bit-tech.net

Old 3rd Dec 2010, 12:27   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Splatterhouse Review

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2010/...house-review/1
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 13:15   #2
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.
'Tis the season to be coloured unimpressive. The premise of the game looked okay, but after reading this review it's confirmed for me that it trips over before the first blood-spattered hurdle.
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 13:22   #3
Teq
Multimodder

Teq has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The orignal wasn't great but it was a fun trip down memory lane...
Teq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 13:22   #4
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'd always wanted to play the original on the Mega Drive, looks like the remake is one to skip then.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 14:08   #5
fingerbob69
Hypermodder

fingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"within each level slices of a naked picture of Rick's girlfriend Jen."

Is it a naked photo or a photo of someone naked? )

As for the rest of game ...it's a console only, so who cares?
Antec 902, Asus P6T se, i7-920 D0 oc@3.6ghz, Asaka Nero S, 6gb Corsair, Thermaltake 750w Evo Blue, XFX 4890 + Artic Twin Turbo Pro, Asus Xonar DS, BFG Ageia PhysX, 2x 500gb Seagate HDD, Win7 hp, NEC ea231wmi, MS X4, Cordless Mouseman optical(deceased)..now a Roccat Kova+
fingerbob69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 18:34   #6
FelixTech
Robot

FelixTech has yet to learn the way of the DremelFelixTech has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow. Poker night at the Inventory must be bad if it's worse than this!!!
Old 4th Dec 2010, 05:16   #7
Hovis
Supermodder

Hovis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The original was kind of important in gaming history because of the violence, and specifically the emphasis on the brutal violence as kind of the unique selling point. But the thing is that importance has diminished. I mean you're employing brutal violence against random beasts, not recognisably human, and they are trying to kill you. Even several years ago in GTA Vice City you could take a chainsaw to members of the general public. Splatter House is so far behind the violence curve it's unique selling point is moot. It's a crossbow in a room full of machine guns.

That they failed to deliver on the gameplay is just the icing on the failcake to be honest. That's the first order of business right there.
Hovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Dec 2010, 12:53   #8
lacuna
Supermodder

lacuna has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
looks like fun to me. I like the 'fight club' mini-game in Saints Row and this reminds me of that so maybe when its ~Ā£4 I will get it
lacuna is offline   Reply With Quote