bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 26th Nov 2010, 18:37   #1
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
Kingston launches USB 3 SSD

Kingston has officially unveiled the HyperX MAX 3.0 range of USB-connected SSDs.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...on-usb-3-ssd/1
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2010, 18:50   #2
Valinor
Multimodder

Valinor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah, slightly too much to spend on something which I'm meant to carry round in what is bound to be an unsecured manner.

Still, nice idea though. Wonder if they will make a "tough" version?
Valinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2010, 19:23   #3
Ph4ZeD
Banned

Ph4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run Crysis
Seems like a good idea but those prices are way inflated over even top spec SSDs.
Ph4ZeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2010, 20:54   #4
mrbens
Supermodder

mrbens has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I hope these can be booted off so you could carry your installation of Windows around with you and use it on any USB3 PC or laptop wherever you are. May be useful in a few years time when USB3 is everywhere.

BTW you wrote: an departure
My SilverStone TJ07B PC: Haswell i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming mobo | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr 2GB | Seasonic X-Series 750W PSU | Crucial M4 128GB SSD | Crucial M225 128GB SSD | OCZ Solid 3 120GB SSD
Sound: Epiphany Acoustics' E-DAC & O2 Heahphone Amp | Little Dot MK III Tube Headphone Amp | Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 600ohm Headphones (music) | Onkyo HT-S3305B AV Receiver + 5.1 speakers (movies)
mrbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2010, 21:07   #5
jamesislush
What's a Dremel?

jamesislush has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What a waste of money. Yeah, it's nice, but I don't see how you can justify that price for a device that will nearly always be used for just carrying aroung data. Understandable paying huge prices for SATA 3 SSD's which most people are going to use as a primary disk to install the OS on, but for just carrying data what's the point?
jamesislush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2010, 23:39   #6
McSteel
Shape Memory Alloy

McSteel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbens
I hope these can be booted off so you could carry your installation of Windows around with you and use it on any USB3 PC or laptop wherever you are. May be useful in a few years time when USB3 is everywhere.

BTW you wrote: an departure
And what a nice OS it would be, having drivers installed in it for 200 different pieces of hardware...
McSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Nov 2010, 12:44   #7
Gradius
IT Consultant

Gradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for president
Super expensive, BIG no thanks!
Gradius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Nov 2010, 17:40   #8
memeroot
aged and experianced

memeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
if only because its safer than a HD then it could be worth it to some people

hot booting sounds great also :-)
memeroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2010, 17:47   #9
nemo
Foregone Destruction

nemo has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnemo has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnemo has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnemo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The 64gb one is too small, the others are too expensive. No thanks

CPU : Intel Core i7 930 / Mobo: Asus P6TSE / RAM : 6gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 8-8-8-24 / Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870 1gb / CpuCool: Titan Fenrir Xmas / PSU: Antec True Power New TP-650 / 1Tb F3 / Mouse : Logitech G7 Wireless / Case : Fractal Design Define R2 Silver Arrow / OS : Windws 7 Ultimate / Firefox
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote