bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 18th Nov 2010, 16:59   #1
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
Custom PC & Bit-tech Award Winners Announced

Who did you vote as the best manufacturers and retailers of the year? Find out here!

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...ers-announce/1
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2010, 17:23   #2
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Couple of surprises here, Sapphire for best GPU manufacturer and Gigabyte NOT winning best Mobo manufacturer.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2010, 17:23   #3
Ph4ZeD
Banned

Ph4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run Crysis
Always wondered what happened to Scan's Dream PC
Ph4ZeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2010, 17:27   #4
The Toy
The Ticking Time-Bomb

The Toy has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe Toy has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe Toy has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe Toy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Um... Activision? What the cock happened there? And yeah, really expected Gigabyte to take the MoBo award. Still, nice update and cheers for filming it!
Old 18th Nov 2010, 17:29   #5
murraynt
I Mod, Therefore I Own

murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I thought gigabyte would get the Motherboard award, Also thought the Fractal would get the award instead or the Utguard.
I like the video, added a little something.
I5 2500K @ 4.8ghz l MSI GD53l 8GB corsair 1600mhz l Asus 5870 v2 NZXT Phantom Red l Zalman X10 Quiet l 60GB Crucial M4l F3 1TB Spinner l X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty l 700Watt Thermaltake l Samsung IPS231 l
Steam: murraynt
murraynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2010, 17:36   #6
frontline
Punish Your Machine

frontline has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfrontline has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Congrats to Sapphire - well deserved, wish i had waited for their Vapor-X version of the 5870 instead of the standard cooler. Sexy vapour chamber cooling 2 years before their rivals.
Intel Core i7 2600K| Asus P8P67-M PRO R3 | Corsair H70 Hydro Series CPU Cooler |Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz XMS3 Memory Kit CL9 1.65V | Sapphire HD 6990 4GB GDDR5 | Crucial M225 128Gb SSD | Asus Xonar DX | LG W2261VP | Corsair GS800 PSU
frontline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2010, 17:41   #7
Otacon
Minimodder

Otacon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What about an award for best niche retailer next year? (A bit like how thinkbroadband have a niche ISP award)

The way the UK computer market is right now its going to be very difficult for someone outside of scan, dabs, ocuk or ebuyer to win the retailer award.

I'm sure we all have smaller shops / sites that we go to every now and then for some of our parts that we would like to see recognised for the work they do for the pc / modding community.
Otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2010, 17:46   #8
PingCrosby
Supermodder

PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Its a shame Ron “Ronco” Popeil didn't do something for the PC.....sigh.
PingCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2010, 17:47   #9
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otacon
What about an award for best niche retailer next year? (A bit like how thinkbroadband have a niche ISP award)
We're always up for creating new awards.

However, I can see a big problem with your suggestion in that it will be hard to decide/police which retailers would fit into each category.

Still, it's an interesting idea...
Old 18th Nov 2010, 17:56   #10
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard
How about an award for the most handsome games editor?

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2010, 18:04   #11
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe
Quote:
Surely that depends on who I decide to hire in the next few months?
Old 18th Nov 2010, 18:20   #12
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Pretty much everything I voted for won, sweet! (Asus, Sapphire, Scan, Corsair) How the F*** did Activision weedle its way in there though? Bliz/activ haven't contributed anything worth sneezing on in years...

Don't tell me Starcraft 2 actually won them that? (cant be COD2, that was below terrible) LOL Geez you could add a lick of paint to any decade old game in which case. Where my new Baldurs Gate and Final Fantasy 7 in which case??

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...

Last edited by Fizzban; 18th Nov 2010 at 18:25.
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2010, 19:04   #13
Phil Rhodes
Hypernobber

Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Well, I just bought an Asus motherboard plus Corsair memory and PSU.

On the other hand, I bought them from Scan, which turned out to be a fairly significant mistake.

Still, you can't get 'em all right, can you? Especially when one of 'em people is one of your major advertising clients!
Phil Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2010, 19:05   #14
bagman
I Mod, Therefore I Own

bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
thermal take won something? what did they do to win? who voted for them?

but i do agree with a lot of the other awards

Last edited by bagman; 18th Nov 2010 at 19:14.
bagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2010, 19:10   #15
maximus09
Forever n00b

maximus09 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
seemed like an exciting event guys, bet you wish you could do this every month!

Congrats to all the winners, in the customers eyes you we all great and thats what really counts! I guess activision pleased a lot of people to get the award, its numbers that count after all Lets hope that everyone keeps innovating and producing amazing products to keep the industry alive and kicking and giving us awesome components!
Old 18th Nov 2010, 19:26   #16
Lockon Stratos
I Will Snipe You!

Lockon Stratos has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Personally - i have been unfortunate enough to deal with SCANs RMA service and i have to say they are TERRIBLE and im not the only one who has had a bad experience with them. I know about 2-3 other people who have had a lot of problems with them when it comes to RMA so i dont see how they won an award here. THEY STILL OWE ME 23 from sending a mobo+dead graphics card up for RMA. Ive emailed it in, Ive sent them a photo copy of the reciept for P&P for RMA - ive even sent it by recorded delivery - but yet its really funny how even though Ive tracked the letter right to their door step an they have accepted it & i have sent copies of the reciept to about 3 of their email adresses given by their members of staff not one of them ass monkies has seen my emails or letters! they were so bad I had to call them up to remind them to send my replacement parts out. I even had to go as far as quoting the Consumer RIghts Act. so say what you want - im still 23 out of pocket - they ignore my emails and letters asking for a refund for the P&P for RMA and ontop of that I have 2 or 3 others who have had the same issues getting RMA's. so speak for yourself. I will NEVER do business with SCAN ever again.
Lockon Stratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2010, 19:36   #17
Ljs
Limited Edition

Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe
Quote:
Surely that depends on who I decide to hire in the next few months?
Me?!

Honestly though, where the hell was my invite?
Ljs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2010, 19:43   #18
Bazz
6.62606957 10-34 m2 kg/s

Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.
Still can't see why Scan keep winning these awards, I know better retailers, and there are a lot of people that have had problems with Scan, but these things are hushed up (as mine was).

Grats to all the others

Core i5-2500k | Windows 8.1 | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H | 16GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3 | Crucial M4 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 360GB | OCZ Vertex 3 120GB | nVidia Geforce GTX 460 1GB
Bazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2010, 19:51   #19
mecblade
14 year old Technophile

mecblade has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmecblade has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmecblade has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I expected ASUS to win the award. They have done several amazing boards this year and really deserve the award.

While the UD9 and the UD3-R were truly amazing boards, ASUS's P6X58D-E, Rampage Extreme III, Sabertooth X58 ect are really outstanding in terms of quality and features.

Good job ASUS!

P.S Good to see Corsair win Memory manufacturer of the year. But they need to come up with more things! We need to see some more memory products from them as I haven't seen any new innovations from them this year.
mecblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2010, 20:20   #20
M7ck
Ⓜod Ⓜaster

M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Without the Dream PC award this year is a bit meh!