bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 2nd Oct 2011, 04:46   #281
dogknees
Multimodder

dogknees has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldogknees has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldogknees has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldogknees has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldogknees has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldogknees has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldogknees has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Sweet. -Going to use milk for coolant.
I'm looking forward to more 'postcards' from you.
Cool! A combination PC and Yoghurt Maker. Just what the world needs!

Nice mod Hannes. Great to see something that's not glowing green or blue. Despite my comment above, I really like the white coolant. It's a nice cool (As in temperature) look for coolant.

Last edited by dogknees; 2nd Oct 2011 at 04:56.
dogknees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Oct 2011, 10:03   #282
Hannes
Design | Art | Performance

Hannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogknees View Post
Cool! A combination PC and Yoghurt Maker. Just what the world needs!

Nice mod Hannes. Great to see something that's not glowing green or blue. Despite my comment above, I really like the white coolant. It's a nice cool (As in temperature) look for coolant.
lol, thank you!
Hannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Oct 2011, 13:16   #283
peteski
long live the pc

peteski has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes View Post
hi there hannes id just like to say grate job so far. and i realy like your sleeving i cant wait to get my new 100% modular psu (not sure what one) so i can do some first time sleeving
peteski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Oct 2011, 15:09   #284
Hannes

Hannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteski View Post
hi there hannes id just like to say grate job so far. and i realy like your sleeving i cant wait to get my new 100% modular psu (not sure what one) so i can do some first time sleeving
Good luck mate! The composition is inspired (Stolen, ahem) from Xien16. An amazing PC-artist.
Old 5th Oct 2011, 21:54   #285
Hannes

Last edited by Hannes; 5th Oct 2011 at 22:07.
Old 5th Oct 2011, 21:56   #286
Roboduck
01110001 01110101 01100001 01100011

Roboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run CrysisRoboduck can run Crysis
So awesome....
+rep
Roboduck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Oct 2011, 22:59   #287
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
So nice, that coolant... How about painting or sandblasting the back side of that piece of acrylic covering the 5.25" rack, to make it match the colour of the coolant?

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Oct 2011, 23:43   #288
Hannes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboduck View Post
So awesome....
+rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
So nice, that coolant... How about painting or sandblasting the back side of that piece of acrylic covering the 5.25" rack, to make it match the colour of the coolant?
I don't have access to a gentle enough blaster. The one I've used bent aluminum. But I'll probably paint it like thw floorpanel. :-)
Old 6th Oct 2011, 00:24   #289
Nutman

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Well, sanding it with grit 1500 could also achieve roughly the same result - OR, just paint the backside of it with thinned white spraypaint.

Old 6th Oct 2011, 01:53   #290
aRkangeL
MegaRUSH

aRkangeL has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome job man!

This fluid looking great, and fits perfect on your build!
Old 6th Oct 2011, 03:04   #291
craig - toyoracer
Supermodder

craig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysis
Just love milk and this whole build. Doing it in your one of a kind style.

Looking very good Hannes.
Old 6th Oct 2011, 08:16   #292
Hannes

Quote:
Well, sanding it with grit 1500 could also achieve roughly the same result - OR, just paint the backside of it with thinned white spraypaint.
As I did on the floor
Old 6th Oct 2011, 19:16   #293
peteski
long live the pc

peteski has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
looking sweet hannes

+rep
Old 7th Oct 2011, 11:46   #294
Hannes

Thank you Peteski! :-D
Old 7th Oct 2011, 12:24   #295
asura
jack of all trades

asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.
Frosting wheel for the acrylic? It's designed for soft metals (Ag, Au, Cu) so the one linked may be a bit aggressive, softer/finer/smaller wheels including 2.35mm shanked are also available.

Is there any way to get a *horribly* tight bend radius from the link at the bottom of the reservoir? Through the acrylic sheet, horrible bend, back out the acrylic and to the GPU block in one piece of tubing... or would it look too much like a Nike "swish"?

I keep wandering if you have something planed for the centre of your spread V8...

Simply gorgeous by the way - I love the three tone sleeving.
asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2011, 14:10   #296
Hannes

Quote:
Originally Posted by asura View Post
Frosting wheel for the acrylic? It's designed for soft metals (Ag, Au, Cu) so the one linked may be a bit aggressive, softer/finer/smaller wheels including 2.35mm shanked are also available.

Is there any way to get a *horribly* tight bend radius from the link at the bottom of the reservoir? Through the acrylic sheet, horrible bend, back out the acrylic and to the GPU block in one piece of tubing... or would it look too much like a Nike "swish"?

I keep wandering if you have something planed for the centre of your spread V8...

Simply gorgeous by the way - I love the three tone sleeving.
That may be a way to do it. It'll probably look cool frosted instead of painted. If I frost the plexi, I'll need to do the same thing to the floor.

Actually, the link between the reservoar and GPU is only temporary. It will be Reservoar, pump, rad, GPU.

I do not have anything planned, but maybe you have some food for thought. :-)

Thanks, man!
Old 7th Oct 2011, 14:27   #297
Nutman

Hm.... looking at the painted floor, I actually think the 5.25" rack-hiding plate would look better when painted. When frosted, you would still be able to see slightly through it, but the painted floor matches the "milk-filled" reservoir perfectly as it is right now - so, I vote for painting.

Old 7th Oct 2011, 15:05   #298
kelvinb
BF3 Username - D0rmarth

kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Nice build,

my suggestion on the build would be have you thought about mounting an LED in the side of your plexi as I think the effect would look great on this build.

P.S - Please share some of your tips in how to get a clean looking build can never seem to get mine looking the way I would like
kelvinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2011, 15:09   #299
Hannes

Quote:
Hm.... looking at the painted floor, I actually think the 5.25" rack-hiding plate would look better when painted. When frosted, you would still be able to see slightly through it, but the painted floor matches the "milk-filled" reservoir perfectly as it is right now - so, I vote for painting.
I like that. Looks better with less work. I'll match the paint-design, so the whole plate won't be painted. I'll do a similiar roof thing, as the floor. Or should I do it in an other material? Like Mesh or brushed aluminum?
Old 7th Oct 2011, 15:16   #300
Hannes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinb View Post
Nice build,

my suggestion on the build would be have you thought about mounting an LED in the side of your plexi as I think the effect would look great on this build.

P.S - Please share some of your tips in how to get a clean looking build can never seem to get mine looking the way I would like
I'm going to have a Lian Li Ledstrip (damn thing cost like $30) mounted in an approximately 45 degree angle from under the floor panel. Illuminating the hardware. :-)

Well, I don't know.. Try to have a thought with everything you do, and you should have a slight case of OCD. ^^,

View Mode