bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 16th Dec 2010, 12:59   #1
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
Top 10 Games of 2010

You voted for them, now you can see which games won in our Top 10 of 2010.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2010/...ames-of-2010/1

Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Dec 2010, 13:14   #2
LeMaltor
>^_^<

LeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sixth - Red Dead Redemption

One of the early favourites to win, Red Dead Redemption eventually fell to fourth place in our Top 10 Games of 2010.

Huh?
Old 16th Dec 2010, 13:15   #3
memeroot
aged and experianced

memeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
the top game I cant argue with the rest were all a let down... every single one of them

except black ops which is a joy in 3d

where is dead rising 2?.... ok its just me

(havent played rdr so thats excluded)

civ failed because its toooooo sllllooooooowwwwwww (i5 750)
memeroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Dec 2010, 13:16   #4
Burdman27911
Modder

Burdman27911 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Where's my Monkey Island 2 vote? Oh well...

Glad to see the ME2 made it to the top, it really was the only game I found worthy of the title and it was hard to vote for the others.
Burdman27911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Dec 2010, 13:17   #5
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
nice list, good to see Bit-tech readers are not brainless CoD zombies.

BFBC2 is teh cheesecake

although i would personally swap Red Dead and Just Cause 2. but that's just me, i've played Just Cause 1 to death. and over 80% on Just Cause 2. RDR is just GTA on horses, no cars => less excitement for a petrol head such as myself.
Old 16th Dec 2010, 13:17   #6
zebby2k
What's a Dremel?

zebby2k has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How about a top ten Co-Op (on the same machine) list?
zebby2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Dec 2010, 13:19   #7
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Good run down, although I imagine that the votes for positions 5-10 were probably very close and very low, it's not been the most amazing year for games so far.

Last edited by CardJoe; 16th Dec 2010 at 13:22. Reason: shurrup ben :p
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Dec 2010, 13:20   #8
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMaltor
Sixth - Red Dead Redemption

One of the early favourites to win, Red Dead Redemption eventually fell to fourth place in our Top 10 Games of 2010.

Huh?
Fixed.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Dec 2010, 13:28   #9
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
C'mon! ME2 is a great game, but number one RPG? it is not even a rpg! Perhaps a action/rpg.
ME2 is as much as RPG than Borderlands is.

BTW the "hall of fame" is unclear about the time frame in the voting.
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Dec 2010, 13:30   #10
bogie170
Supermodder

bogie170 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No Minecraft then?!
bogie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Dec 2010, 13:43   #11
Cobalt
Supermodder

Cobalt has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemerich
C'mon! ME2 is a great game, but number one RPG? it is not even a rpg! Perhaps a action/rpg.
ME2 is as much as RPG than Borderlands is.

BTW the "hall of fame" is unclear about the time frame in the voting.
I hear this sentiment a lot which makes me think most people don't understand what an RPG is. "Role Playing" is the key part in the title. That doesn't just mean that there is a level up mechanism and lots of stats to fiddle; the ability to shape Shepard into the hero that you want makes automatically a more in depth RPG than many other in the category. JRPGs for example, often don't allow you any control over the actions of the character and yet no one ever went out to complain that they weren't RPGs.

Coming from a traditional RPG background where many of the games I've played have even more simple rules than ME2, or even no rules at all, it makes no sense to me to define the genre so narrowly.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Dec 2010, 13:46   #12
memeroot
aged and experianced

memeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Minecraft +1
memeroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Dec 2010, 13:47   #13
wiggles
Multimodder

wiggles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Amnesia : TDD was the best game of 2010. The 9.3 User score on metacritic is some evidence for this http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/am...e-dark-descent
wiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Dec 2010, 13:58   #14
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Minecraft isn't a finished product - it's not even in Beta yet - thus, it wasn't put forward this year. Next year, however...

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Dec 2010, 14:04   #15
billysielu
Multimodder

billysielu has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Black Ops should be worst game of the year IMO.
bs ranking is bs.
billysielu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Dec 2010, 14:06   #16
DriftCarl
Supermodder

DriftCarl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have recently got back into BFBC2 and am really enjoying it. It has so much different gameplay than the CoD games.
Cod games are pretty much the same every time you play it now, round after round, you play pretty independantly and there isnt much team work going on, BFBC2 is completly different, the gameplay is drastically different depending on who you have as your team mates, and games can go on for a while if the teams are very even.
DriftCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Dec 2010, 14:09   #17
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
im very disappointed that no indie games made the list and only AAA titles

Old 16th Dec 2010, 14:26   #18
Kempas
What's a Dremel?

Kempas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Okay, I'll play Mass Effect then...
Kempas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Dec 2010, 14:37   #19
mastorofpuppetz
Banned

mastorofpuppetz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
RDR sixth? Lost all credibility.
mastorofpuppetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Dec 2010, 14:38   #20
mastorofpuppetz
Banned

mastorofpuppetz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
LMAo, Bit-tech just lost a lot of respect. heavy rain 10th? Mass effect 2 1? RDR only sixth? ROFL, WOW, Heavy rain is better then me 2 which is shallow and over rated. RDR has the most immersive open world with a great story to boot.
mastorofpuppetz is offline   Reply With Quote