bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 12th Oct 2010, 16:18   #1
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
Medal of Honor Review

We take a look at Medal of Honor's gameplay on the PC to see what awards it really deserves.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/20...honor-review/1
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 16:24   #2
Stewb
Hypermodder

Stewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow... that review was possibly the most negative I've read here, bar the Silent Hunter one

Removes from possible buy list
Stewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 16:31   #3
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Huh. Sounds just like the Bland of Bland with extra Bland I expected it to be.

Cheers, Bit-Tech, for reinforcing my beliefs with a nice review!
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 16:35   #4
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
bland, unoriginal and dull, sounds like it was made for the console market

oh wait.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 16:35   #5
dactone
dact-one

dactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
hahaha ! looks like im left with black ops to look foward to then' wont be buying this .
Old 12th Oct 2010, 16:35   #6
Hovis
Supermodder

Hovis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Turret sequences need to die in a fire. They were the bane of Red Dead Redemption as well.
Hovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 16:37   #7
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
I really hate FPS games atm. I full believe a game should stand up on merit of single player alone yet every FPS game of recent is an "online mulitplayer experience" with single player bolted on. Developers are spending no time fixing storylines or offering up challanges. I miss the days of timesplitters where you had random challanges or half life where you had an epic story. How many more online based shooters can this market take?
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 16:38   #8
Canon
Reformed

Canon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for president
It's broke.
Old 12th Oct 2010, 16:39   #9
Kempas
What's a Dremel?

Kempas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice review Joe - a good read on, obviously, a game to forget.
Kempas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 16:39   #10
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
So you enjoyed it immensly then Joe?
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 16:40   #11
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauul
So you enjoyed it immensly then Joe?
Game of the Year

The alternate opening to this article was a long-winded apology for the fact that I ran out of synonyms for 'bland' and 'boring as shite' at around halfway through the second page

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 16:42   #12
Unknownsock
Supermodder

Unknownsock has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Of course, to make the AI actually do that then youíll need to kill everybody yourself beforehand, as the NPCs are apparently incapable of doing anything for themselves."

Isn't that the same with almost all games? And the same old problem that every NPC only seems to attack you. And its pretty much the same as COD, waves and waves of enemies until you take that extra step.

I'll be buying this for MP atleast.
Unknownsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 16:44   #13
bogie170
Supermodder

bogie170 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Damn, I cant cancel mine, its in packing.
bogie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 17:12   #14
Havalynii
What's a Dremel?

Havalynii has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just a quibble, tracers are still real bullets that kill the target, they just have an additional chemical compound to show the path of the soldier's fire. Perhaps you meant blanks?
Havalynii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 17:21   #15
Zurechial
Elitist

Zurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run Crysis
pwnt.

This review confirms what I had been expecting from this game and I find it satisfying to see it getting some strong criticism.
Now if only the unwashed masses would actually pay attention and comment with their wallets instead of mindlessly buying whatever crap the publishers serve up to them we'd really be getting somewhere..

It'll be funny to see how many 9/10 reviews it gets from the usual industry sycophants elsewhere.
Old 12th Oct 2010, 17:24   #16
digitaldunc
I'm d-d-d-d-digital

digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
"Itís all a load of rubbish, really, all of it. The action, the graphics, the stability, the marketing push that has seen EA label the Medal of Honor series as a way to honour the armed forces, the spelling of ĎHonorí; itís all rubbish. "

I had to do a double take on the first few lines as I don't think I've read such a vitriolic review on here before...

Fair enough, if it's crap then it's crap... I suspected as much anyway.

I'd agree on the point that the genre is tired and in need of something new.

I have my doubts the latest implementation of "modern shovelware" will be particularly impressive, as well.
Event-horizon: i7 2600K @ 4.5 @ ~1.3v | 16Gb Corsair Vengeance @ 1866 9-10-9-24-2T | 2 x 580 1.5Gb (SLI) 772/1002 | Asus P8P67 Deluxe | Crucial M4 256Gb | Spinpoint F3 1TB | Corsair HX1000 | ZM-MFC1 Fan controller | XSPC Dual res | 2 x DDC 18W | Black ice stealth 360 | ThermoChill PA120.4 | EK Supreme HF Nickel | 2 x EK 580 Plexi | 7 x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1450RPM | Modded TJ07
digitaldunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 17:25   #17
Mattmc91
Ultramodder

Mattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaldunc View Post
"Itís all a load of rubbish, really, all of it. The action, the graphics, the stability, the marketing push that has seen EA label the Medal of Honor series as a way to honour the armed forces, the spelling of ĎHonorí; itís all rubbish. "

I had to do a double take on the first few lines as I don't think I've read such a vitriolic review on here before...

Fair enough, if it's crap then it's crap... I suspected as much anyway.

I'd agree on the point that the genre is tired and in need of something new.

I have my doubts the latest implementation of "modern shovelware" will be particularly impressive, as well.
The whole games industry needs a kicking, more change is needed, every game is like every other.

Are we stuck?
Mattmc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 17:27   #18
Doctor Hades
Dreamer

Doctor Hades has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have to say that I'm personally sick to death of all these samey me-too military-themed first-person shooters; once you've played one you've pretty much played them all. The single player component is frequently short but forgettable and most of the effort goes into the multiplayer, which I have little interest in anyway as they're all the same thing; run around a constantly repeating map, shoot people, die, respawn and repeat until session is over. I can't think of anything more boring.

The summing up paragraph of that review says it all really. I had no interest in Medal of Honor (or Call of Duty: Black Ops for that matter) before I read the review and I have even less after! I'll save my money for more entertaining and interesting games, thank you, EA.
Doctor Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Oct 2010, 17:30   #19
Saivert
Supermodder

Saivert has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I find it funny that EA managed to dupe you guys who ordered it.
Guess money isn't that tight after all.
Old 12th Oct 2010, 17:37   #20
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattmc91
Are we stuck?
Aside from the occasional flare of swiftly ignored brilliance, we've been stuck since the mid-90s.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote