bit-tech.net

Old 3rd Oct 2010, 09:19   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Site-Seeing: Walk It

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2010/10...eeing-walk-it/

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2010, 12:25   #2
karolis
Code Monkey

karolis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'll give it a shot. I am a bit low tech when it comes to navigation though. I love the fact that these days you can get a map of your location pretty much anywhere, but i still plan the route myself.
Old 3rd Oct 2010, 12:38   #3
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
I think you're a bit paranoid about Camden.
Old 3rd Oct 2010, 13:09   #4
DarkBanana
Multimodder

DarkBanana has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lol. I think most of those calories goes into simply keeping you alive :P

Exercise is a really poor way of burning calories but it builds muscle which have a calorie 'upkeep' all the time
DarkBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2010, 15:05   #5
pimonserry
sounds like a party.

pimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
^ what he said. Most of your energy just goes into keeping you ticking over.

+REP ME FOR BEING WONDERFUL
pimonserry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2010, 15:29   #6
October
Mariachi Style

October is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Maybe the carbons saved are calculated by your extra weight not being on the tube, and it therefore not having to work as hard to keep moving
Old 3rd Oct 2010, 15:43   #7
Farting Bob
Supermodder

Farting Bob has yet to learn the way of the DremelFarting Bob has yet to learn the way of the DremelFarting Bob has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by October
Maybe the carbons saved are calculated by your extra weight not being on the tube, and it therefore not having to work as hard to keep moving
That would be impressive for someone to work out per person. I suppose it would need to know your weight, or if you caught your bag in the door and held up the train momentarily, or if you jumped up and down all the time so your weight counted for less.
So many variables to consider!

Also, while this service looks pretty clever, it really needs sat nav voice over and take advantage of your phones GPS to be really great. Still, as a version 1, still pretty useful. Lived in london a while and walked most places, generally working out where i was by finding tube stations and working out which direction i was heading. Didnt take maps with me, rarely got lost.
Farting Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2010, 21:12   #8
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farting Bob View Post
That would be impressive for someone to work out per person. I suppose it would need to know your weight, or if you caught your bag in the door and held up the train momentarily, or if you jumped up and down all the time so your weight counted for less.
So many variables to consider!
Holding up the train makes no difference if it's just for a couple of seconds, they won't go any faster.

Jumping up and down?
Old 3rd Oct 2010, 21:52   #9
greigaitken
Supermodder

greigaitken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
but because you exercised more - you breathed more thus creating lots more carbon dioxide, you will also have a bigger appetitie thus use more food. How much Co2 is used in making and shipping another slice of cheesecake? ultimately, get a bike. it's faster and cheaper and greener and... slightly wetter on a rainy day.
greigaitken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Oct 2010, 02:48   #10
Showerhead
Ultramodder

Showerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run Crysis
Doesn't Work so well for Aberdeen misses out lots of alleyways i know about but maybe they don't want to be sued if someone goes missing at the underpass while following there directions
Showerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Oct 2010, 14:04   #11
Madness_3d
Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Finally someone who agrees with me about Camden :-)
XFXScorpio911 PHENOM II X4 965 @ 4.02Ghz SLI GTX 480 1536MB ASUS CROSSHAIR II FORMULA 4GB OCZ REAPER 1066 5-5-4-8 2T CORSAIR HYDRO H50 CORSAIR Force 3 120GB WINDOWS 7 HP 64bit Musings On The Technical World Steam
Madness_3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Oct 2010, 15:43   #12
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Chalk me up as another Camden hater. Go for the gigs, then get out as fast as you can.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Oct 2010, 17:30   #13
phuzz
This is a title

phuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for president
Can't you just, y'know, guess the right way to go? Always works for me in london and I don't even live there.
Also, Camden is scary? pussies
phuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Oct 2010, 13:24   #14
sp4nky
BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

sp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I've been using Walk-it.com for a while now. It can suggest circular routes and tell you how far they are, how long it'll take you. I've also used it for sending people directions to events in town, when people are coming up from London or elsewhere.

Btw, as an outside I don't find Camden particularly scarey. Visit Fenham or Benwell in Newcastle and you'll see how tame Camden is.
Old 5th Oct 2010, 13:34   #15
LJF
Modded

LJF has yet to learn the way of the DremelLJF has yet to learn the way of the DremelLJF has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBanana View Post
Your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is used to calculate the number of calories needed, apparently.
http://health.discovery.com/centers/...sal/basal.html

According to that calculator I, myself, need 1885 calories a day minimum even if i'm doing absolutely nothing but existing.

... time for another pastie then.
LJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Oct 2010, 20:19   #16
Plugs
Supermodder

Plugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for presidentPlugs should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBanana View Post
Your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is used to calculate the number of calories needed, apparently.
http://health.discovery.com/centers/...sal/basal.html
apparently, if i was the same height and weight as i am, but was actually 999 years old
i would give out 4534.8 calories
Plugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2010, 06:05   #17
E_Spaghetti
Minimodder

E_Spaghetti has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No discussion at all about the union strike?
E_Spaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2010, 20:11   #18
NethLyn
Hypermodder

NethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for president
"Held to Ransom" indeed, once you've been caught out and buy an A to Z and give it a year, the strikers haven't stopped me getting anywhere I need to go when they shut the tube, for nearly a decade. In fact if they keep doing it they'll become as effective as the Royal Mail strikes where no-one knows the difference between a strike and normal service day to day.