuff becoming more and more popular and running cooler I don't think it some thing that mobo makers will ever bother with. But like you say, having it thee just for the hell of it would be nice.
Old 15th Apr 2011, 21:56   #124
PabloFunky
Ultramodder

PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.
Ok, neede3d a better gfx card for forums and msn,
So i went ahead and bought one of them hydrocopper thingies 580 gtx.

Did my usual 30 second leak test, powered up, installed drivers, blah blah blah.

Nano fluid was as close to white coolant i could find in the uk, looks ok i think?

Trying a few of them ek comp fittings on this card, gotta say, i like the looks of them.

Idle temps are running at
1. Power save type mode.... 26c
2. 1 Hour in Crysis2 very high settings.... Max i hit was 37c

The room ambient is 20c.

I assume theses temps for this card are about correct? a typical?

Lots more room now, after removing that big old 5870, (which i still like)

I have a few badges to come from the engravers tomoz aswell.

The insides are a little messy compared to many builds, but that can be worked on, now all loops are fitted.

Oh, and changed all top rad fans for them Vegas led ones.

think spent 140 on them,,,, musnt feel guilty... he he

Old 15th Apr 2011, 22:04   #125
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Nice new card Pablo & very nice temps, not sure but on original stock air cooler I was getting around 50 to 60c at around that ambient so yeah great temps too .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2011, 22:07   #126
Mosquito
Hypermodder

Mosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run Crysis
wow that is bright... lots of lights. Looks good though
Mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 20:22   #127
PabloFunky
Ultramodder

Yeah its bright for sure, but each fan can have its lighting turned off if i need.

The best thing about me buying this 600 card from Scan, is that they sent me a free
2.96 valued network card, that i cant even use as i have no pci slots.

Something more usefull would of been nice, now i gotta dispose of it correctly, so they dont have to now.....

Was it a nice gesture, or were they just making fun of me?
Old 16th Apr 2011, 20:28   #128
bulldogjeff

Thats looking really nice now Pablo. Good to see it up and running, those temps are really good. You can't be to far away from finishing now. Can you??
Old 16th Apr 2011, 20:32   #129
PabloFunky
Ultramodder

Ive been using it for some time, its nice just to tweak it now and again.

Being at work, and not being able to drive limits my access of the workshops i used to go to to do most of the work.

Was hoping to have my badges back from engravers, he keeps telling me there done and in post......
Hmmm, heard that line before.

Does need some cable tidying, but im not sure that its gonna affect the performance, so cba doing it still.

Looks bare now ive got a single slot gfx card, compared to that 5870.
Old 16th Apr 2011, 20:37   #130
DeadP1xels
Music Enthusiast

DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.DeadP1xels is definitely a rep cheat.
Wow so much amazing work
[i7-4700K][Asus Maximus VI Hero][H100i][R9 270X][HyperX Beast 32GB 2400mhz][NI KORE][1TB WD Caviar Black][Corsair 450W VS][Cosmos SE][Razer Abyssus][Microsoft Reclusa][Samsung S27C450B][Behringer B1031A][Shure SE215]
DeadP1xels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 20:38   #131
PabloFunky
Ultramodder

Thank you, hope electric bill not gonna reduce my loops, maybe take ram off for the moment?

Monster3 is in drawing stages and a few panels done, but is on hold, coz this pc is doing what i require.
Old 18th Apr 2011, 19:46   #132
PabloFunky
Ultramodder

Sorted

here you go.

Nothing much to say, badge was a tight fit, but expected that, sits .002mm above surface at one end, which is ok i guess,

looks fine,

Macro pics make the badge looked scratched, but it isnt scratched much atal.
Old 19th Apr 2011, 02:28   #133
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Love the badges, particularly the one on the top of the case.
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 19:10   #134
PabloFunky
Ultramodder

Whilst the weather was bad, (sunny), i decided to pull the curtains power down pc, and start the first 90 fittng to reduce tubing length and see if i could tidy it up a bit, not that i see the insides of the pc whils looking at monitor, but anyway.

Now, from my experiences, i have bought Shitspower 45s before and they were not cheap and all leaked on me, so buying 3 90s at 14 each, scared the hell out of me.

Scan, that i normally buy from only had the black ones, i really wanted silver ones, but what the hey.

Once io can get the other 2 pumps done aswell, its really gonna tidy it up alot i feel.

Luckily i have fiited one and it seems ok so far, will fit others when im sure they wont leak.

Still looks a bit messy, but its deffo getting there.

Tube comes straight down now, less pull on tubing and less tube in itself now, would of been a touch longer, but i had to trim the ends dead sqare, as theres not much meat on the bitspower fitting, for grabbing the tube.

All 90s are gonna be restrictive by design, whatever is said (cant defy law of physyx), but temp of this loop only went up by 1c or so, so thats fine.
Old 14th May 2011, 19:53   #135
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
That's bright! You could grow plants in that sucker.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2011, 07:56   #136
PabloFunky
Ultramodder

Was tempted to put a plant in there.

have now changed the center pump from black top to white top, now not convinced was best idea, may of looked better with white/black/white.

Anyway decide for yourselves.

Have got the 90 fitting on, so allows another long tube to be tidied up, i had to leave a little slack, otherwise i wouldnt be able to fill resevoir, im thinking that i will drill and tap a small hole in front of my res for filling , unless you know of a resevoir single 5.25 bay, with a fill port in the front?

I feel that its pretty neat for a 4 loop system, obviously not to that pristine showroom look you get with some builds and a single loop, afterall the tubes can really only go certain places without adding allsorts of adaptors and angles and restriction.

So whilst a small tweak again, its starting to get neater

Last edited by PabloFunky; 28th May 2011 at 10:36.
Old 18th Jun 2011, 09:42   #137
PabloFunky
Ultramodder

Got arial man in today, so i can get a better arial for my dvbt2 tuner,

Also got access to midtray easier now for removal, finally can get powdered instead of sprayed.

Tv arial man was more interested in my pc and stuff than talking about how to do the arial .

Now he wants to bring his son with him to work, so he can see it, Lucky its to big to lift, dont want it nicked while im not here to supervise him.
Old 19th Jun 2011, 13:53   #138
andybones
Multimodder

andybones has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloFunky View Post
Now he wants to bring his son with him to work, so he can see it,
maybe that's his little helper Should be better reception with a proper aerial.

Andy
andybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2011, 18:50   #139
PabloFunky
Ultramodder

Wired front switches to vegas fans on gfx loop

decided today i would do it.

Had always meant to connect lighting to front panel for easy access

Video below for you

Last edited by PabloFunky; 31st Jul 2011 at 19:30.
Old 31st Jul 2011, 19:25   #140
paz45
Supermodder

paz45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paz45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paz45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paz45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paz45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paz45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paz45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paz45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paz45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paz45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paz45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
He h e nice touch there pete lol
paz45 is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode