bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 12th Oct 2010, 10:22   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Windows Phone 7 launches

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...e-7-launches/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 10:27   #2
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's quite impressive that they managed to tear Mr Fry away from his iPhone.
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 10:43   #3
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3v1ck
It's quite impressive that they managed to tear Mr Fry away from his iPhone.
You're Kidding? Shock, awe and amazement. Mr Fry is all things Apple and even sings the praises of Google. Remember his rant on twitter last year when he was trying to get a Vaio to connect wirelessly and cursed Microsoft. Maybe this is him apologising.

Still think he's ace though and I for one will be upgrading my handset to a WM7 device.
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 13:07   #4
mars-bar-man
Side bewb.

mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.
Are we going to be able to upgrade the OS to WinMo 7? I want it for my HD2!!
Old 12th Oct 2010, 13:10   #5
<A88>
Trust the Computer

<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis
No, but if you get over to the XDA Developers forums I'm pretty sure they've ported it to the HD2.

Microsoft has very stringent hardware specs for WP7 so there'll be no upgrades from older devices. Nevertheless it looks incredibly clean and speedy and I'm glad they've finally managed to bridge their different brands into one device. When it comes to upgrading my Pre next year I'm going to have a headache on my hands.
<A88> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 13:15   #6
mars-bar-man
Side bewb.

mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by <A88> View Post
No, but if you get over to the XDA Developers forums I'm pretty sure they've ported it to the HD2.

Microsoft has very stringent hardware specs for WP7 so there'll be no upgrades from older devices. Nevertheless it looks incredibly clean and speedy and I'm glad they've finally managed to bridge their different brands into one device. When it comes to upgrading my Pre next year I'm going to have a headache on my hands.
Looks like I may be doing that then, shame really. I believe the HD2 specs are enough to run WinMo7, but oh well. Over to XDA I go then.
Old 12th Oct 2010, 13:23   #7
<A88>
Trust the Computer

<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis
Yeah you're right, the specs are fine, it's more just the softkey requirements- there's no dedicated search button for example, but you could easily use one of the others.
Old 12th Oct 2010, 13:40   #8
Matticus

Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.
Orange better not molest it with any stupid branding. I will never forgive them for deflowering my Desire. *shakes fist*.

I need to get my hands on one of these phones though, might have enough money soon to just buy one outright, need to get developing for it!
Old 12th Oct 2010, 13:46   #9
Xonar
Hypermodder

Xonar has yet to learn the way of the DremelXonar has yet to learn the way of the DremelXonar has yet to learn the way of the DremelXonar has yet to learn the way of the DremelXonar has yet to learn the way of the DremelXonar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Been looking forward to this release for ages, definitely going to be replacing my iPhone with a HD7 soon as they hit the shelves
Xonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 14:20   #10
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus
Orange better not molest it with any stupid branding. I will never forgive them for deflowering my Desire. *shakes fist*.
They will, it's their way to completely ruin every phone they get their hands on with branding and crap. All you can hope for is that it's less rather than more.
Old 12th Oct 2010, 14:41   #11
Sanzy
Multimodder

Sanzy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The windows 7 does look interesting i just hope that they sort out some of the features which are missing.
Sanzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 15:14   #12
<A88>
Trust the Computer

Copy & Paste is coming early 2011, hopefuly mutlitasking will follow soon enough.
Old 12th Oct 2010, 18:46   #13
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming Saiyan
A well timed release? or should it really have taken almost a year (to the day) since Win 7 was released. Might pop down to Orange Retail to have a butchers
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 19:02   #14
ocha
Supermodder

ocha has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus
They will, it's their way to completely ruin every phone they get their hands on with branding and crap. All you can hope for is that it's less rather than more.
With WP7 it's very hard to kill the UI with operator branding. At most they can change the tile colour / backgrounding colours, both of which you can change and load on their own applications, which you SHOULD be able to delete
ocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 19:10   #15
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It makes the iPhone look almost old. An excellent piece of work by Microsoft's design team.
Nexxo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 19:21   #16
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
So what about the people, who screamed at Apple for not allowing any modifications to their iOS, or not allowing any other software on their device that's not officially approved and bought through iTunes?

Microsoft does exactly the same with WinMo7 now *lmfao*

Oh you gotta love the world, when it's black and white, without any shades of grey... do you?

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 21:17   #17
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
As mentions Copy & Paste is coming in early 2011 (from Microsoft).
And Flash will follow soon after Windows Phone 7 is release (from Microsoft).
I guess, Adobe is still working on it, or started to work on it (maybe it was a topic in that secret meeting they did).

True Multi-tasking will come if there is a real demand after the phone is release, it would be interesting to see what Microsoft has implemented now... if anything. Rumor was saying that they wont' be multitasking but if you have an application that plays music/internet radio, your can do other stuff on the phone while it plays. I don't know if that was implemented or not (just rumors).

One thing that will be missing, is HTML5 support from IE. I have no read any news on when it will be implemented.. maybe at it's first SP (if they do Service Packs like they do in Windows)?

It is cool that they included the ability to track your lost phone (and I think even remotely delete everything), like the iPhone. And that you only need to log-in once to all your social network at one place, and that is all you need.

The Zune software integration was a nice idea... At least it brings everything onto 1 software, like what Apple does very well (everything integrated well to iTunes). Zune software is a very nice multimedia software (massacre iTunes in all aspects) , and I think it needs to be given a look by everyone. What I like about it, is that you don't need serious power to run it, as you can cut down on the visuals in the program options. And when you play a music, it really puts the artist into value. Like you see the album art playing as a very nice slide show, and you can get more info on the artists, and even get songs/artists that was inspired or related.

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
GoodBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 22:34   #18
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
Zune ain't even out in uk so can't say I've checked out software

We will see on this

Apple and Microsoft both a locked platform only android not not a big surprise

iTunes vs zune
Apple vs ms

Let fanboy wars commends
rollo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 22:43   #19
ocha
Supermodder

ocha has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Zune software is out in the UK now, zune marketplace and zune pass are also working now I believe
ocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 23:20   #20
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Zune ain't even out in uk so can't say I've checked out software
it should be out. You have 14-day trial of the Zune pass if you want.
Software (32 and 64-bit available): http://www.zune.net/en-US/products/s...ad/default.htm
Your lucky, you have music marketplace and Zune pass... all we have in Canada is to be able to purchase Music Video's... so we have Music videos... but no music.... get your head around THAT! Anyway, I still use the Zune software to manage my music, and well sync my Zune 120.

Quote:
iTunes vs zune
Actually anything beats iTunes. It's really not hard to do.

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
GoodBytes is offline   Reply With Quote