bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 21st Dec 2010, 07:36   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Finger tracking rumoured for Kinect

Microsoft's Kinect could become much more accurate if rumours of finger-tracking prove to be true.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ger-tracking/1

Last edited by arcticstoat; 21st Dec 2010 at 07:55.
arcticstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2010, 08:24   #2
V3ctor
Tech addict...

V3ctor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So... When I loose I can have my revenge!! Kudos Microsoft XD
Intel Core i7 4770K@4.5Ghz / ASUS Sabertooth Z87 / 2x4Gb Gskill Trident X 2400Mhz / 2x ASUS Matrix Platinum 7970 3Gb / Samsung T260 / 2x Corsair Force GT 240Gb raid0/ Corsair HX-850W/ Silverstone FT02R-Wi
V3ctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2010, 08:31   #3
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
It's good, non casual games that are missing for me.
WII, Kinect, Move...it's all just wave wave wave hihihi!

Now while that's nice, i'm missing innovation.
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2010, 08:52   #4
Darkedge
Supermodder

Darkedge has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
improvements will be good, I think we have alot to come from Kinect in the future
Darkedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2010, 08:57   #5
proxess
Hypermodder

proxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for president
But will it detect colour people?
Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448
proxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2010, 09:15   #6
Toploaded
Supermodder

Toploaded has yet to learn the way of the DremelToploaded has yet to learn the way of the DremelToploaded has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Kinect is racist and is more progressively so the darker skinned one is, and Move look would not look out of place being sold in Ann Summers, this my friends, is the future of console gaming.

Jokes aside, if Kinect really could track finger movements, and was fully supported by MS to be PC compatible, some great things could come from it I'm sure.
Toploaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2010, 09:38   #7
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'd prefer a firmware update that allows it to work in slightly smaller rooms to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2010, 10:26   #8
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
Shouldn't it have done this from the start? Developers push things out that are half complete or broken, look at the STALKER series or anything by bethsaida. The original xbox had problems that proper testing would have highlighted and prevented. Kinda goes back to the blog post on here a couple of days ago about the death of demo's. Companies use betas now for quality control but so often reports from those betas goes unheard. Look how many people mentioned latancy as a problem yet microsoft conveniently ignored it.
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2010, 10:36   #9
Fordy
Multimodder

Fordy has yet to learn the way of the DremelFordy has yet to learn the way of the DremelFordy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Could be cool, for FPS etc. f it was reliable enough.

Sitting in an armchair holding an air gun (as in air guitar, not as in.. airgun lol), Kinect detecting movement on your trigger finger.
Old 21st Dec 2010, 13:17   #10
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Thats right new ultra sensitivity for Kinect available soon for £xxx.xx
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2010, 15:43   #11
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
So what would happen if I flipped it the bird?

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2010, 17:34   #12
bobwya
Custom PC Migrant

bobwya has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks like the robotics researchers and hacking community are blowing MS - at developing for their own device... Lol fail. Bye, bye Steve.
bobwya is offline   Reply With Quote