bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 7th Oct 2011, 15:17   #301
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
How about still using back-painted acrylic for the top, but putting a black mesh in front of it, so you can see the white acrylic through the mesh? And then, as kelvinb mentioned, lighten up the sides of the roof acrylic plate - either with LEDs or CCFLs (which I would prefer, because the light spreads better), If you seal the CCFLs so they can only spread their light INTO the acrylic roof, the roof would lighten up the inside of the case from the top nice and even - and, would look cool through the mesh layer, I think. But it'll take some work....

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2011, 15:21   #302
kelvinb
BF3 Username - D0rmarth

kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!kelvinb - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I must agree with Nutman would take some work but I think it would just bring that something to the build

I must admit I do like a nice light effect but do prefer to play with light and shade in my builds rather than try for a disco effect !! No offence to those that have them lol
kelvinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2011, 15:32   #303
Hannes
Design | Art | Performance

Hannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
How about still using back-painted acrylic for the top, but putting a black mesh in front of it, so you can see the white acrylic through the mesh? And then, as kelvinb mentioned, lighten up the sides of the roof acrylic plate - either with LEDs or CCFLs (which I would prefer, because the light spreads better), If you seal the CCFLs so they can only spread their light INTO the acrylic roof, the roof would lighten up the inside of the case from the top nice and even - and, would look cool through the mesh layer, I think. But it'll take some work....
Mesh and Acrylics huh. I had that in mind for the floor panel actually. To have mesh going from the PCI holes in the case to the end of the motherboard in a ______/ form. But I don't really know bout that now as I like how the components reflects in the plexi.

I'll look into the possibility of doing what you say, but I'm not sure if I like the idea yet. I'm not all that for lights and such and when illuminating through underneath the mesh it might look.. I don't know.. Cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinb View Post
I must agree with Nutman would take some work but I think it would just bring that something to the build
Are you implying that my build lack that something? Nah, I just kidd you man. It sure would add something, It's just that I'm not sure if it's what I like.
Hannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Oct 2011, 10:14   #304
Hannes

Hannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hey Guys! You should check out my Google+ and at the same time watch my videoupdate I've posted there. You'll be able to see all the flaws and **** that I'm able to hide while photographing. Don't miss this chance to really see my build in a new light and.. Ehm, I hope you don't find to many things because it's already hard enough to build as it is. :-D Also, I promise you puppies!

I hope you like it and while you're at it, why not add me to your circle. :-)

Last edited by Hannes; 9th Oct 2011 at 15:30.
Old 9th Oct 2011, 10:47   #305
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Razer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Google+ says I'm underage :\
------------------------------------------------------
Razer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Oct 2011, 12:41   #306
Hannes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer2007 View Post

Last edited by Hannes; 9th Oct 2011 at 12:45. Reason: double post
Old 9th Oct 2011, 12:44   #307
Hannes

Quote:
Alright. Only for your sake.
link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io_EekoSniQ
Old 9th Oct 2011, 13:25   #308
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes View Post

i liked it alot but it would have been nice to see the wc alive , you seem to be a petfriend aswell and that was some wounderful dogs, so quiet and nice behaviour!

Last edited by KoSoVaR^; 9th Oct 2011 at 13:35.
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Oct 2011, 14:51   #309
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Razer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes View Post
That's nice of you

+rep

Last edited by Razer2007; 9th Oct 2011 at 16:30.
Old 9th Oct 2011, 15:43   #310
Hannes

Quote:
That's nice of you

+rep
Thank you, I hope you liked it!
Old 9th Oct 2011, 16:31   #311
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Yeah definitely, and I like you fish tank too :P
Old 9th Oct 2011, 16:33   #312
Hannes

Quote:
Yeah definitely, and I like you fish tank too :P
Hehe, it's neat.
Old 10th Oct 2011, 12:23   #313
Nutman

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Yeah, really nice video and cool build, too.
Plus, I loved the (few) pictures of the Cl[M]ean Machine - why was this one not on million-dollar-pc.com? It's sooo much better looking than many of the builds there...

Old 10th Oct 2011, 12:25   #314
Nutman

Linkfix(es):

Old 10th Oct 2011, 12:28   #315
Hannes

Quote:
Yeah, really nice video and cool build, too.
Plus, I loved the (few) pictures of the Cl[M]ean Machine - why was this one not on million-dollar-pc.com? It's sooo much better looking than many of the builds there...
You're to kind. It's not that good. Besides, some of the MDPCs are old and therefor not holding the same standard as the newer. That doesn't mean that they're were not awesome when they were elected.

Since I can point out a million things that I would have done differently on CL[M].. now then it's not really, really - Reeally that great of a build. :-) Your Nutman build is way more well built.
Old 10th Oct 2011, 13:34   #316
Nutman

Well, nothing bad to see on those pictures. If not for the buidl quality itself, then it should at least be featured there because of the photography skills - very good pictures.

Old 10th Oct 2011, 13:39   #317
Hannes

Quote:
Well, nothing bad to see on those pictures. If not for the buidl quality itself, then it should at least be featured there because of the photography skills - very good pictures.
There's zip-ties, the plexi floor doesn't fit a 100% (I could have also changed the floorpanel instead of just plating it). Let's just say that there's alot that could have been done better. :-P The pictures are photoshoped, which the ones in this project rarely is.
Old 10th Oct 2011, 15:28   #318
SleepyMatt
Minimodder

SleepyMatt has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice video Hannes! It's funny, the cooler somehow looks bigger in the video than in the still shots, and really is the centrepiece of the build when you see it in the case. The whole thing is looking really classy!
SleepyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2011, 19:26   #319
alternativesurfer
What's a Dremel?

alternativesurfer has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Loving this build so far
Have you thought about an opaque ]cover for the 5.25" drive bays opposed to the clear one you currently have?
alternativesurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2011, 19:49   #320
Hannes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMatt View Post
Nice video Hannes! It's funny, the cooler somehow looks bigger in the video than in the still shots, and really is the centrepiece of the build when you see it in the case. The whole thing is looking really classy!
Thank you Matt! That is exactly how I want it to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativesurfer View Post
Loving this build so far
Have you thought about an opaque ]cover for the 5.25" drive bays opposed to the clear one you currently have?
I believe that I've discussed it here already. I'll probably paint it in the same design as the floorpanel.

View Mode