bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 20th Sep 2010, 08:26   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Logitech G700 Review

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/per...-g700-review/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2010, 09:08   #2
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Wait a second... you can't take out the batteries when running it in wired mode?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
I! I! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2010, 09:32   #3
r3loaded
Ultramodder

r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.
Still loving my Sidewinder X8. It has absolutely no problems in wireless mode, and it's cheaper too
r3loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2010, 09:42   #4
MaverickWill
Dirty CPC Mackem

MaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run Crysis
So, since the score this review was given was dependant on a fix, does that mean it'll get a re-review once the fix is released? It'd be nice to know there's an alternative to the Mamba!
Old 20th Sep 2010, 09:57   #5
b1g-d0g
Mod Master

b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.
I love my G700 i sold my razer mamba to buy it and ive had zero problems playing online games with it in wireless,BFBC2 is way better than the old razer
b1g-d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2010, 10:00   #6
tozsam
Multimodder

tozsam has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So what are my choices for a wireless gaming mouse. I am currently using the microsoft intelimouse 2, but the scrollwheel click (which I use a hell of a lot, for panning in 3ds max) is just about dead. I am looking for a mouse with plenty of useable (comfortable reach) macrobuttons, again for 3ds max. The mouse needs to be wireless, because my PC is at the back of the room with the projector.
tozsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2010, 11:12   #7
DBA
I do my modding with a spoon

DBA has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It looks like a prototype with those big clumsy buttons and bulky cable connector. But I've never really liked Logitech mouses, anyway.
DBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2010, 11:29   #8
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
A couple of typos:
"There's a power switch on the bottom of the mosue to save battery power."
"performance which maked the G700 horrid"

Also you CAN remove the battery when using it in wired mode. I don't know why you would want to, as the point of the cable is to charge the cable, but nonetheless that can be done.
Also other than that I disagree with just about everything said here.. The left extra buttons can be reached and configured to what ever you like, the extra thumb buttons can easily be reached and... I haven't found the power save to be "infuriating" either. In fact I've been happy with it, and after having used the MX610, the power save mode should shoot nails through my palm to be any more annoying. The only nags I have is the left side which feels a bit uncomfortable for my thumb and the fact that the charging cable is rather thick.

I suppose this goes to highlight the amount of personal opinion in peripheral reviews
Old 20th Sep 2010, 12:06   #9
bahgger
Hypermodder

bahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Wow. 85 Pounds?!
bahgger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2010, 12:39   #10
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Loving the number of buttons on that. Shame it's so expensive
Old 20th Sep 2010, 12:47   #11
dangerman1337
Supermodder

dangerman1337 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dangerman1337 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dangerman1337 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dangerman1337 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dangerman1337 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dangerman1337 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dangerman1337 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dangerman1337 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dangerman1337 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dangerman1337 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dangerman1337 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Despite being wireless, quite a rip-off for 85, you can get the G500 for 30 now.
dangerman1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2010, 13:24   #12
b1g-d0g
Mod Master

b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.b1g-d0g is definitely a rep cheat.
Dont forget the mamba was 99 when it came out and this mouse is better for games.
Old 20th Sep 2010, 14:29   #13
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ugly looking things.

GravitySmacked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2010, 14:35   #14
SlowMotionSuicide
Come Hell or High Water

SlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for president
Meh. I was definitely waiting this
Old 20th Sep 2010, 14:38   #15
b1g-d0g
Mod Master

Buy it mate its a great mouse.
Old 20th Sep 2010, 15:07   #16
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1g-d0g View Post
Dont forget the mamba was 99 when it came out and this mouse is better for games.
Yeah people are forgetting that the similar mice form other companies aren't any cheaper The Mamba is still over 90 and the Cyborg R.A.T.9 is over 100. Really the only thing cheaper is the Microsoft X8, which, I think, is too chunky for most users and has also been on the market the longest.
Old 20th Sep 2010, 17:03   #17
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
i'm currently using this old mx700 that i actually found on the street (it even had the charger!). it works great, and is surprisingly more functional in linux than it is in windows. i'm not really picky when it comes to precision, and i cannot play a modern game without the thumb buttons. but, when i saw the picture of the g700 my first thoughts were "overkill". seriously you could probably replace every keyboard command except W, A, S, and D in the average game you play. 1 hand should not have that much attention. if this were a gamepad that'd be like having 4 trigger buttons for the left hand while you can control the left thumb stick, which would could be pressed down as a button along with another 2 buttons on the surface of it. like sure that'd be 7 buttons and a control stick all conveniently located where all your fingers are, but its unnecessary and eventually confusing. personally, i don't think most people could handle this. if i had a mouse like this, i'd find myself pausing the game so i could remember which button does what. its a lot easier to split your controls between 2 hands.
Old 20th Sep 2010, 18:34   #18
Gunter
Multimodder

Gunter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Grammar Nazi attacks!
"The separate wireless receiver is tiny and once fitted into any rarely used USB 2 port instantly connects the mouse. There's a power switch on the bottom of the mosue to save battery power."

I'm fairly surprise no one notice, toughts about this mouse why they realease this at all?
Gunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2010, 19:53   #19
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
yeah I dunno how that mouse could sell.. it looks aweful
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2010, 20:52   #20
Ficky Pucker
Ultramodder

Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.Ficky Pucker is definitely a rep cheat.
looks like crap (even uglier and cheaper looking than a razer mouse) very disappointed, i expected awesomness of G500 + some cool stuff and wireless of course...
Ficky Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote