bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 5th Jan 2011, 08:42   #181
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
Really coming along well Alex. I should really start my new worklog soon .
Thanks brother J! I will wait , you know that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanlon303 View Post
Ah crap! Alex is is inspiring and now you want to make another? Sigh...

I'll never be able to compete again.

john

/edit

Fool kids get off my grass!
LoL my big friend what if I tell you that you inspired me to build a SFF mod? *walks away slowly whistling*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
I'm confident it will be mate .
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2011, 14:23   #182
voigts
Hypermodder

voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Maybe I'm just dense, or too used to planning things out in Sketchup, but I'm still trying to figure out how this is all going to fit together. Looks very interesting though.
Old 5th Jan 2011, 15:08   #183
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
I used sketchup on my previous mod cause I wanted something different, more industrial, plans before mod etc. This time though I went back to my ordinary modding ! Half plans, half improvisation! I enjoy modding more that way hope it turns out good at the end! Thanks bro!
Old 5th Jan 2011, 16:39   #184
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Razer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That is what is happening with CAGE now. It's drifting off my plans a bit.
------------------------------------------------------
Razer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2011, 19:00   #185
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Improvise my friend and take your time. Patience is your friend, passion is your light!
Old 5th Jan 2011, 20:07   #186
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Razer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome!!
------------------------------------------------------
Razer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2011, 10:52   #187
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Time for a small update guys!

I added the rest of the 1 mm acrylic on the side panel.
It wasnt an easy task as I had to bend a little, glue it then bend a little more etc etc.

I used the mock ups for the windows to draw the outline in order to be cut later.

I also draw a line in the middle of the windows to align them perfectly and also add later a wooden dowel for extra support .

Next day morning I cut the windows by using the diamond disk. I finished the process with sanding drum and some filing.

They might look a little ugly right now cause you can see the glue etc but I have a lot more to do like sanding adding decoration elements etc.

I also glued the second department supporters which they will be used to hold the bottom plate in place.

Thats all for now guys! I have to go tomorrow to purchase some more glue as I need a looooooot for this project and I will keep on working and updating! Till then, peace!
Old 6th Jan 2011, 12:36   #188
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Good art usually does get messy before the final product (I remember as a kid watching artists draw a picture & thinking this is crap & then boom it quickly starts turning into something awesome) (don't think I think this is like that, I understand the stages of something awesome brewing ) & to think these are side panels wow , I still don't know what to expect with this but this is going to be so far out .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2011, 12:42   #189
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Good point buddy, I think that too when I paint sometimes, I tell my self what if someone sees that now before its finished he will say its crap but when someone sees it finished its a whole different story! Thanks buddy, well this mod its going to change face a million times till its finished so I believe it worths the journey!
Old 6th Jan 2011, 12:51   #190
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Or in short this is freaking awesome , keep it up mate .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2011, 12:52   #191
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Thanks brother again!
Old 6th Jan 2011, 13:14   #192
ringoiom
Modder

ringoiom has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Dont tend to swear on forums but....HOLY SH!T

You are an inspiration to wannabe modders like myself.....

Love your work AnG3L - cannot wait to see this develop through to completion.

ringoiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2011, 16:33   #193
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
These are my favourite type of builds by a long way. Keep going buddy! +rep
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2011, 20:02   #194
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringoiom View Post
Dont tend to swear on forums but....HOLY SH!T

You are an inspiration to wannabe modders like myself.....

Love your work AnG3L - cannot wait to see this develop through to completion.

Thank you my friend, I am flattered by your words! I wish you to be a dedicated and passionate modder with a lot of patience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
These are my favourite type of builds by a long way. Keep going buddy! +rep
Thanks buddy I am glad I could design something nice!
Old 10th Jan 2011, 21:33   #195
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

You know what time it is! Time for an update!
Lets start with the work I did these days.
Heat gun, burned fingers and the windows are bended and ready!!

Next is the assembly of the second compartment which is going to house the radiators, the pump etc.
I used epoxy but then I saw that it wasnt strong enough to hold these pieces together even if was going to add screws later on, so I went with Plastic Welder.

Then it was time to add the screws for the main compartments angles and supporters, glue its just not enough. I also countersunk the holes by using the countersink bit for metal as it works like a charm!

Also added the angle supporter on the "new!" back panel!

Measuring the spot for the screw holes on the second compartment.

Here is a shot of the Plastic Welder time! :P

Here you can get a small clue/idea of how this mod is going to look like even if the end result will be way better lol!

I also had to cut a small piece from the side panel supporters cause the panels couldnt open as it was interfering with the 5mm acrylic on the sides.

The process of drilling the "led" holes for the second compartment.

And the beginning of the second side panel! More to follow!

Thanks for watching my work guys, till next time, peace!
Old 10th Jan 2011, 21:56   #196
matt...
Slacker

matt... has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmatt... has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmatt... has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmatt... has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmatt... has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmatt... has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
always a pleasure to watch mate :-)
Old 10th Jan 2011, 22:00   #197
Technobod
Finally bought a desktop :D

Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.
Are you doing this..... in your bedroom? :O

[Weihrauch HW100S .22 + HW100KT .177 + HW97K .22][Hawke Panoramas 4x-12x x3]
Technobod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2011, 22:00   #198
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Thanks brother!
Old 10th Jan 2011, 22:01   #199
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobod View Post
Are you doing this..... in your bedroom? :O
Yes, this is my working place, also a washing machine outside which I use as a bench too! Lack of space but not lack of passion! :P
Old 10th Jan 2011, 23:54   #200
voigts
Hypermodder

voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I don't think you can ever really have enough room to work in. I've got about 2/3 of a 16' x 18' building/shed and I still feel cramped. I think Alex could probably mod and pull this stuff off in a closet if he had to. This is looking very interesting...

Tags
awesome, plexi

View Mode