bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 9th Dec 2010, 14:22   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Hardware 16 - The RAM raiders

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/podcast...e-ram-raiders/

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2010, 14:35   #2
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
4GB RAM sticks, oh yeah!

on the day i forgot my headphones and still got the last gaming podcast to listen.
Old 9th Dec 2010, 14:55   #3
Ljs
Limited Edition

Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.
ZOoom! Made me chuckle...

*Edit*

I honestly didn't realise it was a kind of a lottery with manufacturers regarding graphics cards and cores. Interesting!

Last edited by Ljs; 9th Dec 2010 at 15:30.
Ljs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2010, 15:11   #4
Bloody_Pete
Technophile(and yes, thats 724Mb/s)

Bloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Need to sort the sound levels out guys. Apart from that, cracking stuff
i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz (1.28v) on custom water loop/ Watercooling how-to, Asus Maximus 5 Gene, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (2 black, 2 red), Sapphire Radeon HD 5870, 128GB Crucial M4, 3 x Samsung F1 1TB in RAID 5, Xigmatek Elysium, Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W, Corsair K60, Corsair SP2500 speakers, Dell U2311H & Asus VK222W.
Bloody_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2010, 16:01   #5
Material
Soco Amaretto Lime
bit-tech Staff

Material is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
The levels are a little low, I'm looking into amplifying it further and re-uploading it.

bit-tech on Facebook - Custom PC on Facebook - bit-tech on Twitter

Steam ID: votelarry - BFBC2 ID: M4terial - Feel free to add me
Material is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2010, 16:08   #6
DragunovHUN
Go ahead, spell my name wrong.

DragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I didn't win

Is it because i'm hungarian?

gog.com - Classic videogames, Windows 7 compatible, no DRM, bundled extras, outstanding service. Check it out, get hooked, spread the word!
DragunovHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2010, 16:11   #7
Material
Soco Amaretto Lime
bit-tech Staff

Material is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Ok, we've amplified the Podcast a little and the new version is now up, if you downloaded it before and it was a little quiet then try again, the new versions should be better.

@ DragunovHUN - we pick the person at random, keep plugging away and I'm sure you'll win some day
Old 9th Dec 2010, 17:00   #8
lga45
What's a Dremel?

lga45 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Loved the podcast, thank you. Very happy to hear that sandy bridge is going to blow everything else out of the water, in spite of all your nudge nudge wink wink can't say anything... in fact you spent a good 10 mins on the innuendo - methinks you dust exaggerate the misdirection a little too obviously... So, I hope intel continue to send you samples in the future, even though you gave the game away this time around

Love the magazine too btw, recently subscribed on zinio. But OMG, the Zinio reader what an awful product - have you ever tried it? Given that I read Custom PC on a top end "crazy but cool" PC, it sure as hell runs slowly, clunkily and stutteringly. I can run Crysis at 2560x1600 more convincingly than I can read your little ol magazine on the zinio reader. Kick Zinio/Adobe's asses for me sometime will you, pretty please?
lga45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2010, 19:06   #9
jcb121
Modder

jcb121 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Damn, I just bought a Core i5 and a 1156 mobo
jcb121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2010, 19:16   #10
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You guys and your practical jokes, I thought my download was corrupt to begin with.
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2010, 19:56   #11
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
RAM breaks the most often?
Clearly you've never owned Fujitsu hard drives!!!
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2010, 21:21   #12
runadumb
Supermodder

runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I haven't had a chance too listen to the podcast yet, will do so tomorrow but I should be on topic here as it is the hardware podcast. I would ask this in the email link you have up there but the answer won't be much use to me next month, so, here goes.

I am going 3 screen gaming, I have the screens setup but not running as I only have a 260GTX as I have been waiting on the release the new Radeon cards so I can do it from a single card. Thing is having seen just how insanely demanding it is I would now much rather go with 2x570GTX cards.
Too keep things simpler (airflow and so I don't have to buy a new PCI-E wifi card because both my PCI slots are taken up) I want to use the very top and very bottom (slower) PCI-E slots on my Asus P6X58D-E motherboard. Would this cause sub-par performance considering the bottom slot is only would only be 8X?
Also I was going to buy a XFX 850 Black PSU, That is sufficient yes?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated *cough* I'm a subscriber*cough*
runadumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2010, 21:57   #13
Canon
Reformed

Canon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for president
So during that short interlude what happened? Did that Intel lawyer beat you all black and blue, strap all of you to your seats with belts, ballgag you, hand you a script and remove your gag for you to do your next line?
Old 9th Dec 2010, 22:23   #14
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canon View Post
So during that short interlude what happened? Did that Intel lawyer beat you all black and blue, strap all of you to your seats with belts, ballgag you, hand you a script and remove your gag for you to do your next line?
Might have been because of the idiot who came into the recording studio even though we put up a sign saying 'go away, we're podcasting'.
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2010, 22:35   #15
j_jay4
Supermodder

j_jay4 should be considered for presidentj_jay4 should be considered for presidentj_jay4 should be considered for presidentj_jay4 should be considered for presidentj_jay4 should be considered for presidentj_jay4 should be considered for presidentj_jay4 should be considered for presidentj_jay4 should be considered for presidentj_jay4 should be considered for presidentj_jay4 should be considered for presidentj_jay4 should be considered for president
James needs a slap, do you know how annoying it is you can't hear him? It's not like you can turn up the volume unless you like Harry shouting in your ear
Old 9th Dec 2010, 22:57   #16
Ph4ZeD
Banned

Ph4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run Crysis
Subtle hint that Sandybridge destroys 1156 and 1366 in performance in the podcast
Ph4ZeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2010, 23:11   #17
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph4ZeD View Post
Subtle hint that Sandybridge destroys 1156 and 1366 in performance in the podcast
With the preview over at anandtech.com three month ago I don't really know, why there's this overly agressive NDA still in place tbh.
The only thing still unclear is what desktop-parts will ship with one and which will have two GPU-cores.

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2010, 23:45   #18
Material
Soco Amaretto Lime
bit-tech Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post
The only thing still unclear is what desktop-parts will ship with one and which will have two GPU-cores.
Old 9th Dec 2010, 23:48   #19
Tokukachi
Multimodder

Tokukachi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Can we move James closer to the mike, and harry further away, maybe in the next room perhaps? :P

Good stuff guys, would like to see these more regularly though, like gaming and hardware on alternating weeks, I'd even consider turning ad-block off form bit-tech...
Tokukachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2010, 01:54   #20
NethLyn
Hypermodder

NethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Material View Post
Ok, we've amplified the Podcast a little and the new version is now up, if you downloaded it before and it was a little quiet then try again, the new versions should be better.

@ DragunovHUN - we pick the person at random, keep plugging away and I'm sure you'll win some day
Whatever you did, excellent, can hear it, much clearer than the last gaming 'cast and could also hear the people further away from the mic.

Bleeping with klaxons was also a good laugh, and best of all, it didn't feel any shorter to listen to despite being 15min shorter, so good editing.