bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 8th Nov 2010, 16:35   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ballmer sells Microsoft shares

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...osoft-shares/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2010, 16:41   #2
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Do you think that M$ will ever go out of business?

I don't see that happening in my lifetime, so this news doesn't really sway me into thinking that M$ is going under
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2010, 16:43   #3
MaverickWill
Dirty CPC Mackem

MaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run Crysis
Hi, I'm a shareholder, and jumping out the window was my idea.
Old 8th Nov 2010, 16:48   #4
mecblade
14 year old Technophile

mecblade has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmecblade has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmecblade has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickWill
Hi, I'm a shareholder, and jumping out the window was my idea.
i have seen some more inapproapriate parodys than that.

namely the 'my name is osama binladen, and 9/11 was my idea' one
mecblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2010, 16:53   #5
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
How rich is the guy? Is he selling shares to tuck away into a trust fund or to reinvest in something riskier? It's all down to his reasoning, I doubt it's because he's worried about MS going down the toilet.
Old 8th Nov 2010, 16:56   #6
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
Wish I had 75 million shares to sell..
Old 8th Nov 2010, 17:17   #7
sixfootsideburns
modeteer

sixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord7854
Wish I had 75 million shares to sell..
yeah 2.018 billion US wouldn't be so bad...
sixfootsideburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2010, 17:20   #8
supermonkey
Deal with it

supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
He's holding on to 82% of his shares? He must have faith in the company's up-coming products.

For anyone wondering if this is some kind of omen for the future of Microsoft, I'm of the opinion that speculating about the financial goings-on of mega corporations is usually a fool's errand.
But of bliss and of glad life there is little to be said, before it ends; as works fair and wonderful, while still they endure for eyes to see, are their own record, and only when they are in peril or broken for ever do they pass into song.
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Silmarillion
supermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2010, 17:45   #9
south side sammy
Modder

south side sammy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'd sell my stock too. If you can gain more off investing in gold bullion than any other thing, including oil at the moment, what's the sense of holding on to it ?
south side sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2010, 18:01   #10
pendragon
I pickle they

pendragon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
this feels like a non-story to me .. he sold 18% of his shares.. big deal
pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2010, 18:04   #11
thom804
Multimodder

thom804 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecblade
[

My name is Kate McCann, and leaving windows open was my idea.

Too soon?
Asus P67 Sabertooth // Intel 2500k @4.6ghz // 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1600 // XFX 7870 2GB DD edition // 60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD // 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 HDD // Gelid Tranquillo // Corsair HX 750w PSU // Silverstone FT02B-W
thom804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2010, 18:07   #12
Niftyrat
Dremel overpriced like EA games

Niftyrat is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Niftyrat is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Niftyrat is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Niftyrat is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Niftyrat is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Niftyrat is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Niftyrat is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Niftyrat is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Niftyrat is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Niftyrat is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Niftyrat is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Diversification is financially prudent if a little bit strange given he knows the future potential of Microsoft.

Could be he just needs some cash for Christmas presents and the like
Niftyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2010, 18:17   #13
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
He probably wants to invest a little of his fortune elsewhere. I don't really see this as news worthy to anyone, other than the other shareholders.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2010, 19:03   #14
mecblade
14 year old Technophile

mecblade has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmecblade has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmecblade has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by thom804
Quote:
[

Too soon?
my name is george bush, and declaring war on the middle east and muslims was my idea

(that was the second worst one i heard, none of these were made by me, im not a rascist noob)
mecblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2010, 20:10   #15
cgthomas
Cpt. Handsome

cgthomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
He's manipulating share holders. Bill Gates done that before, just before the release of a major product - the aim is to make more money
Old 8th Nov 2010, 21:00   #16
Casefan
One Man Army

Casefan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thom804
Quote:
[

Too soon?
my name is george bush, and declaring war on the middle east and muslims was my idea

(that was the second worst one i heard, none of these were made by me, im not a rascist noob)
I'm Joseph Fritzel, and no windows was my idea.
Old 8th Nov 2010, 21:14   #17
Krayzie_B.o.n.e.
Supermodder

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Steve Balmer is officially under CEO suicide watch. CEO's start selling stocks in small chunks in preparation to RESIGN from a company cause surely the CEO of Microsoft doesn't need any extra Holiday money for gifts, not with all those Zunes lying around the office.

Hi I'm Steve Balmer and Microsoft's stock dipping below $20 was my idea (but after I sold all mine for $27 a piece)

AMD Phenom II X2 550 @ 3.9ghz, Gigabyte 790gp-UD4H, 2 XFX ATi HD 4890 @ 1ghz crossfire, 4gb OCZ Ram, 2 WD 250gb HD, Raidmax Smilodon, HP w233h + HP MX50
Krayzie_B.o.n.e. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2010, 21:22   #18
Ayrto
Supermodder

Ayrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for president
What's going on in that picture, is he playing Kinectimals for the first time? That at least would kinda explain the sell off.
Ayrto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2010, 21:37   #19
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming Saiyan
What with the resounding success of Windows 7, the relaunch of the XBox360 and soon to be released Kinect, the positive release of Windows Phone 7 and successful launch of Zune here in the Europe. The kick Google into touch launch of Bing and the ever reliable new release of Office 2010.

Yep, what an idiot for keeping hold of the 82% of shares he still owns!
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2010, 21:55   #20
Slizza
beautiful to demons

Slizza is a Super Spamming SaiyanSlizza is a Super Spamming SaiyanSlizza is a Super Spamming SaiyanSlizza is a Super Spamming SaiyanSlizza is a Super Spamming SaiyanSlizza is a Super Spamming SaiyanSlizza is a Super Spamming SaiyanSlizza is a Super Spamming SaiyanSlizza is a Super Spamming SaiyanSlizza is a Super Spamming SaiyanSlizza is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'll give him all my savings for those shares