bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 3rd Nov 2010, 17:00   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Apple plans user-tracking NFC for iPhone 5

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...for-iphone-5/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 17:06   #2
okenobi
Ultramodder

okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Minority Report with phones. Lush.

Would make a great Orange commercial at the cinema, about not letting your phone ruin the movie.
okenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 17:14   #3
SaNdCrAwLeR
Multimodder

SaNdCrAwLeR has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
milk the cow...
SaNdCrAwLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 17:24   #4
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
so, loose your phone and your data becomes public information?

great idea in theory. but with Apple's track record of security bugs, especially on iphone, this probably will end badly
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 17:29   #5
Baggpuss
What's a Dremel?

Baggpuss has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Another year? I would have thought version 5 would be released June/July to fit it with when all the others were released?
Baggpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 17:30   #6
Stotherd-001
Knows what a dremel is. Shock.

Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Googles approach with the chrome browser Sync makes more sense. Don't even need your phone for that. Hopefully they implement something similar into android and Chrome OS.

Yeah.
Stotherd-001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 19:37   #7
greigaitken
Supermodder

greigaitken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
would have been really useful a few years ago, but we're not too far away from netbook performance in the phone itself. plus if you gonna use this feature regularly - why not just buy lil netbook for 300 instead of a new iphone.
greigaitken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 19:50   #8
leveller
Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

leveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This sounds great. Ever since getting the phone I've wanted it to automatically update bookmarks and everything else by itself.
leveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 21:19   #9
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It's the next logical step in portable computing. Of course for people who worry about losing the phone there could be an unlock code. Like, say, on the lock screen. Hey, come to think of it...

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 21:53   #10
SteveU
Multimodder

SteveU has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggpuss
Another year? I would have thought version 5 would be released June/July to fit it with when all the others were released?
I believe it's only going to be a revision next year a-la 3GS. The white iPhone 4 isn't due out until April 2011 now and the yanks are talking about re-releasing the iPhone 4 with CDMA tech so I think it'll be more like the iPhone 4S than an iPhone 5 next year.
SteveU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2010, 23:08   #11
Bluephoenix
Spoon? What spoon?

Bluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for president
and the iPhone evolves into an even bigger ticking timebomb to an information chernobyl

tbh I'm starting to think that modern society really needs an information chernobyl of sorts, it would stop many from being quite so trusting of technology that they accept without giving thought to the potential consequences.
Bluephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2010, 00:36   #12
chrisb2e9
Dont do that...

chrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysis
Quote:
libraries
not off my tax dollars...
Old 4th Nov 2010, 01:15   #13
Baggpuss
What's a Dremel?

Baggpuss has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggpuss
I believe it's only going to be a revision next year a-la 3GS. The white iPhone 4 isn't due out until April 2011 now and the yanks are talking about re-releasing the iPhone 4 with CDMA tech so I think it'll be more like the iPhone 4S than an iPhone 5 next year.
Thats just annoying, as the 4 wasn't even a particularly big step up from the 3Gs. If you dont video call or mind the resolution then theres really no point in the 4 if you have the 3Gs. Oh well will have to wait and see i guess.
Baggpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2010, 03:01   #14
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb2e9 View Post
not off my tax dollars...
Opposed to free access to information?
Old 4th Nov 2010, 08:41   #15
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming Saiyan
WOW, any other gimmicks iPhone can come up with in response to the positive reviewed Windows Phone 7?
Snips is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2010, 09:35   #16
sandys
Mod Master

sandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for president
Its where the market is going, Nokia announced that all their smartphones would have NFC in 2011, plenty of other handset manufacturers are doing it too, they've have to keep up with the trends.
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2010, 11:17   #17
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'd be happier if apple could get the simple thing's working first, like the ios4's alarm clock function.

Since the clock's went back on the weekend, the alarm goes off an hour later than it should (could have been awkward if it was the only alarm I used).

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2010, 12:52   #18
okenobi
Ultramodder

okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.okenobi is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthippo View Post
Opposed to free access to information?
I think he's probably referring to the cost of kitting out every public space with Macs.

This a privacy disaster waiting to happen. But Joe Schmo will lap it up, as always. Just look at the number of idiots constantly giving away their locations already.
okenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2010, 15:00   #19
CharlO
Multimodder

CharlO has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Battery life, we are letting you go, you knew Big Brother sells better than you.
CharlO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2010, 16:53   #20
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blademrk View Post
I'd be happier if apple could get the simple thing's working first, like the ios4's alarm clock function.
Or an antenna that, well...works
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote