bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 7th Dec 2010, 17:41   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
D-Link launches ShareCenter Pulse

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...center-pulse/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2010, 17:51   #2
Valinor
Multimodder

Valinor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hmm... Scan seems to have this for £69.99.. price cuts already ?

So how fast is it compared to other NAS boxes, as it seems cheap compared to most others?
Valinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2010, 19:01   #3
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Seems like a pretty good price. I doubt I could build an equivalent box for less than that.
Old 7th Dec 2010, 19:41   #4
line2008
What is this "dremel" you speak of?

line2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelline2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelline2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelline2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
looks pretty good for the price, might consider getting one after xmas is over and done with
Old 7th Dec 2010, 22:41   #5
Mitcian
Multimodder

Mitcian has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Seems very cheap, what's the catch?
Mitcian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2010, 23:42   #6
Skiddywinks
Hypermodder

Skiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Gotta admit, I am also a little worried about the price. I have been casually taking note of NAS boxes and the like, since I would love a really low powered home server I could use for storage, and also use for torrenting, since it's kinda wasteful to leave a 4GHz 750 and a GTX285 on overnight just to download!

I guess we will have to wait for the reviews.
Skiddywinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Dec 2010, 10:19   #7
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I really do wish they would give more than 2 bays in these products. Any with 4+ just cost way too much because apparently having 4 drives makes you a "business level" user?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Dec 2010, 12:05   #8
eddtox
Homo Interneticus

eddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremeleddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitcian
Seems very cheap, what's the catch?
My thoughts exactly! I paid over £100 for a second-hand DNS-323 a few months ago. How do the two compare?
Old 8th Dec 2010, 21:17   #9
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Yeah, wouldn't mind seeing a review showing the transfer rates.

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2010, 22:22   #10
MSHunter
Mod Master

MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.
best home server I have found is an old laptop with USB HDD (the ones that don't need separate power adapters. Like the Samsung 1TB drive.
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/239086 £80.

PC Audio: AKG 271 mk II + Samson Go mic. + Asus Xonar D2X
Amp: DENON PMA510AE, Speakers: TANNOY MERCURY F1
MSHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2010, 18:24   #11
general_joe
What's a Dremel?

general_joe has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Can't give you transfer rates but copying everything from my old server to this NAS is maxing out the network (100Mbit, and the utilisation is around 60-70%) rather than anything else. And it hasn't run its fan yet either. Things might change once connected via gigabit, but at present this is plenty fast enough.
general_joe is offline   Reply With Quote