bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 26th Dec 2010, 11:16   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
The Best Gaming Moments of 2010

What were our favourite gaming stories of 2010? Find out now!

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2010/...ents-of-2010/1
Old 26th Dec 2010, 12:37   #2
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I couldn't agree more with James in the FO:NV moment. FO1 & FO2 are in my top ten games list ever. And it brought me back some nice memories too. I've never found the highwayman, but i've found a "Cat's paw magazine". The music made by Mark Morgan (The same that made the scores for Planescape: Torment with that very touching theme for Deionarra) are a very high point in the game. I sometimes wish to ignore the existence of FO3 and replace it with new vegas. But I can't help myself but to think about that black cat with wide opened eys with the sayings "what has been seen cannot be unseen".

Those butchers at bethesda!

I wish I could find the "The bridge keeper" or the "Knights that say ni" too.

On a side note, i wish to say that despise I never played in the XBox, I loved Brotherhood of steel in the PC and I love so much that turn based thing. I wish I could see more of those old school turn based games...

On ANOTHER side note, yes, i a a freak games music fan. I am actually listening to "Super meat boy" OST right now, and my cell phone ring is the song for the First boss in "Thunder Force III" for Sega's Megadrive
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Dec 2010, 14:10   #3
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Reminds me of one of my favorite moments from the original Half Life.

It was the first time you encounter the mutant fish and it's swimming around the pool and I'm standing outside bemoaning the fact that sooner or later I'm going to have to get in the water with that thing. I was trying to shoot it when it came to the surface when it happened to come up under a barnacle and get winched in. Sure beat swimming with it
Old 26th Dec 2010, 14:46   #4
nissanskyrice
Terminally Lazy

nissanskyrice has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemerich

I wish I could find the "The bridge keeper" or the "Knights that say ni" too.
Now you've made me install FO2 again just to find those instances. and of course "brave brave sir robin".
Its a brilliant game without the Monty Python tributes but its soo much better with them.
nissanskyrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Dec 2010, 16:05   #5
The_EXorcist
Possibly Australian

The_EXorcist has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Killing Floor... one of the most underrated games of all time. Insanely fun\frantic especially with friends on lan\private server. Also excellent value for money. It's L4D 1 & 2 turned up to 11.
Old 26th Dec 2010, 17:43   #6
Almightyrastus
Engineering the awesome

Almightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
ME2, Tali getting killed as she closed the blast door was it for me as well. The only member of my team that I lost. Sure I could have gone back and tried to make some other choices but I made the choice at the start of ME1 that whatever happened I would carry on and keep things as a single story right to the end. If people died then so be it, that is how my version of the story is playing out
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Dec 2010, 22:33   #7
mrbens
Supermodder

mrbens has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great New Vegas write-up James.
My SilverStone TJ07B PC: Haswell i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming mobo | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr 2GB | Seasonic X-Series 750W PSU | Crucial M4 128GB SSD | Crucial M225 128GB SSD | OCZ Solid 3 120GB SSD
Sound: Epiphany Acoustics' E-DAC & O2 Heahphone Amp | Little Dot MK III Tube Headphone Amp | Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 600ohm Headphones (music) | Onkyo HT-S3305B AV Receiver + 5.1 speakers (movies)
mrbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Dec 2010, 00:39   #8
memeroot
aged and experianced

memeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
loads of people died in my me2.... is it possible to lose none?
memeroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Dec 2010, 00:42   #9
jimmyjj
Hypermodder

jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Favorite moments: the whole epic experience that is Mass Effect 2.

Favorite retro moment: playing Loom again when it became available through steam earlier this year. Very wonderful, gentle and relaxing game for the price of a pint. Brief and beautiful nostalgia.

Moment I was least expecting: graphic gay sex scene in Dragon Age Origins (good game btw).

Most crushing and terrible disappointment: The travesty that was command and conquer four. They spat upon loyal fans of the series - (don't even get me started).

Other highlights:

Starcraft 2 single player was fun and polished.

Most looking forward to in early 2011: Deus Ex.
Old 27th Dec 2010, 00:46   #10
jimmyjj
Hypermodder

jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jimmyjj is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by memeroot
Absolutely.

I will not drop any spoliers, but there are many guides available on how to achieve this. Just use your old friend google.
Old 27th Dec 2010, 01:10   #11
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Couldn't agree more on Neptune's Pride; playing that game = sleep deprivation for the duration, good fun though.

I didn't enjoy Fallout 3: New Vegas anywhere near as much though; loved FO3 but NV was just more of the same IMO.

GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Dec 2010, 01:56   #12
Unknownsock
Supermodder

Unknownsock has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySmacked
I didn't enjoy Fallout 3: New Vegas anywhere near as much though; loved FO3 but NV was just more of the same IMO.
True, but better!
Unknownsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Dec 2010, 06:43   #13
Paradox42
Modder

Paradox42 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Neptune's Pride = WIN!
Old 28th Dec 2010, 02:05   #14
Mitcian
Multimodder

Mitcian has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Amnesia, the...scariest...game...ever!
I agree that water section is terrifying. This was the first game where I felt truly enveloped and part of the unfolding events. I almost expected to stumble in that cliché manner over a piece of debris, or become frozen to the spot as one rounds a corner to be faced with a leering terror only feet ahead.
Mitcian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2010, 17:51   #15
Pughy
Fancy a game of Starcraft?

Pughy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lack of starcraft 2 makes me sad

SC2 being one of the only games I bought this year and making me insanely happy because I've been waiting for an online multiplayer that actually takes legit skill.

Now all I need is a FPS that takes alot of skill and my life is complete (I'm not a quake fan).
Pughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2011, 02:22   #16
pimlicosound
Multimodder

pimlicosound has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjj
Quote:
Originally Posted by memeroot
Absolutely.

I will not drop any spoliers, but there are many guides available on how to achieve this. Just use your old friend google.
I must have got quite lucky, because I managed to keep all my team members alive on my first try. I tried doing things differently on one playthrough and several people died as a result, so I obviously hit the right combination first time, if only through blind luck.
pimlicosound is offline   Reply With Quote