bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 23rd Dec 2010, 08:12   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Antec Soundscience Rockus 3D 2.1 speakers preview

We drop into Antec's office and shake the windows with its new 2.1 speaker set.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/spe...s-3d-preview/1
Old 23rd Dec 2010, 09:06   #2
Siwini
What is 4+no.5?

Siwini has yet to learn the way of the DremelSiwini has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Not bad.. HA I am first in comment:0
Win7 Pro 64Bit | I7 860 @4.0Ghz XSPC RS240 | Gigabyte P55-UD5 | 8GB G.Skill 1600 7 8 7 24| Crucial C300 64GB SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung F3 RAID0 | Asus GTX 570 | Asus Xonar DS 7.1 | Logitech Z-2300 | Corsair CMPSU 850 ATX | Xigmatek Utgard | Dell U2410
Siwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2010, 09:55   #3
Ljs
Limited Edition

Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.
I prefer 2.1 with my computer for exactly the reason stated - not really enough room to position the speakers properly and most people have way too many wires hanging around their desk anyway.

Remote looks cool but I think they look slightly tacky with the chrome and honeycombe. Price is a bit suspect too!
Ljs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2010, 10:15   #4
hurrakan
Modder

hurrakan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The sub looks very similar to the sub with my older Aego M 2.1. I wonder how the Rockus compares and whether it's a better replacement?
hurrakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2010, 10:15   #5
hurrakan
Modder

hurrakan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurrakan
The sub looks very similar to the sub with my older Aego M 2.1. I wonder how the Rockus compares and whether it's a better replacement?
That is Acoustic Energy Aego M 2.1
hurrakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2010, 10:28   #6
Skiddywinks
Hypermodder

Skiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Christ, you can get some damn good headphones for less than that. And they would do surround a hell of a lot better as well, if you have the soundcard.
Skiddywinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2010, 10:32   #7
memeroot
aged and experianced

memeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
yep speakers cost more than cans.... well noticed ;-)

they look lovely
memeroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2010, 11:42   #8
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
£170 isn't bad for a set of speakers either, if you actually get your moneys worth. It's just a shame the speakers look so damn fugly and cheap. I actually like the look of the sub and the controller..
Old 23rd Dec 2010, 13:02   #9
[PUNK] crompers
Dremedial

[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
yeah the satellites look like they're from a set of budget logitechs. seems like they stole the Aego's design for the sub, why not the satellites too? certainly no need for visible plastic on a set of £170 2.1's imho
| Main Rig | TJ07B-W | 2600k @ 4.7Ghz | Sabertooth Z77 | 8GB Corsair Vengance | EVGA FTW 670 @ 1305Mhz | Samsung 830 128GB |1TB Samsung F3 | EK Supremacy CSQ | EK FC680 CSQ | Corsair HX650W | U2711 | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless | Xonar Essence STX | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm |
| HTPC | Lian Li Q11-B | AMD A10 5800k | ASRock FM2A75M-ITX | 8GB XMS3 2000 | 1TB Seagate | SFX 350W |
[PUNK] crompers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2010, 13:53   #10
mrbens
Supermodder

mrbens has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by memeroot
yep speakers cost more than cans.... well noticed ;-)
Not really a valid point when some headphones cost thousands of pounds!
My SilverStone TJ07B PC: Haswell i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming mobo | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr 2GB | Seasonic X-Series 750W PSU | Crucial M4 128GB SSD | Crucial M225 128GB SSD | OCZ Solid 3 120GB SSD
Sound: Epiphany Acoustics' E-DAC & O2 Heahphone Amp | Little Dot MK III Tube Headphone Amp | Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 600ohm Headphones (music) | Onkyo HT-S3305B AV Receiver + 5.1 speakers (movies)
mrbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2010, 14:05   #11
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Not a bad looking pair of speakers IMO (sorry guys).

For that price though surely you'd be better off with hifi components? I've yet to find any PC speakers that outdo my £150 Mission/Denon combo.
Old 23rd Dec 2010, 14:09   #12
Xonar
Hypermodder

Xonar has yet to learn the way of the DremelXonar has yet to learn the way of the DremelXonar has yet to learn the way of the DremelXonar has yet to learn the way of the DremelXonar has yet to learn the way of the DremelXonar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbens View Post
Not really a valid point when some headphones cost thousands of pounds!
I dunno, some speakers cost hundreds of thousands, but I think you could say the statement is justified.

What I've always heard is to get the same level of quality you would have to spend significantly more on the speaker setup that on headphones.
Xonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2010, 16:35   #13
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Usher S520. Audio Engine A5. M-Audio AV-20. nEar 04. Why bother with mediocrity?

If you're feeling particularly rich, Lenehan ML1/ML1PlusR.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Dec 2010, 10:21   #14
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I don't like it when bit tech reviews stuff that is so 'subjective' depending on who uses the kit.

It's not a knock on you guys or whatever. It's just that it's kind of like if my mom talked to me about sex... It'd be awkward as hell
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2010, 12:31   #15
Boscoe
"and she'll be foamin at the vag."

Boscoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Boscoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Boscoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Boscoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Boscoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Boscoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Boscoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Boscoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Boscoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Boscoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Boscoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi1ez View Post
Not a bad looking pair of speakers IMO (sorry guys).

For that price though surely you'd be better off with hifi components? I've yet to find any PC speakers that outdo my £150 Mission/Denon combo.
You need to spend a lot more than that on HIFI, you need to but an amp seperate and anything else like pre-amps which are ideally needed. The bass won't be as good with moniters against a sub so adding a sub to that adds to cost then you need a preamp. What is you combo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonar View Post
I dunno, some speakers cost hundreds of thousands, but I think you could say the statement is justified.

What I've always heard is to get the same level of quality you would have to spend significantly more on the speaker setup that on headphones.
You don't get the same feeling with headphones i find, you can't feel it.
Old 28th Dec 2010, 12:35   #16
Xonar
Hypermodder

Xonar has yet to learn the way of the DremelXonar has yet to learn the way of the DremelXonar has yet to learn the way of the DremelXonar has yet to learn the way of the DremelXonar has yet to learn the way of the DremelXonar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscoe View Post
You don't get the same feeling with headphones i find, you can't feel it.
Completely agree with you, I much prefer listening to music using speakers as you just can't 'feel' the bass near as well. All comes down to preference at the end of the day.
Xonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Dec 2010, 16:44   #17
Grimloon
Usually bugnuts

Grimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run Crysis
The price isn't bad for the features offered but it sounds like they haven't got them sorted yet. I'm definitely interested in the 3D aspect as I tried 7.1 but soon gave up as there are just too many odd angles in my study.

I reckon I'll stick with plain old stereo and my Soundsticks 2 for a little while yet - excellent sound quality all the way through the range, even when the bass is rattling the windows
Grimloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Dec 2010, 18:51   #18
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddywinks View Post
Christ, you can get some damn good headphones for less than that. And they would do surround a hell of a lot better as well, if you have the soundcard.
Tell that to your guests when they're left in silence because you spent everything on headphones. There are uses for speakers which come down to more than just personal preference.