bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 15th Oct 2010, 12:44   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Bit-tech to be at London International Technology show

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/modding...ch-needs-you/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2010, 12:54   #2
flibblesan
Destroyer

flibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
'Grandad isn't dead yet!': Extending the life of elderly PC hardware. From NAS boxes to web servers, media boxes to Linux boxes. Old hardware still has a use today.

edit: oh.. games

Last edited by flibblesan; 15th Oct 2010 at 13:05.
flibblesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2010, 13:01   #3
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Games!

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2010, 13:03   #4
roblikesbeer
Bindi's sex slave.

roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roblikesbeer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
They should have called it the Central London International Technology Show for acronym fun times but then I suppose non of the geeks would have been able to find it
Intel Core i5 3570K Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 OC edition 256Gb Crucial M4 2Tb Seagate ST2000DM001 Win 7 Home Premium 64bit Hiper Osiris case 1440x900 19" Monitor Xbox 360 Elite
roblikesbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2010, 13:05   #5
flibblesan
Destroyer

flibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by roblikesbeer View Post
They should have called it the Central London International Technology Show for acronym fun times but then I suppose non of the geeks would have been able to find it
You win one internets and a deluxe cheesecake
flibblesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2010, 13:19   #6
Nedsbeds
Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I suppose a pertinent seminar for yourselves might be along the lines of "interpreting and comparing benchmarks from technology sites"
Could talk about common methods of preparing benchmarks, how they relate to real world performance...
Also, talk about comparing specifications of similar products as well and how they don't neccessarily relate directly to overall performance
Nedsbeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2010, 13:22   #7
crash32953295@msn.
Supermodder

crash32953295@msn. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Dating advice and how to get the girl,

plus cheesecake judging competition and making seminar
crash32953295@msn. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2010, 13:29   #8
maximus09
Forever n00b

maximus09 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
overclocking and gaming competitions!!!
Old 15th Oct 2010, 13:32   #9
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
How to be as knowledgeable as Nexxo, collect as much p0rn as Mankz and how to become the deity of your own religion like Relix?

Oh, and how to be as miserable as Spec
Old 15th Oct 2010, 13:39   #10
nemo
Foregone Destruction

nemo has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnemo has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnemo has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnemo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'd like to see examples of the current CPC Budget/Mid-price/Performance/Crazy-but-cool pcs running some graphically intensive games (B:BC, Crysis, Dirt, Stalker COP) with maxed out settings on big 55 inch LED displays

CPU : Intel Core i7 930 / Mobo: Asus P6TSE / RAM : 6gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 8-8-8-24 / Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870 1gb / CpuCool: Titan Fenrir Xmas / PSU: Antec True Power New TP-650 / 1Tb F3 / Mouse : Logitech G7 Wireless / Case : Fractal Design Define R2 Silver Arrow / OS : Windws 7 Ultimate / Firefox
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2010, 13:44   #11
Evolutionsic
Gives credit where its due

Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.
Could catch a train, would be a little fun adventure!
Evolutionsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2010, 13:48   #12
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Do a session on building a system that can actually play Crysis on full settings.

Sorry, I'll get my coat.
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2010, 14:00   #13
Teknokid
Ultramodder

Teknokid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Teknokid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Teknokid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Teknokid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Teknokid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Teknokid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Teknokid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Teknokid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Teknokid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Teknokid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Teknokid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
One of the most common n00b problems has got to be going for a cheap nasty PSU..

Could Bit-tech do some demo's of why more expensive PSU's are better - maybe show the output voltages, efficiency (2 systems run side by side), and maybe blow one up?
Teknokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2010, 14:32   #14
ErebusUK
What's a Dremel?

ErebusUK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Seeing as so many wi-fi networks are unsecure, why not do a seminar on security telling people not to be so dumb with easy password and unsecure personal information. Could also follow up with a talk about viruses on both prevention and cure of common problems so noobs are left feeling like this when there computer seemingly outsmarts them
ErebusUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2010, 14:45   #15
Infiniti
i modded the wheel!

Infiniti has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i agree with you teknoid... cheap psu's = house fires!!!
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2010, 15:35   #16
Kenny_McCormick
Supermodder

Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kenny_McCormick - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Live modding cheesecake!!
Old 15th Oct 2010, 15:39   #17
pistol_pete
Air Cooled Fool

pistol_pete has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpistol_pete has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpistol_pete has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpistol_pete has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why not have a 'build your own' pc hands on experience? Get some old/cheap bits and let noobs(ie, the public) have a go at assembling a system, with some advice on hand. Show them how easy it is, and a pc isn't just a box with magic inside. Educational and interactive.
- Q6600 G0(9x333) -- Asus P5k Premium -- 4GB Ballistix DDR2-800 -- EVGA GTX570 -- OCZ Vertex 2E 128GB -- 500GB Samsung F2 -- Antec Truepower New 650W -- Samsung Syncmaster 206BW -- Razer Lycosa, DeathAdder, and Destructor -- Custom Buitl Watercooled Case --

Pistol Pete's Project Perspiration Project Log
pistol_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2010, 15:43   #18
DarkBanana
Multimodder

DarkBanana has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's a tech conference so how about how to computerise your house? Central steaming of media and internet to various devices, computer controlled lighting and that sort of thing. Could raise some very interesting hardware and software points
DarkBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2010, 16:12   #19
pimlicosound
Multimodder

pimlicosound has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Compu-Conkers" - in the spirit of Autumn, run a giant game of computer conkers, attaching different tech to big pendulums and swinging them at each other to see which is the toughest device in the playground.
pimlicosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2010, 16:33   #20
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol_pete
Why not have a 'build your own' pc hands on experience? Get some old/cheap bits and let noobs(ie, the public) have a go at assembling a system, with some advice on hand. Show them how easy it is, and a pc isn't just a box with magic inside. Educational and interactive.
that is a bloody good idea
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote