bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 1st Dec 2010, 13:44   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Vote for your Game of the Year 2010

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/20...he-year-2010/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 13:51   #2
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Is it this time again already? Damn there are a lot of games I still need to play!

Voted:
Mass Effect 2 (should win)
Starcraft 2
Neptune's Pride

Even though I forced myself to go cold turkey on Neptune's Pride after just four days of playing (the game is evil), it deserves a vote just got its ability to get under your skin.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 13:52   #3
frontline
Punish Your Machine

frontline has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfrontline has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
weeeeeeeee, hope the mince pies arrive in time for Christmas!

Voted for:

Mass Effect 2 (excellent game that improves on the original)
BFBC2 (shame they keep breaking it with constant weapon tweaks)
Red Dead Redemption (not really a fan of console games but it is impressive)
Intel Core i7 2600K| Asus P8P67-M PRO R3 | Corsair H70 Hydro Series CPU Cooler |Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz XMS3 Memory Kit CL9 1.65V | Sapphire HD 6990 4GB GDDR5 | Crucial M225 128Gb SSD | Asus Xonar DX | LG W2261VP | Corsair GS800 PSU
frontline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 13:54   #4
Tangster
Butt-kicking for goodness!

Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.
Mass Effect 2
Starcraft 2
BFBC2
Uni Box:i7 2700K@5.3GHz|EK Supreme LT+Coolstream XT 360|16GB HyperX DDR3@1866MHz|EVGA GTX780 ti+EK FC780ti|MSI P67A-GD55||M5 512|BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 750W|U3011|Raven RV-02E|KBT Pure+Perixx MX2000 + Intuos 4M
Audio: PC->TosLink->TEAC UD-H01->Schiit Asgard-> Fostex TH600|InEar LivePro 3|Truth B2030A Monitors
BT Feedback
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 13:56   #5
Kiytan
Shiny

Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Mass effect 2, no questions about that getting a vote, the other 2 votes where much trickier, as there are many that deserve it.
In the end I chose civ 5, because it absorbs more hours of peoples lives than family, friends and heroine addiction combined.
And just cause 2, for being hilarious, great looking, great technology and just all around fun to play (as well as a good port)

honourable mentions go to VVVVVV and RDR, VVVVVV was just a bit too short, and while I liked RDR's setting and story much more, there was a lot less potential for dicking around, which is sort of at the heart of sandbox games like that.
Kiytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 13:56   #6
Aterius Gmork
/r/pcmasterrace

Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
And here we go again with this annoying newsletter. There's a rss feed and there's a forum, why do you need a newsletter?
Old 1st Dec 2010, 13:59   #7
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aterius Gmork
And here we go again with this annoying newsletter. There's a rss feed and there's a forum, why do you need a newsletter?
It's a back-end thing.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 14:06   #8
matee
Multimodder

matee is definitely a rep cheat.matee is definitely a rep cheat.matee is definitely a rep cheat.matee is definitely a rep cheat.matee is definitely a rep cheat.matee is definitely a rep cheat.matee is definitely a rep cheat.matee is definitely a rep cheat.matee is definitely a rep cheat.matee is definitely a rep cheat.matee is definitely a rep cheat.
2010 is not yet finished and we have a couple of nice titles coming up.
matee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 14:09   #9
GFC
Multimodder

GFC has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
SC2 is definitely my game of the year (decade?).
GFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 14:13   #10
uz1_l0v3r
Multimodder

uz1_l0v3r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bubble Bobble.
uz1_l0v3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 14:18   #11
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
not voting as i have only played Just Cause 2 and Starcraft 2 and didnt think either of them where special really
Old 1st Dec 2010, 14:20   #12
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
I look at that list and get a bit depressed, ME2 was pretty epic, but otherwise there's not much on there that excites.
Old 1st Dec 2010, 14:38   #13
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I went to vote then came across the news letter sign up fail so no vote for me. The forum has my details and Dennis does not need them. For me it has to be Red Dead Redemption; the best game I have played in years.
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 14:43   #14
loftie
I *am* a Dremel

loftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
On that list, I've only played a few. Mass effect was awesome, the DLC was ok too. Dead Rising is, well funny, but not really that interesting. BFBC2 is a good multiplayer game which I've spent hours on with mates. And Magic the Gathering is pretty much what you'd expect, nothing more nothing less.
Old 1st Dec 2010, 14:44   #15
Ph4ZeD
Banned

Ph4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run Crysis
SC2, BC2 and Neptune's Pride. Great games
Ph4ZeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 14:48   #16
pistol_pete
Air Cooled Fool

pistol_pete has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpistol_pete has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpistol_pete has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpistol_pete has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've only played two games on that list. Actually only bought 2 this year! Might have to buy chime then vote for it- at least my voter will be better informed, if no less biased...
- Q6600 G0(9x333) -- Asus P5k Premium -- 4GB Ballistix DDR2-800 -- EVGA GTX570 -- OCZ Vertex 2E 128GB -- 500GB Samsung F2 -- Antec Truepower New 650W -- Samsung Syncmaster 206BW -- Razer Lycosa, DeathAdder, and Destructor -- Custom Buitl Watercooled Case --

Pistol Pete's Project Perspiration Project Log
pistol_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 14:48   #17
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
ME2, BC2 and Chime.

BC2 has been flawless for me, and it's still the best team-oriented shooter out there.
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 14:48   #18
mrbens
Supermodder

mrbens has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What's with this newsletter registration?

Oh well, I haven't played most of them anyway, and out of the ones I have only New Vegas and Just Cause 2 were worthy of being called games of the year.
My SilverStone TJ07B PC: Haswell i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming mobo | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr 2GB | Seasonic X-Series 750W PSU | Crucial M4 128GB SSD | Crucial M225 128GB SSD | OCZ Solid 3 120GB SSD
Sound: Epiphany Acoustics' E-DAC & O2 Heahphone Amp | Little Dot MK III Tube Headphone Amp | Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 600ohm Headphones (music) | Onkyo HT-S3305B AV Receiver + 5.1 speakers (movies)
mrbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 14:55   #19
1-0-1
Nothing interesting to put here.

1-0-1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why no World of Warcraft: Cataclysm?
1-0-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 15:00   #20
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Chime, Civ V.