bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 29th Oct 2010, 21:26   #1
Hannes
Design | Art | Performance

Hannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Theory | By Hannes ["What? Is this still on?" 22st.February.2014]

Theory | By Hannes

Creativity is neither a strategy nor a form of sublimation to deal with madness. Madness is merely creativity thwarted by society, a label created by society in order to imprison its visionaries.

A brief introduction, an epilogue to the next air-cooled construction. Theory | By Hannes will be clearly inspired by Carl Axel Olsson's work. He is a person who meant a lot for my creative develpoment and by that also had ā great impact on the person I am today. I will show off some of his works and then also use them in my design of the construction process. I will include much of his style in this building as a tribute to a great mentor.

The case itself, I will not do much with the outside, Lian Li has just about exact perfection in this chassis, but a lot will be done on the inside. Firstly, I'll powder-coat the inside black. I will be working a lot of revising their designs to something more clean, and then implement the art that I and many others Swedish "västeråsare" grown up with.

I have some problems with the color scheme of this building and because of that I will not talk much about it yet, but if you have any creative suggestions and I'll be more than happy to hear from you, and reflect a bit about them. My problem is so far that you can't get the sleeves in the color I want to use with this chassis. Sleeve is something that I've seen as a must so far in all my builds, maybe it's time to look for other methods. Or maybe someone *cough* Nils *cough* have some insight on new colored sleeves.

Traditionally, the enthusiast building always either incredibly impressive with cut-out details or elaborate engravings, or they are classy and almost minimalist with an incredible balance between what is necessary and what is "just for show" with millimeter performance and execution. I will not go away quite as far from it as I've done with the Echo, it is enough with the love-hate relationship between it and me to last a lifetime. No, I will keep the building clean, but also include the influences that I think is needed in computer-building: Sculptures. Sculpting the chassis is something I wanted to wait for until my Singularity build, which will be in an V1010 or V2010, but it's something I think I can implement in this construction aswell, by the inspiration of Carl Axel Olsson's art.

Last edited by Hannes; 22nd Feb 2014 at 21:03.
Hannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2010, 00:49   #2
Hannes

Hannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

Last edited by Hannes; 19th Dec 2010 at 14:20.
Old 30th Oct 2010, 00:55   #3
Gtek
Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Looking forward for your art in this project... good luck
Old 30th Oct 2010, 01:09   #4
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
^^ Me too .
Very impressed with the introduction & the picture post method I've not seen before, this looks classy & original, subscribed .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2010, 01:55   #5
Paradox42
Modder

Paradox42 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
^^ Me three... Look forward to any updates!
Old 30th Oct 2010, 02:01   #6
Hannes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtek View Post
Looking forward for your art in this project... good luck
Thanks bro! I'll be right at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
^^ Me too .
Very impressed with the introduction & the picture post method I've not seen before, this looks classy & original, subscribed .
Good thing you like it. :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox42 View Post
^^ Me three... Look forward to any updates!
There'll be updates.
Old 30th Oct 2010, 02:02   #7
Mechh69
I think we can make that fit

Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.
This looks Very interesting I am looking forward to see how you will incorporate art in to this build!
Subbed

i7 920@3.8Ghz,EVGA E760 Classified, Corsair XMS3 X 6GB 1600, Kingston Hyper X 12GB 1600, 240GB OCZ Agility 4, MSI 660TI 3GB, BFG 260 GTX Core 216 for PHYSX, Thermaltake Armor+, BFG EX1200 PS, Scythe Mugen 2 Cpu cooler, Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ, Nvidia 3D Glasses
Mechh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Oct 2010, 02:48   #8
Hannes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechh69 View Post
This looks Very interesting I am looking forward to see how you will incorporate art in to this build!
Subbed
I'll try not to disappoint.
Old 2nd Nov 2010, 20:09   #9
Mork
Multimodder

Mork has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ooh, this one caught my interest. definetly keeping an eye on this one!
Mork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2010, 13:26   #10
Hannes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mork View Post
Ooh, this one caught my interest. definetly keeping an eye on this one!
I'll give you some goodies next week. I'm beginning with the hardmodding and I'll be buying the material I'll need and start cutting them out. I've also recieved new sponsors which will make this project far more awesome than it would have been without them.

Stay tuned for more next week!
Old 7th Nov 2010, 17:21   #11
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Razer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
awesome. a mod with sponsors must be good! i'll be watching this one.
------------------------------------------------------
Razer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2010, 17:33   #12
Hannes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer2007 View Post
awesome. a mod with sponsors must be good! i'll be watching this one.
Appreciated. And sponsors do make it easier for us to focus on what we do best.. Which is .
Old 7th Nov 2010, 18:55   #13
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Razer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
yep yep. today I was actually glad I didn't get sponsored on a thing, bacause I made a better one! power switch. take a look at it. in my sig.

Are you a grandpa?
Old 9th Nov 2010, 19:30   #14
Hannes

Quote:
yep yep. today I was actually glad I didn't get sponsored on a thing, bacause I made a better one! power switch. take a look at it. in my sig.

Are you a grandpa?
Of course you shouldn't just accept sponsorship because of free-stuff. As it isn't really free. You should also be positive that you like the components and that you thrust the company that sells or make 'em.

I'm not an grandpa no. :-P I've dedicate this build to him as a tribute. He's a great artist (Atleast in my eyes) and he's a great inspiration for me.
Old 9th Nov 2010, 20:07   #15
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Oh i see. didn't understand it properly. lol. that's nice to dedicate a build to someone.
Old 9th Nov 2010, 20:09   #16
Hannes

Quote:
Oh i see. didn't understand it properly. lol. that's nice to dedicate a build to someone.
It sure makes you wanna do a great job atleast!

I've begun to dremel the case a bit and I've chopped it down to pieces. I'm going to powdercoat it and I'll be doing some plates too.
Old 9th Nov 2010, 20:36   #17
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Sweet, powdercoating! Looks like this mod will be no compromise.
Old 16th Nov 2010, 06:35   #18
Hannes

Quote:
Sweet, powdercoating! Looks like this mod will be no compromise.
I'll work real hard to make it no compromise!

The other sponsor I've talked about is ASUS who sponsors with a ASUS Crosshair IV Formula, a real kick ass motherboard that I'll love to play with.
Old 16th Nov 2010, 12:01   #19
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Nice .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2010, 19:57   #20
jprykov
Minimodder

jprykov has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
amazing!!! i like how you present your project! you are one talented guy!
jprykov is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode