bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 11th Jan 2011, 11:10   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Bulletstorm PC specs revealed

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ecs-revealed/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2011, 11:15   #2
Centy-face
Caw?

Centy-face has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Dual core and quad recommended seems a little excessive for UE3 but it looks like they are really pushing the engine so that's something.
Centy-face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2011, 11:16   #3
adam_bagpuss
Have you tried turning it off/on ?

adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
why have you listed borderlands PC specs isnt the game bulletstorm ?
Old 11th Jan 2011, 11:22   #4
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_bagpuss
why have you listed borderlands PC specs isnt the game bulletstorm ?
Whoops! Will fix!

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2011, 12:04   #5
Mattmc91
Ultramodder

Mattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run CrysisMattmc91 can run Crysis
Will you need a 16 speed CD drive? surely this would be DVD, and also there's bound to be digital versions of this.
Mattmc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2011, 12:44   #6
thelaw
Cynical B*stard

thelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysisthelaw can run Crysis
"Bulletstorm is an over-the-top FPS where players are encouraged to find creative ways to kill enemies in return for points"

That will surely be down to the how dynamic the game is and what is user interactive in a game map, IE what is usable as oppose to backgrounds, sounds fun thought.
thelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2011, 13:56   #7
veato
I should be working

veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
What's a QuadCore 2.0?
Old 11th Jan 2011, 15:14   #8
Kiytan
Shiny

Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veato
What's a QuadCore 2.0?
Better than a Quadcore 1.9 :P
Kiytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2011, 15:34   #9
veato
I should be working

veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I presume they mean 2.0GHz although I didnt think there was a quad core rated that low?
Old 11th Jan 2011, 15:48   #10
SaNdCrAwLeR
Multimodder

SaNdCrAwLeR has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
yet again... let's put these games with low-end specs so that the development team doesn't have to work too hard on the PC version...
SaNdCrAwLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2011, 16:07   #11
dactone
dact-one

dactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiytan
Quote:
Originally Posted by veato
What's a QuadCore 2.0?
Better than a Quadcore 1.9 :P
hahahahahahaha!
Old 11th Jan 2011, 16:23   #12
pimonserry
sounds like a party.

pimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Excellent news, I'm hoping to play this on my laptop

+REP ME FOR BEING WONDERFUL
pimonserry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2011, 17:00   #13
Bede
Ultramodder

Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdCrAwLeR
yet again... let's put these games with low-end specs so that the development team doesn't have to work too hard on the PC version...
Stop bitching, at least this doesn't look like COD:BLOPS where it is optimised so badly for PC that you need an i5/i7 just to brute force through...
Coolermaster 690 II Advanced (white edition) | i5-2500K | MSI P67-GD53 | MSI GTX580 | 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 1.5V | Gelid Tranquillo | Asus Xonar DS | 700W Coolermaster Silent Pro M | Corsair Force Series 3 60GB | Crucial M4 128GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Bede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2011, 17:39   #14
eddtox
Homo Interneticus

eddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremeleddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I do think that having more quality titles capable of running on more average hardware would make a huge difference to the state of PC gaming. As things stand, having a quality multiplayer pc gaming experience with someone in your household would set you back nearly 2000, as opposed to 3-700 for handhelds/consoles.
Old 11th Jan 2011, 19:16   #15
frontline
Punish Your Machine

frontline has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfrontline has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I will be buying a Zacate E-350 based system just to run this.
Intel Core i7 2600K| Asus P8P67-M PRO R3 | Corsair H70 Hydro Series CPU Cooler |Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz XMS3 Memory Kit CL9 1.65V | Sapphire HD 6990 4GB GDDR5 | Crucial M225 128Gb SSD | Asus Xonar DX | LG W2261VP | Corsair GS800 PSU
frontline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2011, 21:16   #16
Eiffie
Supermodder

Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdCrAwLeR
Stop bitching, at least this doesn't look like COD:BLOPS where it is optimised so badly for PC that you need an i5/i7 just to brute force through...
Agreed, I got an I5 - 750 running at 4ghz and BLOPS still gives me weird hick-ups every now and then. I really had high hopes for that game, that it would somehow rectify the problems of MW2 on PC but it just brought it's own issues along with it.
I5-750 @ 4GHz - MSI P55-GD65 - 8GB Crucial DDR3 1600 - EVGA GTX 680 2GB - 1 Western Digital Black 1TB - 2 Western Digital Green 2TB - 700W Silverstone PSU - H50 Water Cooling Unit - Win7 64-Bit - Logitech G400 - Cooler Master QuickFire Pro MX Brown - Steelseries Icemat V2 - Blue Microphone Snowball - Logitech C920 Webcam
Eiffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2011, 01:51   #17
deadsea
Multimodder

deadsea has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldeadsea has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddtox View Post
I do think that having more quality titles capable of running on more average hardware would make a huge difference to the state of PC gaming. As things stand, having a quality multiplayer pc gaming experience with someone in your household would set you back nearly 2000, as opposed to 3-700 for handhelds/consoles.
Is computer hardware really that expensive over there?

I can easily do 2 sets of i5 with 460s for around half of that. Less if i really went to squeeze on the non necessary stuff. No wonder so many love consoles there.
deadsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2011, 02:22   #18
Yslen
Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.Yslen is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsea
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddtox View Post

I can easily do 2 sets of i5 with 460s for around half of that. Less if i really went to squeeze on the non necessary stuff. No wonder so many love consoles there.
You don't even need that much for gaming. A sub-70 phenom II will suffice for most things - BFBC2 runs fine on mine.

You could spend even less on a gaming machine if your only goal is to have a better experience than you would on a console :P
Asrock Z77e-ITX - Intel i5 3570k - Corsair H50-1 - G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz - Gigabyte HD6870 - Crucial M4 - Samsung HDD - 530W ThermalTake SS PSU - Bitfenix Prodigy - LG IPS231P - NAOS 8200 - Poker II (Reds) - IBM Model M
Take a look at my Photography portfolio, here.
Yslen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2011, 11:50   #19
eddtox
Homo Interneticus

eddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremeleddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsea View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yslen View Post
You don't even need that much for gaming. A sub-70 phenom II will suffice for most things - BFBC2 runs fine on mine.

You could spend even less on a gaming machine if your only goal is to have a better experience than you would on a console :P

Remember that I'm not just talking about the CPU/MOBO/RAM/GPU. I'm talking about the whole cost, including cases, monitors, speakers, keyboards, mice, desks, chairs, windows, games, all capable of running games at reasonable settings at 1080p.
Old 12th Jan 2011, 23:28   #20
Zeus-Nolan
Multimodder

Zeus-Nolan is definitely a rep cheat.Zeus-Nolan is definitely a rep cheat.Zeus-Nolan is definitely a rep cheat.Zeus-Nolan is definitely a rep cheat.Zeus-Nolan is definitely a rep cheat.Zeus-Nolan is definitely a rep cheat.Zeus-Nolan is definitely a rep cheat.Zeus-Nolan is definitely a rep cheat.Zeus-Nolan is definitely a rep cheat.Zeus-Nolan is definitely a rep cheat.Zeus-Nolan is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddtox
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsea View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yslen View Post

Remember that I'm not just talking about the CPU/MOBO/RAM/GPU. I'm talking about the whole cost, including cases, monitors, speakers, keyboards, mice, desks, chairs, windows, games, all capable of running games at reasonable settings at 1080p.
well i only spent 770ish (march 2009) on mine and it runs everything at 1080 fine any more than that and you would get a beast pc

The game looks good and its UE3 so it will run well even with bloated specs
[Fracal Arc Midi R2] [4670K @4Ghz] [Hydro H110] [MSI 660 TF3] [8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133mhz] [MSI G45 Z87] [CM 520M] [250GB Samsung 840 SSD] [1TB Samsung F3 + F1] [Benq G2420HDBL] [CM Storm QuickFire Pro] [MX518] [Corsair SP2500] [Corsair Vengeance 1300] [Nexus 7] [Samsung S2] [Xbox 360]
Zeus-Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote