bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 31st Jan 2011, 07:56   #161
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
Ok, even I'll admit that's just damn awesome.

Even with the single-sleeved cables?

I love it! The cooler ist one of the most amazing piecs of modding I've ever seen.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2011, 09:26   #162
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes View Post
They mass-manufacture their parts so he couldn't do that. The reason why I'll not lc the cpu is quite obvious isn't it? :-P I have this viewtiful customized V8 to cool the CPU. :-)
Hm, going passive, although it's a huge cooler, could be troublesome. Have you tested it before putting it into the case?

PS: Too bad about Eddy not being able to deliver a white Delrin top for your blocks.

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2011, 11:41   #163
Hannes
Design | Art | Performance

Hannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by perplekks45 View Post
Even with the single-sleeved cables?

I love it! The cooler ist one of the most amazing piecs of modding I've ever seen.
Thank you Perplekks45! :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
Hm, going passive, although it's a huge cooler, could be troublesome. Have you tested it before putting it into the case?

PS: Too bad about Eddy not being able to deliver a white Delrin top for your blocks.
It'll probably not be optimal - but It'll look awesome and that's what I care about.
Hannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2011, 14:06   #164
TimtomNL
What's a Dremel?

TimtomNL has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The Cooler Master V8 looks amazing in combination with youre mobo!
TimtomNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2011, 15:13   #165
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Love what you did with the cooler!
Although slightly worried it was so easy
Old 31st Jan 2011, 16:13   #166
Hannes

Hannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It probably have that faceplate holding it together for a reason. :-p Nah, it seems sturdy enough. :-) some force was applied, but not that much. :-p guess it's relative.

Last edited by Hannes; 2nd Feb 2011 at 08:28.
Old 1st Feb 2011, 22:28   #167
Hannes

New sponsor! EkWaterblocks!
Old 1st Feb 2011, 23:14   #168
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Looks nice what I can see of it Hannes & congrats on another sponsor .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2011, 23:22   #169
Nutman

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
So, you're not supposed to be able to see the LEDs when they're turned off?

Old 2nd Feb 2011, 07:27   #170
Hannes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Looks nice what I can see of it Hannes & congrats on another sponsor .
Thank you bro! :-)

Quote:
So, you're not supposed to be able to see the LEDs when they're turned off?
Well, they'll be in the floor and I'm thinking of sleeving the flexlight, so I guess that you'll not be able to see it, if you don't look at it from above or some other freaky angle.
Old 2nd Feb 2011, 08:02   #171
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Congratulations on the new sponsor Hannes If you can capture the same lighting style in the case as you do in your pictures it should look utterly fantastic
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2011, 08:22   #172
Nutman

Oh, so they're not put into the floor yet?
I thought you had only drilled half-way through to keep them from popping out when seen from above.
Of course, this wouldn't make them illuminate the motherboard, but I thought you were going to use them for illuminating the floor - I must have misunderstood your intentions.

However, very nice work. Needless to say, the photography is out of this world, I CRAVE that colour scheme and everything else seems to be very, very close to perfection.

Nice job!

Old 2nd Feb 2011, 08:23   #173
Hannes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
Congratulations on the new sponsor Hannes If you can capture the same lighting style in the case as you do in your pictures it should look utterly fantastic
Hi bro! Already tested and it looks sweet. :-)

Quote:
Oh, so they're not put into the floor yet?
I thought you had only drilled half-way through to keep them from popping out when seen from above.
Of course, this wouldn't make them illuminate the motherboard, but I thought you were going to use them for illuminating the floor - I must have misunderstood your intentions.

However, very nice work. Needless to say, the photography is out of this world, I CRAVE that colour scheme and everything else seems to be very, very close to perfection.

Nice job!
If you look - I haven't painted the floor all the way out. The leds will be there. :-) It'll illuminate the motherboard and the other components while also making some shadows appear, but not to many. :-P

Thank you bro, much appreciated. :-)
Old 2nd Feb 2011, 09:02   #174
Nutman

Just a quick rant about the motherboard - not directed towards you, but just a teeny-weeny "WTF?" towards the manufacturer:

Why on God's earth do they try so hard to make an aesthetically appealing motherboard in white/black/red and then put GREEN (yes - GRRREEEEEN!) SMD LEDs on the motherboard here and there????? I really, really don't get it. It really baffles me! They COULD have put red or even white SMD LEDs there, but they chose green - in my eyes ruining a possibly godlike colour scheme.

Phew....

Of course, you could cover up those green LEDs, OR you could, depending on your level of freakiness (seeing how you bent that cooler without thinking twice makes me think you're pretty freaky, hehe) you could solder new LEDs on the motherboard.

Or, you could just not care.

So, what will you do?

Old 2nd Feb 2011, 09:27   #175
Hannes

Quote:
Just a quick rant about the motherboard - not directed towards you, but just a teeny-weeny "WTF?" towards the manufacturer:

Why on God's earth do they try so hard to make an aesthetically appealing motherboard in white/black/red and then put GREEN (yes - GRRREEEEEN!) SMD LEDs on the motherboard here and there????? I really, really don't get it. It really baffles me! They COULD have put red or even white SMD LEDs there, but they chose green - in my eyes ruining a possibly godlike colour scheme.

Phew....

Of course, you could cover up those green LEDs, OR you could, depending on your level of freakiness (seeing how you bent that cooler without thinking twice makes me think you're pretty freaky, hehe) you could solder new LEDs on the motherboard.

Or, you could just not care.

So, what will you do?
I'm thinking new white leds, or removing of leds maybe. Because they somewhat disturbs the lighting effect. I'm actually have a close contact to one of the persons who have a say in ASUS ROG design. I'll forward the "rant" because I feel the same thing. Tho I do understand the reason of having those leds..

Green = Good, Red = Bad. :-P
Old 2nd Feb 2011, 09:36   #176
Nutman

Yeah, well - then they could have said "White = All good and dandy - and innocent.." and "Red = Stop the car NOW!".

But it's good you're taking some action on it - not sure how important it really is to the final result. Depends on how strong the green LEDs are, I guess. Hard to tell from Youtube vids....

Old 2nd Feb 2011, 09:43   #177
Hannes

Quote:
Yeah, well - then they could have said "White = All good and dandy - and innocent.." and "Red = Stop the car NOW!".

But it's good you're taking some action on it - not sure how important it really is to the final result. Depends on how strong the green LEDs are, I guess. Hard to tell from Youtube vids....
I haven't started up the motherboard yet so I can't tell. But it would be a compromise if I didn't do anything about it. ^^,
Old 2nd Feb 2011, 11:00   #178
Zesti
Aluminium + file

Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zesti is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Umm, you can turn off those leds from BIOS. I just did it myself and now it doesn´s look like a christmas tree. Oh, and the onboard power button with white led and reset button with red led cannot be turn off.. Luckily they look pretty good.

Also good job Hannes.
Old 2nd Feb 2011, 11:46   #179
Hannes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesti View Post
Umm, you can turn off those leds from BIOS. I just did it myself and now it doesn´s look like a christmas tree. Oh, and the onboard power button with white led and reset button with red led cannot be turn off.. Luckily they look pretty good.

Also good job Hannes.
Asus do think about everything, thank you for stopping me making an ass of myself.
Old 2nd Feb 2011, 13:21   #180
russell16688
Minimodder

russell16688 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Brilliant looking build, keep up the good work!
russell16688 is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode