bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 1st Dec 2010, 18:21   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Asetek launches compact liquid coolers

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...quid-coolers/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 18:38   #2
Lord-Vale3
His Tremendousness

Lord-Vale3 has yet to learn the way of the DremelLord-Vale3 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Its a tick box thing.

Throw in one of these and an OEM can charge another $500 because all of a sudden its a 'premium watercooled pwnage rig'
Lord-Vale3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 19:07   #3
DwarfKiller
Multimodder

DwarfKiller has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Do you think that factor-sealed systems"... factory-sealed maybe?

Being 92mm seems odd to me, don't know what to think of it at the moment. More details please?
Old 1st Dec 2010, 19:17   #4
Lord-Vale3
His Tremendousness

Lord-Vale3 has yet to learn the way of the DremelLord-Vale3 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
They explained why its 92mm - so OEMs can fit it on smaller fan mounts
Lord-Vale3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 19:40   #5
Jasio
Made in Canada

Jasio has yet to learn the way of the DremelJasio has yet to learn the way of the DremelJasio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's a very decent looking Corsair... I mean Asetek ... I mean Corsair... I mean Cortek...
[[Asus Rampage III Formula RoG | Intel Core i7 980X @ 4.2 Ghz | Corsair H70 | 12GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill | 2 x MSI 560Ti 1GB Twin Frozer II SLi | Corsair AX750 PSU | 2 x Crucial C300 128GB SSD + 3 x Samsung F1 1TB | Silverstone Fortress FT02B]]
Jasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 21:02   #6
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Vale3
Its a tick box thing.

Throw in one of these and an OEM can charge another $500 because all of a sudden its a 'premium watercooled pwnage rig'
Agreed
Most of these factory made setups are pretty crap, a good air cooler surpasses most of these style things let alone a good custom wc setup.
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 22:13   #7
Lazy_Amp
Entry AMD Engineer

Lazy_Amp has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
When I heard 'Dual Fan', I thought it referred to a dual fan radiator, which I thought would be quite interesting for some sort High Performance slim/small box. But no, it's just going to be boring Push-Pull.
Lazy_Amp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2010, 23:01   #8
DBA
I do my modding with a spoon

DBA has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy_Amp
When I heard 'Dual Fan', I thought it referred to a dual fan radiator, which I thought would be quite interesting for some sort High Performance slim/small box. But no, it's just going to be boring Push-Pull.
As far as I understand, they will build a dual fan radiator version (i.e. not a push pull) I remember seeing a picture of it on another site, can't seem to remember where though.
DBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2010, 00:06   #9
Lazy_Amp
Entry AMD Engineer

Lazy_Amp has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy_Amp
As far as I understand, they will build a dual fan radiator version (i.e. not a push pull) I remember seeing a picture of it on another site, can't seem to remember where though.
http://www.asetek.com/products/oem-s...cts/565lx.html

Ah... you're absolutely right... might be useful then.

They even have a workstation model: http://www.asetek.com/products/oem-s...cts/585lx.html
Lazy_Amp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2010, 00:39   #10
cgthomas
Cpt. Handsome

cgthomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This means we will see more small-form-factor performance pc's with closed loop water cooling (since most of today's desktop pc's come with 90mm fans)
Old 2nd Dec 2010, 03:04   #11
ninong
What's a Dremel?

ninong has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
will the 2x92mm rad fit on the tj07 rear exhaust slots? for those who are too lazy to watercool their tj07s
ninong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2010, 12:50   #12
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasio View Post
That's a very decent looking Corsair... I mean Asetek ... I mean Corsair... I mean Cortek...
Corsair buys their coolers from Asetek and only slap a sticker on it. Asetek is the original manufacturer for all of these.

With that said, I still prefer the 120mm-option H50 from Corsair.

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote