bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 25th Nov 2010, 15:17   #1
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
DRAM prices continue to fall

Market watcher DRAMeXchange is expecting prices to drop massively by the end of the year.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...inue-to-fall/1
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2010, 15:23   #2
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
yay, time to start saving up for some nice 4GB per stick modules. 16GB for under 200 anyone?
Old 25th Nov 2010, 15:41   #3
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Good, i need to replace the 2gb stick i bought in error and never got round to replacing.
Old 25th Nov 2010, 15:42   #4
Ryun
Minimodder

Ryun has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
And here I was thinking I would have to settle for 4GB on my next build. The way things are going, I could very easily decide to purchase 8GB.
Ryun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2010, 16:02   #5
NethLyn
Hypermodder

NethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for president
It's one way to keep upgrade addicts buying, that's one certainty. Had my eye set on a laptop but if memory stays this cheap, it'll be hard not to stay with a full-sized new build.
Old 25th Nov 2010, 16:17   #6
bogie170
Supermodder

bogie170 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What is the best value/price/speed 6gb triple channel set to get at the moment?
bogie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2010, 16:27   #7
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
Might pick up 2X4gb sticks for a new build. Wasn't planning to replace my mobo and inevitably jump to DDR3 until the end of next year after AMD and intel had their new products out and prices stabilise, tho if the market is gonna be volatile it would make sense to invest now.
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2010, 16:28   #8
memeroot
aged and experianced

memeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
upgrade ahead
memeroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2010, 16:30   #9
Aracos
Elite

Aracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogie170
What is the best value/price/speed 6gb triple channel set to get at the moment?
I'd say 1333MHz or 1600MHz if you plan on overclocking.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | openSUSE
Aracos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2010, 16:42   #10
Ph4ZeD
Banned

Ph4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run Crysis
Our man in Taiwan was spot on with his info
Ph4ZeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2010, 16:56   #11
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Hopefully this means I can 8gb my laptop without breaking the bank.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2010, 17:01   #12
dactone
dact-one

dactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
it's dropped alot since i last bought ram 6gb dd3 for 86 pounds i bought 5 months ago for 140 .
Old 25th Nov 2010, 17:24   #13
halcyondays
What's a Dremel?

halcyondays has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
having got caught out before it's almost worth buying some ram to have in stock at these prices, no upgrade planned but it's bound to return to high prices....
halcyondays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2010, 17:28   #14
murraynt
I Mod, Therefore I Own

murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Looks like 8gb is possible for my next build windows 7 eats up 4gb pretty fast.
I5 2500K @ 4.8ghz l MSI GD53l 8GB corsair 1600mhz l Asus 5870 v2 NZXT Phantom Red l Zalman X10 Quiet l 60GB Crucial M4l F3 1TB Spinner l X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty l 700Watt Thermaltake l Samsung IPS231 l
Steam: murraynt
murraynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2010, 17:35   #15
Phoenixlight
Modder

Phoenixlight has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What does North Korea being a dick yet once again have to do with random access memory?
Phoenixlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2010, 18:03   #16
Star*Dagger
Pan-Galactic Revolutionary

Star*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for president
Time to order another 16 Gigs!
Star*Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2010, 18:40   #17
PingCrosby
Supermodder

PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Thanks for the memory.
PingCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2010, 18:53   #18
Tangster
Butt-kicking for goodness!

Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixlight
What does North Korea being a dick yet once again have to do with random access memory?
Makes the region volatile. War in that area means that fabs and transport is under threat so speculating t**ts prebuy in huge quantities while the price is still low and force the price up because they predicted a shortage.
Uni Box:i7 2700K@5.3GHz|EK Supreme LT+Coolstream XT 360|16GB HyperX DDR3@1866MHz|EVGA GTX780 ti+EK FC780ti|MSI P67A-GD55||M5 512|BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 750W|U3011|Raven RV-02E|KBT Pure+Perixx MX2000 + Intuos 4M
Audio: PC->TosLink->TEAC UD-H01->Schiit Asgard-> Fostex TH600|InEar LivePro 3|Truth B2030A Monitors
BT Feedback

Last edited by Tangster; 25th Nov 2010 at 21:02.
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2010, 19:59   #19
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.
Question is, when will 4GB sticks of DDR3 ECC RAM be cheap!?
Cei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2010, 20:20   #20
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Well, I could gram myself 8gbs now.
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote